Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

I would like to ask a Moderator if there could be a separate thread for the subject of Elon Musk and the diver, etc.

Respectfully I would love to see this thread remain as it was - a thread of hope and love and joy when the boys were rescued.

Is it possible to have two separate threads?

Does anyone else feel the same way as I do about this?

I would like to ask a Moderator if there could be a separate thread for the subject of Elon Musk and the diver, etc.

Respectfully I would love to see this thread remain as it was - a thread of hope and love and joy when the boys were rescued.

That would be fine with me. I thought that as well as soon as it was brought up. I try to "scroll and roll" as they say but it is still distracting. Thanks!

I tried agreeing to disagree but somewhere that got lost. I tried not to respond to comments about OT subjects, but the bashing sucked me in. I admit I failed miserably.
Let me just say I’m so happy the boys are all safe, and doing well.
Peace out peeps.

Unfortunately it is dominating the press too. I can't find any new articles about the cave rescue that are not about Elon Musk :( Hopefully tomorrow it will all blow over and the press will move on. I want to hear about the recovery of the boys and the coach. I want to know if the stateless ones will be given citizenship and how this whole thing will impact Thailand and their government. I think many good things could happen in the future for Thailand, as people will want to visit the cave from all over the world now.

The Musk/Unsworth spat has been sensationalized and turned into click bait. I'm trying not to add to their revenue stream. Hopefully, it will move to another thread. I've seen several articles that are actually about the rescue. There were over 10,000 volunteers involved not just those two guys.

Several people have suggested this before, several others were against. I think a mod should decide. We have had spin off threads before on WS so it's certainly a possibility.

Unfortunately it is dominating the press too. I can't find any new articles about the cave rescue that are not about Elon Musk :( Hopefully tomorrow it will all blow over and the press will move on. I want to hear about the recovery of the boys and the coach. I want to know if the stateless ones will be given citizenship and how this whole thing will impact Thailand and their government. I think many good things could happen in the future for Thailand, as people will want to visit the cave from all over the world now.

Saw a headline yesterday that the Thai government is already talking with institutions and contractors etc to get the cave ready as a museum/tourist attraction for the next tourist season (coming winter, after the monsoon).

Probably posted before but great details on the actual rescue. bbm

'We don't know how it worked': the inside story of the Thai cave rescue

Inside the cave on Sunday morning, unaware of the dangers ahead, the boys were excited, says Changkwanyuen. “They were like, ‘oh wow, I’m going to go diving’,” he said.

However, the rescuers were wracked with anxiety. “There were way too many unknowns,” said Rasmussen.

Chanin Wiboonrungrueng, nicknamed Titan, 11, the youngest of the group was the focus of most concern. Rescuers sourced the smallest scuba mask they could find – but had to make it even smaller.

When Wiboonrungrueng started his journey out of the cave on Tuesday, they were still unsure whether the mask’s seal would hold. “We feared that it wouldn’t fit him properly. That was the biggest worry,” Rasmussen said.

The cave is now empty again, flooded and inaccessible. Divers will need to return in five months to collect their equipment.

Rasmussen said he would seek out two particular boulders that had bothered him. “I’m going to find them and spit on them,” he said. “They spent the week banging my toes and head.”

bbm/lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back