Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was laying out all of the details of Mollie's disappearance to my husband last night. The first question he asked is if a county fair was happening.

The fair ended yesterday.

Welcome to Poweshiek County Fairgrounds

I do not know where the fairgrounds are located in relation to where Mollie was staying.

I hope LE talked to all of the workers at the fair etc.

In a case full of profoundly strange circumstances, the strangest of all to me is that seemingly everybody knew that Mollie was expected to be at work early that morning, but somehow nobody seems to know how she was supposed to get there.

I was laying out all of the details of Mollie's disappearance to my husband last night. The first question he asked is if a county fair was happening.

The fair ended yesterday.

Welcome to Poweshiek County Fairgrounds

I do not know where the fairgrounds are located in relation to where Mollie was staying.

I hope LE talked to all of the workers at the fair etc.
Oh this is interesting. There was just a couple from KS killed by a carnie. Will look for the link brb...

Edit to add link to story Affidavit: Carnival worker shot, killed Wichita couple in Great Bend, drove bodies to Arkansas

Then the thing that really struck me is the wording that morning.

"noticed I texted her good morning"

Wait a minute. Someone would not have to notice that. He would have known he texted her good morning.
I think the wording is just confusing in his statement. I took it to mean that he noticed that she did not read the text, not that he noticed that he texted her. Surely he would have remembered that he texted her.

Great points. One thing- I put my glasses on after I dress and put on make up. It's the last thing I do before grabbing my keys. Or even after.

I have read she couldn't really see without them. If someone knew that, it would be easy for her to be taken and not recognize the person. Also, do you put contacts in after or before make up? I don't wear any so I am no sure.

Could you give us the Twitter link please?

Mollie Tibbetts (@Motibbs) | Twitter

I have read she couldn't really see without them. If someone knew that, it would be easy for her to be taken and not recognize the person. Also, do you put contacts in after or before make up? I don't wear any so I am no sure.

I put my contacts in before makeup so I can see what I’m doing. I also regularly fall asleep and wear my contacts for longer than I should without taking them out. I have friends that are much more strict about this, but many who just leave them in a lot.

In a case full of profoundly strange circumstances, the strangest of all to me is that seemingly everybody knew that Mollie was expected to be at work early that morning, but somehow nobody seems to know how she was supposed to get there.
I kept wondering about this too but then considered..
It could well be that maybe only her Mom and/or boyfriend (or whoever) knew.. and they are keeping it quiet to see if someone else might reveal this information somewhere. That could easily lead to a person of interest.

About her clothing: I keep seeing it reported that she may be wearing a sports bra, running shorts, and running shoes OR the red shirt. Since they keep reporting on both possible outfits, maybe they can’t confirm either are at the house. I have not seen it definiatively reported that she was missing in one or the other outfit. Normally just both or the report just mentions she was running.

I think the wording is just confusing in his statement. I took it to mean that he noticed that she did not read the text, not that he noticed that he texted her. Surely he would have remembered that he texted her.

Good point. I can see it that way too now that he was trying to get across that she had not replied.
Thank You It helps to get other opinions on things like this.

And I think some of the confusion is the fault of the reporter, who seems to have muddled the sequence...

No-No! NG is saying Mollie was jogging through the corn field in-between the rows of corn! No one is correcting her. She talked about a corn maze she was at with her twins, the place was closing and she was still inside. So she thinks

She has Phil Vetrano on as a guest. His daughter Karina was murdered while jogging in Queens, NY. (2016) She is discussing facts of this case with Phil.

New Video Shows Killed Jogger on Day She Went Missing

Last edited:
About her clothing: I keep seeing it reported that she may be wearing a sports bra, running shorts, and running shoes OR the red shirt. Since they keep reporting on both possible outfits, maybe they can’t confirm either are at the house. I have not seen it definiatively reported that she was missing in one or the other outfit. Normally just both or the report just mentions she was running.

Do you think she might have grabbed the shirt to put on over the running bra after she finished her run?

I have terrible vision so I don’t do anything without my contacts in. I put them in before I take a shower and definitely before applying makeup. Not everyone likely puts them in before showering but I imagine most women would before putting on eye makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74