CO - Multiple injuries reported in Weld County school bus crash, 12 July 2018

Omg not again. Praying.

Would the bus have had seatbelts? It doesn’t look like it.

“The National Transportation Safety Board is recommending that all new school buses be equipped with shoulder and lap safety belts, however Colorado has no rule requiring that now.”

Colorado Parents Welcome School Bus Seat Belts Recommendation

Last edited:
Are these little children, young adults? Wondering if this is a college field trip or some kind of summer school program. I notice they are calling the passengers “people” rather than “children” in the article. And school is currently out in most states I assume. Maybe the media isn’t aware of the age group yet.

Last edited:
Are these little children, young adults? Wondering if this is a college field trip or some kind of summer school program. I notice they are calling the passengers “people” rather than “children” in the article. And school is currently out in most states I assume. Maybe the media isn’t aware of th age group yet.

My VPN just quit and I'm having trouble with it, so I can't check right now, but the earlier reports I saw (around the time I posted this) said the age range was unknown at the moment.

From the pics and video the bus is quite far from the road... must have been quite a hit... I just hope the injuries aren't severe, or worse. :(

School bus crash in Weld County leaves multiple injured

A bus carrying 35 high school students returning from a trip to Elitch Gardens crashed in Weld County on Thursday afternoon and injured several people, according to Greeley-Evans School District 6 spokesman Casey Pearson.

Colorado State Patrol said the school bus collided with a truck, causing the bus to roll and land on its side.

“We do have a couple of reports of some serious injuries and other minor injuries,” a spokesman for CSP said.

bbm

A bus carrying 35 high school students returning from a trip to Elitch Gardens crashed in Weld County on Thursday afternoon and injured several people, according to Greeley-Evans School District 6 spokesman Casey Pearson.

The crash happened northeast of Hudson near the intersection of County Roads 49 and 24.

Colorado State Patrol said the school bus collided with a truck, causing the bus to roll and land on its side.

“We do have a couple of reports of some serious injuries and other minor injuries,” a spokesman for CSP said.

He didn’t know whether the people injured were in the truck or on the bus.

School bus crash in Weld County leaves multiple injured

I really don’t understand why it isn’t law in every state that school buses must have seatbelts. It’s been mandatory here in Scotland since the 1990s.

It’s rollover crashes like this were seatbelts can make a real difference.

29 high school students from both Northridge High School and Greeley Central, four adult chaperons, a child belonging to one of the adults and the driver.

Peirson said the group was returning home from a field trip to Elitch Gardens when the crash occurred. Nineteen students were taken to the hospital. Their conditions are not known. The bus driver received the most serious injury, Pierson said.

19 students injured in school bus crash in Weld County near Hudson

A school bus was involved in a crash in Weld County on Thursday afternoon. The bus driver was seriously injured. Investigators with the Colorado State Patrol say the driver of the truck fell asleep before the crash.

According to investigators, the driver of the truck fell asleep while traveling southbound, crossed into oncoming traffic and sideswiped the school bus. The bus rolled one-and-a-quarter times.
State Troopers: Truck Driver Fell Asleep Before Crashing Into School Bus

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back