Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pig farm is a bit of a distance from where she was staying. I’m curious what would bring someone into Brooklyn that isn’t from there. Visiting someone? Do they have many stores or businesses there? It seems more likely that someone would drive from Brooklyn out to the pig farm to dispose of a body than go from the area of the pig farm, into Brooklyn for a random girl, and then back home to dump the body. JMO though.

Brooklyn is kind of the center for the more rural townships like Guernsey - they all go to the same high school in Brooklyn (BGM) so it stands to reason there is a lot of traffic between these areas and a lot of people who know one another. JMO

JMO: I think something/someone had to lure Mollie out of the house late at night. Even if someone came to the front door and knocked, I wouldn't bring my cell phone with me. I would have set it down to open the door or left it where I was sitting/studying.

Also, if I am going somewhere, regardless of the time, I always bring at least 1-2 of the following items: keys/purse/wallet/$/phone/shoes. Sometimes just my wallet + keys if it's a quick errand like putting gas in the car or getting something to eat.

All of these items were left behind except her phone. So, my thoughts are.... what would Mollie be doing outside the house, late at night, with just her phone in her hand or pocket if someone didn't knock at the door? What or who could lure Mollie outside the house, late at night, where she would only bring her phone and nothing else?

I haven't posted in a long time, but this case is all over the news. It has caught my attention and I have been following it closely. I think that it was likely someone local and who was watching her. Perhaps someone she knew. I just don't see someone from out of town driving through this tiny town and doing this. But not impossible.

After reading this and other stories I can't fathom leaving my doors unlocked while sleeping even in a remote area like this. How in the world could you sleep restfully knowing that someone could walk right into your house and do whatever they want. Not even 50 years ago would I do this. Where I live you lock every door and window.

How do you explain this? In the 1960s 95% of homicides were solved. Today it's all most a 50/50 chance, even with all the new tools that LE have to solve crimes.

Murder Accountability Project: How many unsolved murders are there? It's greater than the population of Des Moines
There are a couple reasons for this. One is the increase in gang murders, which are notoriously difficult to solve (no snitching). Also the standards of charging someone are now much higher. Here's an NPR article for reference. Open Cases: Why One-Third Of Murders In America Go Unresolved

I was on that search today—I’m sure the details of it will be covered in the press conference tomorrow now that the news made it out there to Guernsey (we started at 8 am this morning by the way)...I’m not going to say anymore than that, just in case the investigators want the details kept quiet...

Thanks for helping the search. So they have active search teams working? Volunteers?

I respect your decision to remain quiet, yet I wonder what the point of your post is if it’s not to bait us......

There has been a lot of speculation here today as to the press conference and the search coinciding. My guess would be that Skagirl wanted to help clear that up. Thanks Skagirl! Seems you had a very long day....

I also struggle to understand not locking your doors. We live in a smaller city...about 25,000 in the city limits....but my neighborhood has no history of any crime at all. Yet I am always alert and watching slow cars and different people walking on our road. I guess its my history on WS that makes me suspicious.

I think it is safe to say that at some point Mollie was very near that area....
Possibly. Or so lE thinks or they got a tip...hard to tell.

In Lucas’ case we saw searchers return to the same location more than once. (Chisholm Creek Park). He was just north of the here, iirc. We found out later the returned searches at CP were based on a tip, right?

We also remember on A and L’s case the return to search RL’s property (another can of worms)...so maybe just covering their bases idk...sounds like they’re hitting on that area for a reason.

Last edited:
To grab them -- against the suspect's will -- LE must have an arrest warrant, and to get that, LE must have prepared a Probable Cause document presenting the reasons for the arrest. Then it has to be approved by a Court official. Then they can take him/her. This process (P/C doc, approval, arrest doc) can be done very quickly, however. Same process with a Search Warrant.

Actually no arrest warrant is needed, and if they believe a victim is inside, they don't even need a search warrant. Example: Ariel Castro. They never got an arrest warrant for him, they just arrested him. They never got a search warrant either, they just busted down his front door. At least initially. Maybe they got a search warrant, but that was after they busted down his door. Oh and they also arrested his two brothers without even any probable cause.

I haven't posted in a long time, but this case is all over the news. It has caught my attention and I have been following it closely. I think that it was likely someone local and who was watching her. Perhaps someone she knew. I just don't seem anymore from out of town driving through this tiny town and doing this. But not impossible.

After reading this and other stories I can't fathom leaving my door unlocked while sleeping even in a remote area like this. How in the world could you sleep restfully knowing that someone could walk right into your house and do whatever they want. Not even 50 years ago would I do this. Where I live you lock every door and window.
I've been a member of here for a decade... yet most of my windows don't lock, and two doors are never locked here.... now I do have large dogs, but I'm almost half a century old, and haven't had a break in, haven't disappeared, etc. Even though it might not be the norm for some areas, in others, it's just the way it is. Until I got a new vehicle last year, I didn't lock the doors on it either. I'm surrounded by farms. There's a gas station near me, but it's very rural. The majority of the time I do have a loaded firearm near me or on me though.

JMO: I think something/someone had to lure Mollie out of the house late at night. Even if someone came to the front door and knocked, I wouldn't bring my cell phone with me. I would have set it down to open the door or left it where I was sitting/studying.

Also, if I am going somewhere, regardless of the time, I always bring at least 1-2 of the following items: keys/purse/wallet/$/phone/shoes. Sometimes just my wallet + keys if it's a quick errand like putting gas in the car or getting something to eat.

All of these items were left behind except her phone. So, my thoughts are.... what would Mollie be doing outside the house, late at night, with just her phone in her hand or pocket if someone didn't knock at the door? What or who could lure Mollie outside the house, late at night, where she would only bring her phone and nothing else?

See, I still feel something happened that morning. I think she could have been getting ready for work, whoever was to be her ride showed up, she let them in to finish getting ready/put her contacts in, and then something happened. The dogs would have been in the basement because she just had a few things left before she was out the door for work, so she put them away.

Actually no arrest warrant is needed, and if they believe a victim is inside, they don't even need a search warrant. Example: Ariel Castro. They never got an arrest warrant for him, they just arrested him. They never got a search warrent, they just busted down his front door. At least initially. Maybe they got a search warrant, but that was after they busted down his door.
True. Exigent circumstances allow for this (If LE is in fear of someone losing their life, evidence being destroyed etc.).

She seems to be a long time quality poster, but saying "i was on the search, but I can't say anything else" is kind of the definition of baiting. The post itself doesn't actually accomplish anything and it's a weird thing to post if you can't say anything. Unfortunately in cases like these there's always a bunch of baiting posts.

Her post did let us know that they started searching as early as 8am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley