Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should alert crimestoppers, in case they overlooked it. Or Jubelin. Could be the missing piece of the puzzle.

Yes indeed, it could very well be a missing piece of the puzzle.

I do not believe police 'overlooked' having FGM's septic pumped, but rather, that it was a choice they made. They obviously felt the cameras were not good enough to view the inside of Spedding's septic, but yet cameras were sufficient for the septic on the property (and immediately surrounding properties) from which the poor boy actually went missing.

The same level of due diligence was not afforded to Square One. That is one of the first things I would have hoped they would do in a mysterious child disappearance like this.

I’m sure Jubes and SFR would appreciate the tip. After all, they have been doing a forensic search in terrible weather and dense bushland for nearly a month. Just think how much more time and manpower it would save if something they have overlooked is right under their noses in a well-maintained front garden.
If police intuition cannot see inside Spedding's septic tank without doing a full-out pump-out, then I don't imagine it can see inside the one at the site from where William went missing either, but of course, that is just my wish, that they would have done that at FGM's home, and possibly other nearby properties. It's not like there seems to be a shortage of money being spent to prove where he *didn't* go.

I’m sure Jubes and SFR would appreciate the tip. After all, they have been doing a forensic search in terrible weather and dense bushland for nearly a month. Just think how much more time and manpower it would save if something they have overlooked is right under their noses in a well-maintained front garden.
Yes, imagine?

I know. You might be onto something there Hb. Maybe she should be contacted in case she didn’t think of it. Could be case closed!
It seems there is some sarcasm being directed at me from a few members for the suggestion that the Benaroon property's septic should have been pumped for complete due diligence, however rather than sarcasm which isn't all that helpful, perhaps you might instead suggest why it shouldn't have been? Thank you.

Was re reading about the boundary scents. Came across this old article. The part about a man asking for directions at Bartar Creek stood out for me. Not sure if it’s been discussed before. Please ignore if it has

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...e/news-story/9a64aae508a274864409ab59679af808

Yes this mystery man seeking directions has been reported as having asked for directions to Benaroon Drive, and as having asked for directions to Batar Creek Road. It seems it was a red herring.

"Strike Force Rosann detectives are sifting through hundreds of pieces of information: possible sightings, bits of clothing, a man who asked at the general store for directions to Benaroon Drive. But nothing has proven credible.
""That's the baffling part of this case," Superintendent Fehon said. "There is simply nothing.""
Kendall in agony over mystery of a little boy lost

It seems there is some sarcasm being directed at me from a few members for the suggestion that the Benaroon property's septic should have been pumped for complete due diligence, however rather than sarcasm which isn't all that helpful, perhaps you might instead suggest why it shouldn't have been? Thank you.

Not too familiar with all the posts about the septic tank. I think they would have had considered it a priority at one stage - since he was 'missing' from there. Perhaps they determined somehow he wasn't there? By what means, i don't know, but we are not privy to so many things. I suspect there may have been some smell after some days had he been in it? :(

TAGG- Tells You What's Happening in the entertainment industry You will find the author of that article under the title contributors at the previous link. This is not MSM. IMO

IMO, the article doesn't read a bit less precise than anything else published MSM. After almost 4 years, it doesn't hurt to link such articles and to gather some information, just as vague as the MSM articles can be seen. Neither MSM nor Non-MSM are telling us anything definitive. MOO

Not too familiar with all the posts about the septic tank. I think they would have had considered it a priority at one stage - since he was 'missing' from there. Perhaps they determined somehow he wasn't there? By what means, i don't know, but we are not privy to so many things. I suspect there may have been some smell after some days had he been in it? :(
No, septic tanks are well sealed, otherwise properties with septics would smell all the time, and that is not the case. Even the immediate neighbours - if they had septic too, and depending on the type of lid, etc.. if he wandered only a little and into an immediate neighbour's yard, it is not inconceivable for small children to run and flip the lid, fall in, and the lid flip right back on, as if nothing ever happened.

A long time ago I posted an article about that exact thing happening, and in that particular case, if the child's dad had not happened to see it for himself, it never would have been suspected to have happened. But this is all old conversation (as is most of what of the conversation on this thread, it seems), it just still bothers me a lot to think that this simple thing wasn't done for William, but yet there seem to be enough resources to have a troop 50 strong, looking in brush for 4 weeks straight, with the expectation of finding nothing, apparently.

There was no sarcasm being directed at you in my reply to p&g. We were discussing the rain water tank at FGM’s former residence, not the septic tanks.@BigT has already posted a quote (from @Chloexx’s link) that states the septic tanks at the properties in Benaroon Drive were searched (twice):

This story also reports that:

EVERY one of the 21 houses in the exclusive estate around his grandmother’s house have been searched from top to bottom twice, including roof cavities and septic tanks.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...e/news-story/9a64aae508a274864409ab59679af808

Last edited:
There was no sarcasm being directed at you in my reply to p&g. We were discussing the grey water tank at FGM’s former residence, not the septic tank. @BigT has already posted a quote from a @Chloexx ‘s link that states the septic tanks at the properties in Benaroon Drive were searched (twice):

Yep, we in Australia know that our boys and girls in blue are very thorough. Especially under Jubes.

No, septic tanks are well sealed, otherwise properties with septics would smell all the time, and that is not the case. Even the immediate neighbours - if they had septic too, and depending on the type of lid, etc.. if he wandered only a little and into an immediate neighbour's yard, it is not inconceivable for small children to run and flip the lid, fall in, and the lid flip right back on, as if nothing ever happened.

A long time ago I posted an article about that exact thing happening, and in that particular case, if the child's dad had not happened to see it for himself, it never would have been suspected to have happened. But this is all old conversation (as is most of what of the conversation on this thread, it seems), it just still bothers me a lot to think that this simple thing wasn't done for William, but yet there seem to be enough resources to have a troop 50 strong, looking in brush for 4 weeks straight, with the expectation of finding nothing, apparently.

Sad case that can happen - lucky the father was there. In this instance, I mean, if they pulled the lid off, rather than the usual smell, there might be a distinct different smell. I know you have come across this prior case, but the septic lid here on our property would take a lot of weight to flip it's lid. Might be related to when they are built or something? Anyway, good point, perhaps they will take another look...? Anything to find him. Yes, lots of things are re-hashed here. Sometimes it's good - it's easy forget the the little details (guilty :)

Where is a picture of this septic tank ??

Last edited:
Yep, we in Australia know that our boys and girls in blue are very thorough. Especially under Jubes.

DCI Jubelin did not become involved until January 2015. Prior to that time opinion seemed to be William had wandered off. Initial searches just may have missed the stormwater tank. Septic tank were talked about in media nothing mentioned about other types of tanks.

Btw i dont think DCI Jubelin plans and directs searches they are planned and directed by others. The coroners office has been in the background for a long long time...long before current searches. Police do seek instructions from the coroner in such cases.

Category: | Herald Sun

Everyone of the 21 houses has been searched TWICE including roof cavaties and SEPTIC TANKS

I am not discussing septic tanks. They are normally below ground.

Someone may have looked at stormwater tank and not have realized such tanks have a hidden opening at the top that offers access. The said tank is quite tall therefore the opening may not have been observed.

Spiderman does like to put himself into awkward places.

End.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member