Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if she was doing classowk late on the 18th, she made it home from a 730ish Walk/jog
And gives her opportunity to have somebody at the door and she throws the red shirt on to answer it...that’s the most logical reason for me for the missing shirt and no sign of a scuffle inside. She could have even went on porch to talk to person...and it was probably somebody she knew.

So she could simply let the dogs out and she did not have to go outside herself.

I can’t speak about all dogs, but the ones I have seen are not eager to go out in the rain. So did she stand there or did she go get ready while the dogs were out?

Snipped a bit. I wonder if she left the front door open so the dogs could go out and come right back in while she got dressed? An open door and no vehicles nearby might be seen as an invitation to many unsavory characters.

"But, if she was taken from the house though, how could she have taken her phone with her? Am I just missing something? Would that person turn off her phone and take it with them? Sorry if these are ignorant questions."

I stick mine in my back pocket when I'm leaving the house or getting ready to leave so I don't forget it. I also keep it in my pocket if I'm listening to music on headphones/ear buds and moving around.

I wonder what the coworkers thought when she didn't come to work? Did any of them try to contact her? Did her boss try to contact her? I don't know, but it's possible the boss didn't. Just going from memory of when I was working, I didn't call anyone if they hadn't shown up for work. I sure didn't call their family looking for them. But I don't know what the policy was normally like at her work, or what was done that morning when Mollie failed to report to work.

Snipped for space- I would imagine it would depend on the employer, coworkers, or Mollie herself if anyone called. Since she seemed responsible and it was a field trip day, I'd imagine there were at least one call from a coworker, especially since someone called her boyfriend.

This new info tonight definitely gives me hope that maybe she just left town for a bit. Even rational and responsible people hit their limit and snap sometimes. If that is the case, maybe she didn’t expect things to escalate to this point and now she’s afraid to face the music. I hope that is it.

Mollie, if by some miracle you are reading this and are missing of your own free will... go home. Your family and friends love you. They want you, and this is completely fixable.

Snipped a bit. I wonder if she left the front door open so the dogs could go out and come right back in while she got dressed? An open door and no vehicles nearby might be seen as an invitation to many unsavory characters.

I stick mine in my back pocket when I'm leaving the house or getting ready to leave so I don't forget it. I also keep it in my pocket if I'm listening to music on headphones/ear buds and moving around.

Snipped for space- I would imagine it would depend on the employer, coworkers, or Mollie herself if anyone called. Since she seemed responsible and it was a field trip day, I'd imagine there were at least one call from a coworker, especially since someone called her boyfriend.
They probably tried calling her and when there was no answer, they called the boyfriend. I think

Welcome here!

I agree with you. If she was attacked in the home that totally reduces the possibility of random/stranger type attack.

I'm thinking someone knew she was there. Scary.

Thanks for the optimism and encouragement to keep hopeful and send prayers. Any positive energy can help I think.

At the least it helps those who love Mollie.

And we've seen that some people can come back. Alive.
I have 2 daughters so thank you for the book suggestion!

Just another quick thought (haven't spent any time thinking about what's wrong with the idea). Maybe everything went normally all night and morning until she was getting ready for work; she may have been ready to go except for her contacts when someone knocked on the door. Thinking her ride was there early, she just opened the door or told them to come in, but it wasn't her ride. Whether it was someone she knew who knew her schedule and that she was alone or just someone who saw her letting the dogs out and back in, and could maybe see through the windows that she was alone, it would most likely catch her off guard if he did anything (especially if there was a weapon involved). She couldn't really run away if he was between her and the door, and the dogs wouldn't be any help if he knew she had put them in the basement - either because he knew her and knew that was the routine or he had seen her do it through a window.

As a contact wearer of about 37 years, if my glasses and contacts were left at home then someone would be able to figure out if I had put in a new pair, or was not wearing any. My vision is awful and I'd never get up and move around without at least my glasses especially at night. Anyone close to her would likely know those habits and significance of those items based on her vision.

Her boyfriend mentioned in one of the early articles that it was her routine to go in the early evening before it got dark. It seems like night or early morning (as someone else mentioned) would be out of character.

I really don’t think she went out running on Thursday morning early due to the weather.

The weather would be good cover for an abduction though.
And who wants to wear the red shirt all day long after a sweaty run...yuck.

Well if she had a ride arranged I would assume she was sharing it with somebody else who worked in Grinnell or just outside it...somebody else didn’t make it to work that day either if that’s where this leads.

1. computer activity tells us she was in the house working on her computer late on Wednesday evening
2. no signs of forced entry or struggle tells us ... what exactly?
3. wallet & contacts/eyeglasses left in the house tells us ... what exactly?
4. dogs in the basement tells us ... what exactly?
Did the bf send a response to the snap chat he opened @10pm and not hear back? If so, why no response?
Also, mom said an agent called her to ask if Mollie was in a house at 9:45pm

Do you have a link about the shirt not being found?

MISSING WOMAN: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County
Mollie’s mother is quoted as saying:
“Possibly she went missing the next morning. She works for the day care and they were going to the fair Thursday and were all supposed to wear red shirts," said Laura. “And we can't find that red shirt Mollie was supposed to wear that morning anywhere."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2