Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So WM was laying on his left side with his right arm under his head? And he was shot in the left eye with the bullet ending up in the right side of his brain? Seems to me that if he was on his left side, wouldn't his left eye be buried in his pillow? Or was his face looking upward? Because if he was facing up, and DM was standing on the right side of the bed where the gun was found, it would make sense that he would shoot him in the left eye (closest to him) and that the bullet would travel to the right side of his brain, as he would have been firing from left to right. Has there been any images or sketches released of how the body was found?

I assumed DM did it because DM Is left handed. BUT We haven’t heard if WM was left or right handed though.

I’d assume trying to fire a gun with your wrong hand would be like trying to cut paper with a left hand when your in fact right handed. It’s tuff!

Oh, I'm sorry! I was confused about that statement, because one second RP is asking about hands, but the pathologist seemed to answer in regard to the face. Also, I didn't recall the pathologist mentioning anything about abrasions on WM's hands. Does anyone recall whether anything was ever mentioned in regard to any markings on DM's hands on the night he found his dad?

Jun 13 2018 11:54 AM
Herath says there was no stipling around the wound -- which are abrasions caused by the firing of a gun.

Jun 13 2018 11:53 AM
Pillay is asking if there was examination done to see if there was embedded gunpowder in the hands, where there were some abrasions. Herath says no.

I was also baffled by the abrasions mention on his hands. I also do not recall anyone mentioning this.

WM told Woodward that he had $10m to fund the building and the first 2 years costs. At some stage WM must have realised he didn't have that much, possibly when the building costs overran and he was unable to make the payment due to the builder in June 2012 (although he did sign off on the incinerator at that time). The RBC loan would likely have been secured on the building and not necessarily on the future performance of the business. Woodward also agreed in cross that WM was having financial problems and had taken out a mortgage on his own home. The annual costs for 16 employees and servicing the debt was probably in the region of $1m.
I think DM knew about the problem earlier in 2012 when he asked for someone to invest $2m in the business. All he could see were mounting debts, and his cash resources being drained.
So the financial situation could be a reason for suicide but, from DM's point of view, also a motive for murder, he being the one most impacted in the future.

DM also stated in his polic interview that he and his dad shared one account. I wonder if this “shared” account was the business acct?!

Can't find the photo right now, but was it a nightside table or taller dresser beside the bed? It's conceivable that DM knelt on the far side of the table, extended his (left?) arm, put the gun close to WM's left eye and fired the shot. Although the angle may be somewhat off if the bullet ended up on the right side of the brain. I suspect WM was left handed as well.

Can't find the photo right now, but was it a nightside table or taller dresser beside the bed? It's conceivable that DM knelt on the far side of the table, extended his (left?) arm, put the gun close to WM's left eye and fired the shot. Although the angle may be somewhat off if the bullet ended up on the right side of the brain. I suspect WM was left handed as well.
Adam Carter answered some others and said he was left handed.
If he was would that make it more impossible for him to commit suicide.?

I assumed DM did it because DM Is left handed. BUT We haven’t heard if WM was left or right handed though.

I’d assume trying to fire a gun with your wrong hand would be like trying to cut paper with a left hand when your in fact right handed. It’s tuff!
He was left handed.

I agree, there were definite indications of a dire financial situation, either a reason for suicide or murder.

One, a witness testified funds were borrowed for wages and tools is an indication the company has no available resources to carry operating costs. If borrowed from a bank, they get real edgy when there’s no income to repay. Two, no signed contacts, no cashflow almost a month after receiving Transport Canada certification. Three, the hanger was built as a MRO on the prospects of grand plans that Kitchener-Waterloo airport was about to take on a major expansion, which never did occur.

Committee puts brakes on Waterloo International Airport expansion
It kills me how people will move in next to an airport, and then complain about the noise of airplanes. Or people will buy a cheap property next to a dump, and then complain about the toxins. Kills me. :confused:

I wonder if same situation would have happened if the MRO had gone ahead as planned? I'm pretty sure there would have been enormous agreements signed from both parties, and if a company spent that kind of money under the guise of future expansion which ended up not happening, there would likely be damages to be paid out.

To me, a month is nothing. But the real issue is that it was DM himself who was preventing even the possibility of entertaining prospective clients and investors. I see this whole situation as almost a power struggle, like a 2 year old has with his parents, a battle of wills. Poor little rich boy isn't getting his way this time and he is MAD AS HELL when it begins to look like everything is actually coming together. He sees doom, and tries to make sure he makes it become doomed... tries to blame it all on the professionals, the consultants hired to ensure its success. Remember the fellow said that DM wasn't even listed on the corporate organizational chart? Can you imagine how put out poor DM must have felt when his dad was listening to his paid consultants instead of HIM? jmo.

"Adam Carter
Jun 12 2018 2:41 PM
Barnes says he was basically the second in command at MillardAir before he was let go. Dellen Millard wasn't on the company's organizational chart, Pillay says.""

Adam Carter answered some others and said he was left handed.
If he was would that make it more impossible for him to commit suicide.?

I think being left handed would make it improbable that he shot himself in the left eye while laying on his left side. The wrist would be bent at a very uncomfortable position, especially if the barrel of the gun is long. DM probably didn't think of that, but it doesn't appear anyone thought of that either until after the arrest for TB's murder.

I agree, there were definite indications of a dire financial situation, either a reason for suicide or murder.

One, a witness testified funds were borrowed for wages and tools is an indication the company has no available resources to carry operating costs. If borrowed from a bank, they get real edgy when there’s no income to repay. Two, no signed contacts, no cashflow almost a month after receiving Transport Canada certification. Three, the hanger was built as a MRO on the prospects of grand plans that Kitchener-Waterloo airport was about to take on a major expansion, which never did occur.

Committee puts brakes on Waterloo International Airport expansion

Reading that article again and this one
From jetliners to police tape
it looks like DM was quite into this project in 2010 and 2011 and buying the farm locally to build a home for him and his fiancee would seem quite logical and normal. It's like something happened in late 2011/early 2012 to turn him to a life of crime and murder. The most obvious thing is money and seeing it disappear before his eyes.

I think being left handed would make it improbable that he shot himself in the left eye while laying on his left side. The wrist would be bent at a very uncomfortable position, especially if the barrel of the gun is long. DM probably didn't think of that, but it doesn't appear anyone thought of that either until after the arrest for TB's murder.
In the reenactment tomorrow it should be able to prove it would be very difficult for Wayne to have shot himself.
I believe DM will be convicted.

In your paragraph above: WM's left eye would have been closest to his pillow, NOT closest to DM, and don't forget that DM was left handed.. so for DM to have done it, IF WM was on his left side at the time, with left eye near pillow, and DM comes along, using his left hand, pointing towards the right back of WM's head.. it seems awkward there too, but not impossible for sure.
Hopefully the reconstructionist tomorrow will be able to shed some light on which position would have caused what kind of blood mess? It was said that WM had blood all over his face. Yet it was leaking out of his wound down onto the side of the bed. So how did it get all over his face if the gun was that close to his eye when it was fired? I don't understand enough about this stuff.

If WM was instead lying on his back when the shot was fired, how did he get to be on his left side?

Hopefully the reconstruction will shed some light as, unless this photo is flipped, it definitely appear to me he was found laying on his left side.

wayne-millard-gun.jpg

Police never examined blood-soaked pillow, key evidence was moved, Millard trial hears | CBC News

It was a dresser, so it was taller than a night table.. I can no longer seem to post photos into a post without first posting the pic to a website.. can someone please confirm?

In the reenactment tomorrow it should be able to prove it would be very difficult for Wayne to have shot himself.
When son and I just tried it out, it wasn't very difficult at all. It was more like.. but why would he do it that way, when he much more easily could've done it *this* way.. type of thing.

I agree that's probably the point of the witness.
Using the thumb to pull the trigger makes it a bit easier though (?) and recoil might then blow the arm back to a straight position. But the lack of fingerprints is significant. Using the thumb is unnatural but would you actually pull using the inside of the knuckle rather than the end where the fingerprints are?

Best of my googling indicates a “long” S&W 32 caliber has a barrel that’s either 3 1/2, 4 1/4 or 6 inches long.
The .32 S&W Long: A Handgun Hunter's Perspective - By Glen E. Fryxell

Comparing the actual photo of the gun, just my estimate, I’d say the barrel appears the same as the 4 inch one and the total length looks about 9 or 10”?
wayne-millard-gun.jpg

Former associate saw Dellen Millard with gun before his father died, murder trial hears | CBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled