Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought up the Iowa cousins merely because this is also Iowa. Where they were taken from isn't really very far from where she disappeared. I have no idea if there is any relationship but the location is interesting. What month were they taken? wasn't it 6 years ago?
I'm not thinking this is related (yet) but want to explore any connections.

They disappeared on Friday, July 13, 2012. We had a Friday, July 13 this year. o_O

Interesting they said they are disappointed. Makes me think they know a suspect.

Can you please link to this?

I wonder if any information was provided to LE on if Mollie normally wore headphones or earbuds during her runs. And if those are accounted for?

I think it was her boyfriend or a reporter that said her boyfriend said she wears an armband for her phone. That would lead me to believe she uses headphones/earbuds on her runs.

See the white edges of the wings that appear frayed? This is a vulture and not a hawk. If you live in Poweshiek County and you see one or many of these circling, go see what's below them.

View attachment 139820

Great point! And, I think that point needs to be stressed to the community there!

But the parking lot is full of employee and service vehicles so they would at least be around.
It looks like they have about two dozen employees, from the GM to the linemen. I expect that only a handful of office workers would be there most of the time, and they probably keep pretty busy. They wouldn't necessarily notice anything happening next door.

Hi all,

I've been lurking since Lyric and Elizabeth went missing, I think - the cousins from Evansdale, Iowa. I grew up in a neighboring suburb of Evansdale and currently live an hour from Brooklyn on I80.

I seem to recall them calling off the search for the cousins about a week into the investigation, since after a week of searching the area, wouldn't they have collected the evidence they're going to collect? My own cousin was involved in the search for Lyric and Elizabeth, and I am fairly certain they didn't search the area for longer than a week. When the FBI came in, they called off the public's searching and became very closed-lipped with the case. They didn't locate their bodies until December when the corn had died down and hunters found them. I hope that isn't what happens here. I truly don't think the cases are connected, though, from what I've read. One of the cousins' dads was due to appear in court for drugs the next day, so I'll always suspect that case was related to drugs. I personally don't think Mollie's is.

It scares me every time something like this happens so close to home, as a twenty-something-year-old female myself, who loves to go on walks and runs around my town. I was thinking about Mollie all weekend while I was visiting my hometown, the same area where Lyric and Elizabeth went missing from. The town that was once vibrant with children and young people out playing is now a ghost town basically; no one goes outside there anymore.

im kind of 50/50 on an abduction because usually there is a crime scene or struggle marks. Plus if she was taking out of her house, I dont see the phone coming with her.
The family stated they haven't been given information on whether or not there was a struggle.
The missing phone is an oddity, but if it was an addict or a burglar, a phone is very valuable, so they'd take it if they saw it.

Last edited:
I don't think something happened while jogging either, because of the red shirt. However, I don't rule out that someone could have seen her jogging and saw where she lived/stalked her and came back later.
That is always a possibility but again I go back to the phone. If she was abducted out of the house I dont see the phone going with her.

Regarding the text to her mom.
I/we had considered that perhaps Mollie didn't send that text. However, if a perp had replied to the mom's text wouldn't they have said, "no, I won't be able to make it" rather then OK?
For that reason, I do believe Mollie sent that text.
I thought I read that Mom texted Mollie at 7:30 and said dinner is ready. Mollie asked what they were having and Mom said brats, then Mollie replied OK. If that is the way it actually went (and who knows, because the reporting has been a mess), that makes me think it really was Mollie. I don't know if I see the perp asking what's for dinner.

I want this young woman to be safe, but I’m not thinking she is. My thoughts are that she disappeared while jogging, which explains the missing phone and Fitbit. Her boyfriend, if I’m understanding correctly opened that snap at around 10 but that may not have been when it was sent.

As for the glasses and contacts, she may have been wearing a new pair of lenses and just left old ones in a case...especially if she was wearing monthlies. (My opinion...not stated anywhere).

Right now LE is probably still waiting for data related to her phone pings. It sounds like the house she was dog sitting at was out of town, in a rural area. The corn here is crazy high...it must be that way there. :(

I’m afraid for her.

Why would she go jogging without her glasses or contacts? Weren't they found in the house? If Mollie wasn't wearing contacts or glasses when she left the house.... would this mean she had been sleeping prior to disappearing? I would like to know if her keys were found in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01