Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never expressed my view on JH. For the first time that I can remember I cannot get a real grasp on where I think a person is coming from. I try to be more analytical than emotional, which is very hard at times. JH's contradictory statements (and actions) are so mind boggling, that I feel mentally, intuitively and emotionally frozen in forming a definitive opinion of him.

He is so complicated, so screwed up, so torn emotionally, so in denial, so guilty, so co-dependent, so defensive, so hiding secrets, so misplacing priorities, so dumb, so street smart, so grieving.

I have read all of our poster's different takes on him, and I find myself agreeing with polar opposite opinions of him. I believe that he loved Lucas, but I have no doubt that he failed him miserably.
BBM -- I think that's it right there. He has been conflicted in what he thinks and what he feels -- if he's not even sure himself, how can he communicate in a consistent manner and how can we make sense of it? But I doubt anyone could make sense of my ramblings if I were in his position -- the way I verbalize, I'd really have people scratching their heads or ready to burn me at the stake because of unintentional inconsistencies. On top of what I'd be experiencing emotionally, of course.

I think he was thinking "screw her", literally.
If this is the case, how on earth could you, um, have relations, with someone who dumped your son and may have possibly killed her? He admitted himself “kids don’t just die like that” (or something to the effect) so while he said he was waiting for the autopsy to come back, EG being responsible for Lucas’ death is still an “option” on the table...

Gah.

If this is the case, how on earth could you, um, have relations, with someone who dumped your son and may have possibly killed her? He admitted himself “kids don’t just die like that” (or something to the effect) so while he said he was waiting for the autopsy to come back, EG being responsible for Lucas’ death is still an “option” on the table...

Gah.
The fact that he had no problem sticking by EG is very telling to me. They just wanted all the drama about Lucas to just go away.

The fact that he had no problem sticking by EG is very telling to me. They just wanted all the drama about Lucas to just go away.
More and more I’m reminded of Jayden Lopez (“Little Jacob” /UID). There was a quote in that case which showed the couple raising him saw him as a burden (paraphrasing)...

I can see EG thinking this, but I’m not so sure if JH did too...sigh.

ETA: brainfart, disregard post in relation to your above quote, I misread your post. I see you meant the drama surrounding Lucas’ death, right?

Could he have had to much to drink and the Edgemoor house was closer?
Possibly -- but from the 24th when Lucas was found to the 8th when JH discovered Lucas, he had to have been around plenty of family & friends. Enough to have options. And there's always cabs and Uber. I think if we knew where he was coming from we'd have a better idea of his intent going to the house that night. I still think he went there with a purpose, whether it was to surprise her and see what she might be up to, confront her, or could be sex too as some have suggested.
The other thought I had was whether he was missing Lucas and wanted to sleep in his room/bed (if that was even an option) -- that pull could have overwhelmed his senses to stay away from EG. But if so, why wouldn't he say that in the interview? Maybe to avoid discussing emotion?

Yes, this goes along with my theory that Lucas could have been injured prior to JH leaving for work. She was able to explain her reason for the 'panic' and not call 911. I feel there is some reason JH believed EG panicked and didn't know what to do. IMO, there is some reason EG did not want Lucas to be examined.

I can’t help but wonder if maybe she explained away Lucas’ death as result of some illegal activity they were BOTH involved in. Maybe or maybe not.

No... because then he would have to act like a grown up and parent. :rolleyes: I have a feeling, in reality, JH has zero interest in raising children. If he did, he would have worked closer to home, wouldn't have left Lucas home with the witch, and etc; IMO Right now, JH is trying to put on a charade. Here is a question, who is going to pay for childcare if he gets MH back??? Because childcare is expensive, and who knows if he will be able to afford it.
I’m my experience, DCFS will give a stipend to him for MH child care. I have fostered some children who were reunited with their children here in Texas, anyway, the DCFS has contracted with multiple child care centers in the area and covers the amount completely so parent can work and afford to them feed their kids and pay bills etc
That said, crime victims assistance will pay to move him from his current home to another home including lease breaking, moving truck, deposit and new housing. So no real need for aside from maybe the expenses of missing work in general. **shrug**

I wonder if EG had been listed on the occupant's section of the dwelling part on the lease? There is 1 section for the person responsible for the lease, and another area to jot down other occupants of the dwelling. I doubt EG wasn't listed on the lease...

Unless not listing EG had given JH some kind of leverage over her. (Form of control) Like, "Hey, I will boot you out if you do this, this or this... " Or if JH and EG ever had broken up, it would have been easier to get rid of her.

I figured the same thing about occupants. As part of my job, I've reviewed a lot of lease/rental agreements from different places. I don't look at the legal stuff, but rather WHO is listed, and in what capacity. (I do background investigations). Generally there are the leaseholders, who are the ones who sign the agreement and are financially responsible for rent, damages, etc. Generally, landlords/companies require the additional occupants to be listed, usually by name for adults. Children can be listed by name or as unnamed minor children. She may or may not have been listed as an additional occupant.

We saw the look of defeat in the eyes of Jayden Alexander, how could JH not notice any changes in Lucas’ demeanor, etc?

I guess each case is different. Malik and Sherin were smiling in many photos, despite their injuries and abuse.

(As Willow Knight mentioned)

Last edited:
BBM -- I think that's it right there. He has been conflicted in what he thinks and what he feels -- if he's not even sure himself, how can he communicate in a consistent manner and how can we make sense of it? But I doubt anyone could make sense of my ramblings if I were in his position -- the way I verbalize, I'd really have people scratching their heads or ready to burn me at the stake because of unintentional inconsistencies. On top of what I'd be experiencing emotionally, of course.
I’m my experience, DCFS will give a stipend to him for MH child care. I have fostered some children who were reunited with their children here in Texas, anyway, the DCFS has contracted with multiple child care centers in the area and covers the amount completely so parent can work and afford to them feed their kids and pay bills etc
That said, crime victims assistance will pay to move him from his current home to another home including lease breaking, moving truck, deposit and new housing. So no real need for aside from maybe the expenses of missing work in general. **shrug**
But since the ‘crime’ hasn’t been determined yet, ie waiting on autopsy results, he may not be eligible at this point.?

ETA I’m not sure why that first post got included in my reply but it wasn’t my intent. Lots of glitches with this new format on my end.

Dis Lucas not tell also JH “Emily doesn’t like me anymore”? I’m thinking he might have...surely he said soooomething...

Sigh there is nothing that can be done now. It’s useless trying to analyze all this. Hopefully soooomething beautiful and bright will come out of all of this.

Did JH ever say if and when exactly it was told to him by EG that Lucas fallen ill? Has he ever commented re: Lucas being sick in the days preceding his disappearance?

The only occurrence I can remember is JH himself stating that Lucas was not well. From the NG Crime Stories dated June 4th, JH said He and EG both took Lucas to the doctor because he was vomiting for a few weeks. Lucas was given Zofran and JH said the prescription did not help Lucas or stop his vomiting.

Bouncing off your post, there is one more thing I would like to add. These two, EG and JH, have a history of domestic violence. EG has been known to be a real bad *advertiser censored* when she got into fights with JH, so then, why in hell would he put a gun within easy reach of her? He obviously didn't have a problem with arming her and did not have any concern that she would turn the weapon on him. She obviously did not fear that JH would harm her even after she led the PI straight to Lucas' body. IMO that means that he already knew what happened to Lucas and he most likely helped her find the location where he was disposed of. IMO, there were no surprises for JH to learn about Lucas.
I don't think I agree with that at all. There is nothing to say JH knew where LH was or had anything to do with it, and multiple interviews with LE, DM, and a lie detector test seem to corroborate that. I think in his grief, he's struggling to believe he allowed this to happen to LH, and he isn't thinking ahead at what else could happen (EG hurts him or herself with the gun). He's trying to get through the next 10 minutes, not focusing on the next days or weeks .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member