Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article states the concrete plans for the hanger began in 2011.

“A month later in June 2011, Millardair finalized a site plan agreement with municipal governments and applied for a building permit for a 51,516-square-foot hangar at the northwest corner of the airport, valued at $6.4 million. The building permit was approved in July 2011.”
From jetliners to police tape

A month without contracts might be nothing if the airport plans had began to progress into reality but that hadn’t occured by late 2012. By then it’s highly possible there were many indications that expansion for the new terminal and runways was not imminent therefore airlines would have no incentive to arrange contracts with an MRO that month, the next month or later.

It’s not unusual for businesses to gamble, land developers do it all the time on the prospects of planned urban growth and development which is much like what WN chose to do IMO. But the airport plan was only a plan, not a commitment, no guarantee it would proceed.

If there is motive for DM in all this, it would be the wasting of his anticipated luctrative inheritance on a costly project that had no future. JMO
The experts believed it had a future. Do we know the airport was under no commitment to follow through with expansion plans? In any case, it's a moot point, since we know that DM had a few different motives, the MRO being one of them whether or not it was to be a success, all piling up together. jmo.

I wonder about the vomiting, if the gun shot would have been immediately fatal...could WM have woken up and had any convo with DM and known what was about to happen to him? Or vomit from maybe his drink being laced with something? Something to think about.

Hmmm that is a good point. If he was shot in his sleep and died instantly, when /how did he vomit?
Thinking back, did anyone other than the paramedic mention the vomit?

The crown will be done on Fri. this trial could be over in one or 2 weeks.
Finally we come to the end of hearing about DM. He will still have appeals but we will be done having to hear about him.
Learning all I have about him through 3 trials it is repulsive.
Now knowing more since the Tim Bosma trial I believe DM was the shooter in the Tim Bosma murder. I thought MS was but now changed my mind ,DM imo was the shooter.
He shot Tim Bosma in the head.
DM is a freak and can only hope that there are not anymore running around like him.
Every decade these freaks show up like Paul Bernardo.

I agree that's probably the point of the witness.
Using the thumb to pull the trigger makes it a bit easier though (?) and recoil might then blow the arm back to a straight position. But the lack of fingerprints is significant. Using the thumb is unnatural but would you actually pull using the inside of the knuckle rather than the end where the fingerprints are?
What, if WM woke up, noticing the gun aimed at his face in very immediate vicinity, being scared hold the gun with his left hand on it's barrel and tried to prevent DM from shooting at his head. Within seconds DM cold-heartedly pressed the trigger. Then sometime DM manipulated WM's left thumb into a certain position, he thought would be suitable. What, if? Possible or not?

Yes, or.. through the temple.. or under the throat.. or take a pile of pills and alcohol.. why this?

...and why with the gun that was purchased by DM, illegally obtained, by a now convicted criminal?
Isho took the stand before, if he did again, it may have cleared up some questions? Imo

They did ask. The insurance guy left, and DM, WM and the other guy continued to meet for a bit. Then Millard and the other guy left at the same time.
Can you post the tweet, or link? There was also another guy/employee at the meeting.

In DM's taped interview (around 15:30), he said "Lisa the bookkeeper was still there when I left".

The experts believed it had a future. Do we know the airport was under no commitment to follow through with expansion plans? In any case, it's a moot point, since we know that DM had a few different motives, the MRO being one of them whether or not it was to be a success, all piling up together. jmo.

No, corporate entities are not legally committed to follow through with publicly announced plans, it’s similar to a vision to seek growth potential. In the case of Kitchener-Walerloo airport it seems they weren’t successful in attracting the air carriers that they’d hoped, something they have no control over.

Airport will have to get busier before expansion

What, if WM woke up, noticing the gun aimed at his face in very immediate vicinity, being scared hold the gun with his left hand on it's barrel and tried to prevent DM from shooting at his head. Within seconds DM cold-heartedly pressed the trigger. Then sometime DM manipulated WM's left thumb into a certain position, he thought would be suitable. What, if? Possible or not?

Perhaps but the pathologist testified it was likely WMs eye was closed at the time the gun was fired. I don’t know but if he was fighting off his son, I’d think both his eyes would’ve been wide open.

The crown will be done on Fri. this trial could be over in one or 2 weeks.
Finally we come to the end of hearing about DM. He will still have appeals but we will be done having to hear about him.
Learning all I have about him through 3 trials it is repulsive.
Now knowing more since the Tim Bosma trial I believe DM was the shooter in the Tim Bosma murder. I thought MS was but now changed my mind ,DM imo was the shooter.
He shot Tim Bosma in the head.
DM is a freak and can only hope that there are not anymore running around like him.
Every decade these freaks show up like Paul Bernardo.

With over 30 unsolved murders in Toronto alone, there are, sadly, plenty of murderers walking the streets.
I feel the same as yourself, he's a freak but there are plenty more.

With the Bernardo/Holmolka murders, I always thought she was the extra evil one. Bernardo was a rapist when he met her, then things escalated. IMO

Remember the fellow said that DM wasn't even listed on the corporate organizational chart? Can you imagine how put out poor DM must have felt when his dad was listening to his paid consultants instead of HIM? jmo.

"Adam Carter
Jun 12 2018 2:41 PM
Barnes says he was basically the second in command at MillardAir before he was let go. Dellen Millard wasn't on the company's organizational chart, Pillay says.""

Not sure why he said that. AC says this bbm:

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC
In this plan, there is an organizational chart. There's a section for vice president - and that vice-president is listed as Dellen Millard. #Millard

Hmmm that is a good point. If he was shot in his sleep and died instantly, when /how did he vomit?
Thinking back, did anyone other than the paramedic mention the vomit?

You know on those murder shows the pathologist always has the head of a person up on a block. I read it's so stomach fluids don't come out the orifices. So I'd say vomitous material is likely normal for a person not propped up. IMO

I assumed DM did it because DM Is left handed. BUT We haven’t heard if WM was left or right handed though.

I’d assume trying to fire a gun with your wrong hand would be like trying to cut paper with a left hand when your in fact right handed. It’s tuff!

I'm wondering if WM was ambidextrous. I'm left-handed for the most part but I can use my right hand for many things as well including writing, cutting with scissors and using knives when food prepping.

Not sure why he said that. AC says this bbm:

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC
In this plan, there is an organizational chart. There's a section for vice president - and that vice-president is listed as Dellen Millard. #Millard

There were 2 charts. One was a corporate chart as part of the business plan, presumably in support of the bank loan application and the other was the operational chart. The implication is that DM as a corporate officer was on the first but was not on the operational chart as he was not involved in the MRO operation. It was Pillay who first brought up the idea of DM not being on the chart and the Crown clarified this on re-exam. Not sure what point was being made though.

From article: Millard's credit card statement shows a charge to a Pizza Pizza in Oakville, Ont., on Nov. 29.

I wish the statement included the time! The charge was made on the 29th, so def. after midnight, meaning that if MM was right about ordering the pizza within 10 minutes of getting back to Smich's house, that they did walk over to the plaza closer to 1am (when DM got the taxi) than 9pm as she had previously said.
Then again, without a time attached to it, couldn't it be argued that the charge was from when they went to get food when they woke up, after DM slept over?! IIRC, MM did say they went to get food the next day (same date).
Maybe there is a time attached to the charge in the statement of facts but Adam Carter didn't include it in the article...

If I remember correctly, a Visa charge doesn't appear on the customer's statement until the business owner closes the batch, which is generally done at the end of the business day. So even if pizza was purchased before midnight, if the batch wasn't closed until 2:00 am, then it wouldn't appear on the Visa statement until Nov 29th.

Is there someone who can test this? It would be useful to know for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member