Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that my following statement/query will be met with anger, but here goes..
Is it at all possible that JH is not mentally capable of facing all that has transpired, since that 911 call on February 17th? Is there a shrink on the board here that could comment? (No offense meant by 'shrink')
I had a stepmom much like Gizmos mom..whew! I learned how to take care of myself very young. Learned to be tough, lived in Detroit, buried my brother to an overdose of heroin when I was 19.. I made his funeral arrangements, picked out and paid for everything..it took me three years. So, tough I happen to know. Or thought I did. In 2005, my husband of 24 years died. Not unexpectedly, cancer..When the undertaker removed my husband from our home, the wind went right out of my sails. I could not function, and it took me near to two years to quit being a fragile mess.

My point is, not to bore anyone, but to say something mental could be going on in JH. I would not have ever believed that possible, but now , based on my own experience, I think it's possible.

Just my thoughts today. (Denial?)
All thoughts and opinions should be welcome here and I personally am not angry at you in the least. We all bring our own story to this table and they inform our feelings in this case. I also had a trauma that took the heart from me and it took a year to even be able to drive, let alone work. I’m not a weak person but some things in this life are so sorrowful that to face the reality of them fully would destroy us. You could be correct and you have a right to examine it like anyone else here. IMO

My point is, not to bore anyone, but to say something mental could be going on in JH. I would not have ever believed that possible, but now , based on my own experience, I think it's possible.

MOO... JH is not all alone.
Jonathan clearly states on his facebook thanks to the group of supporters that have stood by him. He also has his mother seeking out ways to help him. If he feels like he cannot handle everything now,then take a break from social media, stay away from Nancy Grace, and lay low while waiting for Lucas' memorial. If he is going through a mental breakdown,then he needs to go and seek out help. Nothing wrong with going to a doctor or therapist.

No, no, no -- it's not making sense. The boy has no sense! Or he's just as self-centered as she was. DM was confident there were no guns in the house -- means either JH lied to him or JH brought it back to the house. Why would he do that? Lying because it's illegal is understandable, but if he really loved EG or cared about finding the answers or protecting MH's mother or whatever -- iow, if he had the true compassion he wants us to believe "I wasn't going to throw her out in the street"--why did he leave a gun there? If he & DM are so tight, "friends for life"? Why wouldn't he take his friend's advice? He's either full-blown idiot or as narcissistic as she was.
I think he was going to smash, no crash, if you know what I mean. Ugh. The more I hear out of him the nastier he is to me.
That was my exact thought after listening. Visiting with a friend, possibly drinking (or something else) -- he was supposedly distancing himself yet trying to get her to talk, and she led a PI to his son's body, but...she's good enough for something apparently. He was either staying there the whole time, or he wanted something. He went there for something he wanted.
Is it bad that I’m sitting here thinking is JH more upset over losing EG or his son? Sorry I went there.
I'm starting to see more and more that he & EG were peas in a pod. He could experience the joys of fatherhood without the day to day responsibilities, hang out with the men at work, and have a little lady eager to please when he came home. I'm starting to wonder if he cared about EG -- easily replaceable in his mind (imo) because look where he found her.

He's worried about what people think of him right now.

I don't know what he's going through. I think, though, that as much as I do sometimes care what other people think (and usually when I'm at most vulnerable), and I've never lost a child, I know what grief feels like--and during those times and many others that involve all my emotion and strength to go on, I couldn't care less what other people think because I'm just trying to get through it.

Just getting a local job and a tidy home will not bring MH back. He has a lot of work to do, and a fundraising account with available resources isn't going to impress anyone -- he has work to do. The Commodore might have a studio; I hear McDonald's is always hiring and offer flexible shifts (for all those classes, drug tests, & court dates. Consistency, dedication, responsibility is what they'll look for, not donations. It's time he learned what it's really like to be a parent--juggling the schedule and the income and the cost of daycare and using all your reserves when you just want to sleep to instead focus on being present for your child. He needs to grow up.

JO's words keep revisiting me today -- "I think she has something on him"

ETA: edited to remove all formal of unmentionable name after reading moderator sillybilly post :)

Last edited:
It's in a written article, not a podcast

[EXCLUSIVE] Heartbroken dad still living in same house where only son, Lucas Hernandez, was last seen alive

ETA I see the title of the article has been changed?

The quote about sharing the house with Emily is still there but moved down the page to a sub-header.

I think this picture of Lucas with his baby teeth is too precious! The picture is in the article.
JH on 3 suicide notes:

Doesn’t know where they were in the home, two of them; police hasn’t told him what was in them.

1 rolled up inside of her engagement ring for MH when older.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace by Crime Online on Apple Podcasts

JH on 3 suicide notes:

Doesn’t know where they were in the home, two of them; police hasn’t told him what was in them.

1 rolled up inside of her engagement ring for MH when older.

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace by Crime Online on Apple Podcasts

After this much time, why wouldn’t the police tell JH what was written inside the suicide notes?

MH is his daughter too. As her father, I would sure want to know what in the world EG wanted to tell my daughter when she was older. I think he has every right to know IF he is going to get her back and raise her.

On the other two notes, were they addressed to her other boys? Was there a note addressed to Jonathan? It is really cruel that she ruined his life by beating his son for years and lying to him on what happened to cause Lucas’s demise, yet knew where he was hidden for three months. But she couldn’t leave JH a note of some kind.

Wonder if........EG gave any facts that pointed to abuse by JH on Lucas or other information that is punishable to JH?

I'm sure that my following statement/query will be met with anger, but here goes..
Is it at all possible that JH is not mentally capable of facing all that has transpired, since that 911 call on February 17th? Is there a shrink on the board here that could comment? (No offense meant by 'shrink')
I had a stepmom much like Gizmos mom..whew! I learned how to take care of myself very young. Learned to be tough, lived in Detroit, buried my brother to an overdose of heroin when I was 19.. I made his funeral arrangements, picked out and paid for everything..it took me three years. So, tough I happen to know. Or thought I did. In 2005, my husband of 24 years died. Not unexpectedly, cancer..When the undertaker removed my husband from our home, the wind went right out of my sails. I could not function, and it took me near to two years to quit being a fragile mess.

Gizmo grew up near Flint on a farm. Isolated.

RSBM. I believe that, and I believe I would -- but to a certain point. Rehab? Ok. Counseling? Ok. Parenting classes? Ok. Always having my door open? That depends. Is it helping her or enabling her? To what cost will this generosity extend me? Will it damage relationships with other children or family members or anyone else in her path available to rob, pillage, manipulate, and abuse? I cannot judge her family for having a final straw.

I agree. With some it’s a bridge to far. I was looking at it one sided.

Brittni Thomason with KWCH is listening now and providing some information here: Brittni Thomason

So far...
Jonathan says he wasn't staying there, so Emily could stay there for as long as she needed to.

He says it's still up in the air whether Emily did anything other than hiding Lucas' body, until the autopsy comes back, so he wasn't just going to kick her out on the street. He says she had nowhere else to go, that her family felt betrayed by her and were upset after she led the PI to Lucas' body.

The link to the podcast should be posted here at noon: Crime Stories With Nancy Grace (podcast)

Was just going to post the EXACT SAME THING (barf with quote)

Ok, throwing out all logic here for this painting EG as a great mother figure

Let’s say Lucas did die unexpectedly and EG did panic. Let’s say her best thought was hide him, it was all a big misunderstanding :rolleyes:

EG STILL let JH and everyone else wait 3 months when she could have come clean the day of her false police report. 3 MONTHS! Everyone in Wichita was searching for HIS son but it’s ok, JH will just wait for COD and forgive her. o_O

He needs to never have custody of MH. Never.

That podcast was ridiculous. I don’t believe for one minute he wasn’t living with her still.

I really think this is plausible and have had similar thoughts to yours. He's seemed unusually detatched through this whole thing.

Last edited:
I'm curious if guests on NG get paid? Just wondering.

IIRC Leigh Egan posted on the last thread that guests were not paid.

At this point I don’t know what JH hopes to gain from doing additional podcasts. NG was a bit too sympathetic towards JH than in her initial podcasts. It didn’t sit well with me and appeared disingenuous. The juvenile judge seemed like she wanted to say so much more, but appeared to restrain herself.

Not too easy to hide that in your sock drawer is it.:rolleyes:

Not that I'm saying he did, it's just that DM somehow missed it.

I thought JH said she got it out of the top of a closet. I wonder if DM really searched the house like he said he did. It seems an odd thing to specifically mention.

I get the feeling that EG and JH’s belongings were left in the house. It seems like he took what he needed and stayed with others (maybe JO). Maybe he came back occasionally to pick up things.

JH sounded detached and overwhelmed by everything going on. I don’t think he was staying in contact with EG in the hopes that she would tell him more. I think he still loved her and was conflicted about his feelings. He knew he should hate her, but...???

I had a colonoscopy today and I thought that would be the most unpleasant thing I could do today, until I listened to the podcast. I need to clear my head before I post about my thoughts on this podcast. I think I need more anesthesia.

(Omgggg I just almost spit up my tea. There is nothing humorous at all about this situation, but this post, I've got to say, I am rolling on the floor!!)

Getting caught up, sorry if msm repost:

5-year-old Lucas Hernandez's dad tells Nancy Grace about the night Emily Glass died

"Jonathan Hernandez, in his latest interview with former prosecutor and legal commentator Nancy Grace, described the night he came home to the rental house he shared with Glass, Lucas and the couple's young daughter to find her shot to death. He told Grace the rifle that Wichita police have said publicly was at her feet was his AR-15 assault rifle. He kept the gun in a case in his closet at the home, 655 S. Edgemoor, he said in the interview."

Snip

"It asked that the ring be given to the couple's 1-year-old daughter when she was older, Jonathan Hernandez said he was told. He said he doesn't know what the other two said or where police found them."

Snip

""The way everything look, it looked like she had thought about it," Hernandez told Grace."

Attachments

• 060818Lucas_house_jg1.jpg
    060818Lucas_house_jg1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 30
This is such crap and I am beginning to wonder if he had a hand in Lucas' death after all. Lucas might not have died when he was home, but he could have abused him just before he left for work, and Lucas died after. Maybe he really did die in his sleep after all, due to injuries from abuse. He left marks on EG's son that were still visible in the morning.

Just my opinion, but I don't think he's innocent of any wrong doing. If anything, his protection of Emily makes me think that maybe she protected him (perhaps she was afraid of him) or they both abused him and were covering for each other.

Lucas never had a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member