Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

UPDATE - Police have sent searchers home for the day with no sign of missing 20 year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

UPDATE - At least 100 people are out looking for a missing 20 year-old woman in Poweshiek County.

Investigators now say Mollie Tibbetts was last seen dog sitting for at a friend's house late Wednesday night. When no one heard from her Thursday, they reported her missing.

Crews are out searching around the Brooklyn area for any sign of Tibbetts, At this point, investigators aren't sure if foul play is involved.

[...]

Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

Some recent updates and articles:

Reward Offered for Information About Mollie Tibbetts’ Disappearance

Authorities 'hopeful' missing University of Iowa student is 'still alive' as search enters 10th day

Family, co-workers fear for ‘bubbly, cheerful’ teen who vanished

'She's a fighter': Community continues its search for missing University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts

Brooklyn-based TIP Rural Electric Cooperative announced it will offer a $1,000 standing reward. That's in addition to the Crime Stoppers of Central Iowa's $1,000 standing reward that leads to finding Tibbetts or an arrest or conviction in the case.

That information will then be relayed to the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, which is leading the investigation.

$2,000 reward offered for information in Tibbetts case

Mollie Tibbetts search: Rural Iowa co-op offering reward for information about missing woman

New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

Last edited:
Continuing on the discussion of this article from the last thread: New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

In particular these quotes:
Family members told KCCI on Saturday that evidence shows she was doing homework on her computer late in the evening on July 18. Authorities declined to release a specific time, saying it could hinder the investigation.

It is unclear whether Tibbetts returned to the house after her jog, but the new information, family members said, opens up the possibility that she did.

One thing that I'm thinking is it's interesting that the Ames police twitter account posted and deleted that item that mentioned the 10pm and return home bits together. I thought it was inaccurate before but now I'm wondering if they had the right info but jumped the gun on releasing it...

Continuing on the discussion of this article from the last thread: Bear gets stuck inside truck, destroys interior

In particular these quotes:

One thing that I'm thinking is it's interesting that the Ames police twitter account posted and deleted that item that mentioned the 10pm and return home bits together. I thought it was inaccurate before but now I'm wondering if they had the right info but jumped the gun on releasing it...
le leaks most likely, fbi is in charge, it also makes me wonder about the clearing off people. If the fbi signed off on that, i guess evidence could change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa