Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I remember correctly that her brother attempted to contact her to see if she needed the car that morning? If so, what was her response (if any?)
He didn't receive a response.

Could she have been planning on biking to work? That's the ONLY thing I can think of that wouldn't require transportation, and if that's the case it would obviously be known if her bike (whatever bike she'd be using) was still at the house, which would narrow down the disappearance timeline a lot.
It's way too far to bike. 15.5 miles seems excessive.

Until we know their reg communication relationship, i don’t find it overly suspicious that they weren’t texting or snapping non stop. They have been together almost three years, they may just be very independent during the work week?

I think Mollie told her brother the day before that so and so might bring her to work in the morning but if so and so couldn’t then she would need a ride. Brother knows who so and so is and I’m sure the police do too. Whoever this person is, he/she is surely being looked into.

RSBM. if she and her brother share the car, I could see it being as simple as him forgetting that she needed it that day, realizing it later and figuring that she probably grabbed a ride from someone else otherwise he would have heard from her but still calling to double-check. If I remember correctly, he tried calling but she did not answer.

regarding what she was wearing. I can see there being some confusion about the red shirt because she could have tossed it in a bag, left it at work, it could be at her house but parents missed it, etc.

it should be a little easier to figure out if she returned from the jog or not. If she did, her running clothes should be in a hamper, in a pile on the floor somewhere or wherever she put her dirty clothes when she stayed at her boyfriend's house. It's not like it is her own house where she is likely to have a lot more close to sort through, if that makes sense.

The lack of information on some of the little details (did she return from the run??) makes me think that the police know a heck of a lot more than what they are letting on.

BBM thank you. The scenario you described makes sense and I figured it was something like that. I was trying to clarify the bolded part--for example, to see if he had texted her rather than calling and she was like "nah it's cool, Chad from Grinnell is going to give me a ride".

I think the absence of the work shirt all but confirms that she DID return from the jog. If the sighting is correct, she was not wearing that shirt when she went out to run, and even if the sighting was incorrect, why would you go jogging in a shirt you were going to work in the morning, how nasty haha

(Also, to harp on the ride situation even further, people KNEW WHAT SHE WAS GOING TO WEAR when she went to work, but didn't know how she was getting there? I don't buy it)

And I also suspect the same as you as to the reason behind the lack of info. Hope we're right.

Until we know their reg communication relationship, i don’t find it overly suspicious that they weren’t texting or snapping non stop. They have been together almost three years, they may just be very independent during the work week?
IIRC, in one article the boyfriend's mom is quoted as saying that Mollie and the boyfriend were communicating back and forth on social media quite a bit on Wednesday. Mollie was trying to get him back to the top of her friends list or something like that.

RSBM. if she and her brother share the car, I could see it being as simple as him forgetting that she needed it that day, realizing it later and figuring that she probably grabbed a ride from someone else otherwise he would have heard from her but still calling to double-check. If I remember correctly, he tried calling but she did not answer.

regarding what she was wearing. I can see there being some confusion about the red shirt because she could have tossed it in a bag, left it at work, it could be at her house but parents missed it, etc.

it should be a little easier to figure out if she returned from the jog or not. If she did, her running clothes should be in a hamper, in a pile on the floor somewhere or wherever she put her dirty clothes when she stayed at her boyfriend's house. It's not like it is her own house where she is likely to have a lot more close to sort through, if that makes sense.

The lack of information on some of the little details (did she return from the run??) makes me think that the police know a heck of a lot more than what they are letting on.

IIRC She was last seen jogging at around 5:30PM according to witnesses (unidentified). The mother reported speaking to her about dinner later in the evening (last contact).

I don’t completely think it’s a sex trafficking case but we don’t know anything, the news reports have been reported inaccurately and obviously any scenario could be realistic at this point not having insider knowledge to investigation. I will say though that there are 20-30 million sex slaves in the world today and it’s definitely increasing every day especially in the rural Midwest and even larger cities. (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, etc.)

In the US, sex trafficking victims are:
1. Overwhelmingly black.
2. Overwhelmingly poor.
3. Work voluntarily as prostitutes.
4. Were lured into prostitution due to vulnerability as runaways, from families with heavy dysfunction, or due to drug/alcohol addiction and/or serious mental illness.

There is this myth of white slavery rings ala the movie "Taken". In the US, that's utter b.s., with the exception that some Eastern European women victims of human trafficking have been forced to prostitute themselves here.

I have not seen one single case of a missing, middle class American white woman or girl turn out to be a trafficking or "sex slavery" case (unless abducted by a predator and held by him for his own pleasure). Including Sherri Papini BTW. (No proof what she said happened actually happened. But it sure plays into the white slavery narrative pretty well!)

It's fiction. But it is a persistent fiction.

I don't know if Mollie took off, harmed herself, was killed by someone she knows, was randomly snatched and murdered or is being held somewhere or was taken by a stalker.

All of those are up in the air for me at this point.

But what I'm willing to place major bets on? Mollie was not abducted off the street by a shadowy network of sex traffickers who went to a tiny, Iowa town, and coincidentally happened to find a pretty white gal jogging, as they hunted in that tiny town, and were able to bodily grab her without anyone seeing or hearing and now have her chained, waiting to either sell her at some mysterious, fictional auction, to the highest priced bidder, or train her to provide sex to Johns in various locations.

She's not 14. She's not from a poor family. She isn't a runaway. There's not a hint of family dysfunction, sexual abuse, drug issues. Etc.

She doesn't fit the demographic.

We are all entitled to our opinions but based on the above, everything is up in the air for me except that.

BBM - I agree completely, there is no reasonable explanation that I can think of to bring a work shirt on a jog with her.
BBM2 - Agree again on this point. So, my question would be if she didn't use the shared car to get to work, what were other means? Would BF take her when he was home?
When exactly did her brother contact her? was it Wednesday night and Thursday morning? What time Thursday morning? Has this been reported anywhere?
BBM thank you. The scenario you described makes sense and I figured it was something like that. I was trying to clarify the bolded part--for example, to see if he had texted her rather than calling and she was like "nah it's cool, Chad from Grinnell is going to give me a ride".

I think the absence of the work shirt all but confirms that she DID return from the jog. If the sighting is correct, she was not wearing that shirt when she went out to run, and even if the sighting was incorrect, why would you go jogging in a shirt you were going to work in the morning, how nasty haha

(Also, to harp on the ride situation even further, people KNEW WHAT SHE WAS GOING TO WEAR when she went to work, but didn't know how she was getting there? I don't buy it)

And I also suspect the same as you as to the reason behind the lack of info. Hope we're right.

I think Mollie told her brother the day before that so and so might bring her to work in the morning but if so and so couldn’t then she would need a ride. Brother knows who so and so is and I’m sure the police do too. Whoever this person is, he/she is surely being looked into.
This is what I think too. Or the bf showed up late the night before and so she didnt think she would need a ride in the morning.

BBM - I agree completely, there is no reasonable explanation that I can think of to bring a work shirt on a jog with her.
BBM2 - Agree again on this point. So, my question would be if she didn't use the shared car to get to work, what were other means? Would BF take her when he was home?
When exactly did her brother contact her? was it Wednesday night and Thursday morning? What time Thursday morning? Has this been reported anywhere?
yes he texted her Thursday morning.

She like many people wear it all the time even asleep as it will track your sleep pattern

Ahh. I didn't know that. Thanks!

Interesting that her contacts were in the house and she can't see w/out them. Sure sounds like a morning abduction, but if that happened, someone would of had to know she was there alone. It was out in the middle of nowhere... and you just don't drive up to a house and abduct someone unless you know she's alone. Somebody had some inside information.
Mollie Tibbetts – Missing in Brooklyn Iowa – 7/18/18

Super good points. I mean what's the crime rate there? Is a tiny town like that subject to a lot of burglaries? I wouldn't think so.

I just looked back and on page 3 (I didn't catch the post# but 40 or 50 something) someone posted in a summary of known information that he tried to contact her Thursday morning, and didn't specify a time. I don't know off hand where that information came from though.

Yes, 7.30am Thu morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member