CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
God forbid anyone might have to contribute to funding the news or content content they're interested in using!

Subscriptions are — and always have been, even before there was a thing called the internet — how journalists and researchers get paid for their work, after all. It's what sustains the industry. It's as old as the publishing industry itself.

People hate click-baity headlines, and they hate click-dominated commerce. Sooooooooo, non-click-driven commerce requires things like subscriptions to fund itself, and then some folks complain about that, too.

It's not even close to driver and vehicle records. Besides, those public records databases are already supported with our money — our taxes.

Think about it.

Sometimes people have to pay for what they want to use.

Last edited:
God forbid anyone might have to contribute to funding the news or content content they're interested in using!

Subscriptions are — and always have been, even before there was a thing called the internet — how journalists and researchers get paid for their work, after all. It's what sustains the industry. It's as old as the publishing industry itself.

People hate click-baity headlines, and they hate click-dominated commerce. Sooooooooo, non-click-driven commerce requires things like subscriptions to fund itself, and then some folks complain about that, too.

It's not even close to driver and vehicle records. Besides, those public records databases are already supported with our money — our taxes.

Think about it.

Sometimes people have to pay for what they want to use.

Then why all the ads -that foots
Golden State Killer case ushers in new era of fourth-party consent
I can access the article without subscribing. I'm in USA. I think you're in UK? Maybe that is the problem?

(Maybe so)

the bill normally.

If I don't want to subscribe that's my choice.

Then why all the ads -that foots

(Maybe so)

the bill normally.

If I don't want to subscribe that's my choice.

Because web ads earn pennies compared to the cost of print ads, which earn dollars. So, huge media companies might be able to afford a free online model. Local news orgs generally can’t.

People still pay for and subscribe to local newspapers, that’s the model.

And they’ve always had ads and inserts. Want a Sunday paper? It’s, what, $3.50-$5 a copy? If someone wants digital content, they can subcribe, generally for less than the cost of a printed product.

Not knocking you, Shires. A lot of people feel the same way you do about it. I’m not knocking them, either.

I’m merely explaining how the business model works, and how it has for a long time. Not everyone likes it.

Ok thanks. Even if I did subscribe I probably wouldn't be allowed to read 'cos I'm in the EU (FTB anyway).

Anyway enough OT for now.

There was enough in the post to get the gist without subscribing I hope.

I've forgotten now so will have to reread. :-(

eta
Oh yep.. 4th party protocols-boring.

Last edited:
I had no problem opening it. I'm in the European Union zone.

These two big boxes from bookings.edu came up wanting me to subscribe. The x's in the corners to close them just wouldn't work so it was impossible for me to read it. It appears to be an educational blog, not MSM anyway.

Court tomorrow - July 12 at 1:35 PM:
Sacramento County Sheriff's Department
Inmate Name DEANGELO, JOSEPH JAMES
X-Reference Number X-46180
Next Court Date 7/12/2018 at 1:35 PM.
Court Department 61

‘Sister Survivors’ Meet in Citrus Heights Ahead of DeAngelo’s Next Court Appearance
UPDATED AT 07:04PM, JULY 9, 2018
[...]
Domingo and Carson-Sandler traveled across the country to join together in Citrus Heights. Later in the week, they'll finally see the man who terrorized their lives in court.

"I hope that they're gonna let us hold up this banner that says, 'Now we... have the power and the control,'" Carson-Sandler said.

All of the women say they will be in court on Thursday afternoon when DeAngelo faces a judge.

Court tomorrow - July 12 at 1:35 PM:
Sacramento County Sheriff's Department
Inmate Name DEANGELO, JOSEPH JAMES
X-Reference Number X-46180
Next Court Date 7/12/2018 at 1:35 PM.
Court Department 61

‘Sister Survivors’ Meet in Citrus Heights Ahead of DeAngelo’s Next Court Appearance
UPDATED AT 07:04PM, JULY 9, 2018
[...]
Domingo and Carson-Sandler traveled across the country to join together in Citrus Heights. Later in the week, they'll finally see the man who terrorized their lives in court.

"I hope that they're gonna let us hold up this banner that says, 'Now we... have the power and the control,'" Carson-Sandler said.

All of the women say they will be in court on Thursday afternoon when DeAngelo faces a judge.
They won’t let them hold up that banner in court. Innocent until proven guilty. They will get their day in court and have the final word but it’s going to take some time.

Tulare County Sheriff’s cold case detectives say former Exeter police officer is a suspect in the murder of Jennifer Armour of Visalia

Tulare County Sheriff’s cold case detectives say former Exeter police officer is a suspect in the murder of Jennifer Armour of Visalia

July 11, 2018

“There are five suspects on the active list of persons of interest in this case and DeAngelo is on that list,” Det. Dempsie said.
Jennifer’s family lived on Linwood Avenue south of Highway 198, a little outside of the Visalia Ransacker’s territory, but she was walking east toward the area where the peeping and burglary activity was concentrated.

“I am not aware of any break-ins or burglaries on Linwood, but you could consider it the far edge of where the crimes occurred,” Det. Dempsie said. …

There are arguments that the Armour murder does not fit the timeline in the VR’s progression from peeping to kidnapping and then murder. Det. Johnson is a former special agent with the FBI who studied under John Douglas, the founder of the FBI’s Criminal Profiling Program and the author of the book “Mindhunter.” Johnson said that killers often go through a progression beginning with a peeping phase, followed by phone calls, then a confrontation before assaults and killings, but he also concedes that serial killers are deeply disturbed individuals who can be more erratic than calculating at times due to emotional triggers and stressors.

“It’s never an exact science when it comes to the progression of a murderer,” Det. Johnson said."

con't

"13th Murder Charge

DeAngelo has already been charged with 12 GSK murders up and down the state and will soon be charged with a 13th. Sgt. Damon Maurice, public information officer for the Visalia Police Department, said in an interview last week that VPD submitted its criminal case against DeAngelo on May 30 for the murder of Claude Snelling. “The case is currently under review by the District Attorney’s Office,” Maurice said.

Stuart Anderson, spokesperson for the DA’s Office, confirmed VPD had begun submitting information on the case about a month ago and that there was “a lot to review.”

Anderson said Tim Ward has also been meeting with the other district attorneys in Sacramento, Ventura, Santa Barbara and Orange counties, all of which have filed murder charges against DeAngelo for the GSK murders. Anderson said they are still in discussions regarding jurisdictions for trial. The DAs may decide to have one county try DeAngelo for crimes in multiple counties.

Thursday, July 12th:
*Motions Hearing continues (@ 1:35pm PT) - CA - Katie (20) & Brian (21) Maggiore (Feb. 2, 1978 in Rancho Cordova) - Joseph James DeAngelo (72/32 @ time of crime) (East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer) - arrested (4/24/18) & formally charged (4/27/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder with special enhancements for burglary and rape; did not enter plea. Sacramento County. Relative's (Great-great-great grandfather’s) DNA from genealogy website (GEDMatch) cracked East Area Rapist case, DA's office says.
4/27/18 Update: charged in Ventura County of 2 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances for being a double homicide in the deaths of Charlene (33) & Lyman (43) Smith on 3/13/80 in Ventura.
5/10/18 Update: charged in Santa Barbara County of the 4 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances, where investigators believe he killed Dr. Robert Offerman (44) & Dr. Debra Alexandria Manning (35) in December 30, 1979 and Cheri Domingo (35) & Gregory Sanchez (27) in July 27, 1981, all in Goleta. Each carries a possible sentence of death or life in prison without parole.
5/11/18 Update: charged in Orange County with 4 counts of 1st degree murder with special circumstances. Patrice Harrington (28) & Keith Harrington (24) on 8/19/80 in Dana Point, Manuela Witthuhn (21) on 2/26/81 in Irvine & Janelle Lisa Cruz (18) on 5/4/86 in Irvine. Total 12 counts of 1st degree murder.
5/2/18: A motion hearing involving a sealed search warrant in the case.
5/4/18: Judge denies defense motion. Rules search warrant seeking photos & DNA of JJD will proceed.
5/14/18: DeAngelo's last hearing was on 5/29 for the judge to decide on various motions from the defense, including one to close coverage of the hearings to the media. DeAngelo's lawyers also are fighting to keep the arrest warrant and search warrant affidavits sealed, despite a motion from The Sacramento Bee and numerous other news organizations to release them. JJD might enter a plea at today’s (5/29) hearing.
5/29/18: Judge will decide on 5/31/18 regarding release of some documents.
5/29/18 Update: East Area rapist case will be continued to Thursday (5/31) afternoon @ 1:35pm. No decision yet on whether judge will unseal warrants. Judge expects to release some documents in East Area Rapist case by Friday, with redactions. JJD did not enter a plea on Wednesday 5/29.
5/31/18 Update: Lawyers in the East Area Rapist case. This hearing was closed to the public, held Judge’s chambers. Attorneys Thursday continued to hash out what information should be redacted from arrest and search warrants that a judge in Sacramento plans to release as early as Friday (6/1).
6/1/18: Hearing was closed to public. Another Motions hearing today, June 1st.

6/1/18 Update: The DNA evidence that authorities used to arrest Joseph James DeAngelo in the East Area Rapist case came from swabbing his car door in a public parking lot and later retrieving a used tissue from his trash can, newly released court documents show. Investigators had JJD under surveillance as a suspect. Details related to homicides could be unsealed, Judge Sweet said, adding that DeAngelo has been charged with the offenses and information is already in the public domain. But information related to sex crime allegations will remain under seal, Sweet ruled, agreeing with defense attorneys that "widespread public dissemination may result in inaccurate, inadmissible information." "The defendant is not charged" with sex crimes, Sweet said. Information about possible sex crimes, the judge said, would prejudice his right to a fair trial. The judge agreed that search warrant information regarding DeAngelo's alleged murder victims, including Brian and Katie Maggiore, who were killed in Rancho Cordova in 1978, can be released. They didn’t release any evidence found. But the judge said he was keeping sealed for now any information about what was seized from computers, cellphones, photo albums, cars or his home, saying that releasing that information would "create an overwhelming prejudice." Much of the nearly 200 pages of documents focus on attacks the East Area
Rapist made in the Sacramento area in the 1970s, and although many of those details have been publicly known for years, the judge had many redacted because they related to sex crimes for which DeAngelo has not been charged.
7/11/18 Update:
DeAngelo has already been charged with 12 GSK murders up and down the state and will soon be charged with a 13th. Sgt. Damon Maurice, public information officer for the Visalia Police Department, said in an interview last week that VPD submitted its criminal case against DeAngelo on May 30 for the murder of Claude Snelling. “The case is currently under review by the District Attorney’s Office,” Maurice said.
His mayhem touched 10 counties, and he was variously called the East Area Rapist, Original Nightstalker, Diamond Knot Killer and Visalia Ransacker before authorities discovered that the various strings of crimes appeared to be the work of a single man. responsible for 12 homicides, 45 rapes, and 120 home burglaries between 1974 and 1986, when his crimes appeared to mysteriously end. It's also believed the serial killer also possibly killed Claude Snelling (45) on 9/11/75 in Visalia, Tulare County. In 2001, DNA evidence linked the East Area Rapist and Original Nightstalker cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419