Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: all the talk about the stalking farmer, Dalton or anyone else appearing "off" during interviews

I would say don't put too much stock in any of that. People react differently during times of crisis, especially if they have a news camera thrust in their face. You also have to remember this is a very small town where locals aren't used to this type of attention and aren't great public speakers to begin with so to our eyes, most will appear strange/off/shifty/etc.

Really means nothing in the grand scheme of things and shouldn't be used as any means of deciphering guilt or innocence imo.

Hmmmm. If I knew someone had two prior stalkings, I'd take a real hard look at them. I'm not saying he is guilty, I'm stating his movements since the time Mollie was missing should be looked at closely.

Truck stop close, yes, but someone would have notice a semi cab without its trailer? Perhaps a random car off if I-80 was scouting the area but what are the chances they would come across someone in such a small town at that time of the night?

I think it would be even more noticeable. Cab with a trailer = normal trucker doing trucking stuff, cab without a trailer = odd.

Hmmmm. If I knew someone had two prior stalkings, I'd take a real hard look at them. I'm not saying he is guilty, I'm stating his movements since the time Mollie was missing should be looked at closely.

Yes they should and our only real choice here is to trust that LE has done this. All I'm saying is we shouldn't judge the guy's guilt or innocence in the MT case based on how he sounds during an impromptu TV interview. Just like with DJ in the early stages of this investigation - once they said he wasn't a suspect I took it as the word and they'd investigated him fully. Same thing with WE, if LE doesn't think he's a suspect than I trust they've done their homework.

That's for sure. I feel bad for the guy. unless we find out later he's guilty.

Yeah I dont know what to make of him yet. If he was the real perp then I dont think he would have stayed out with the TV guy. I got a sense he is not involved but I have no idea really.

My leading theory right now is that the perp kept driving and was tossing stuff out the window but he kept on going. I hope LE keeps searching down that road but keep going much further. I have a feeling more evidence like the phone and Fitbit will be much further down the road. I think the perp shut the phone off while she and the phone was still in the car and it did a last "handshake" with the tower right at that time. But I dont think he threw it out window right there. I think it will end up being a couple more miles down the road.

Just guessing right now.

You got it. Vanessa Marcotte.

I followed Vanessa's case. She seemed like a wonderful person. I hope the murderer rots in hell.

Have not been able to keep up with the fast moving threads today - darn work.
I hope that Mollie is found soon and hopefully alive.

Occam's razor (also Ockham's razor or Ocham's razor; Latin: lex parsimoniae "law of parsimony") is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the right one. When presented with competing hypotheses to solve a problem, one should select the solution with the fewest assumptions.

I respect your opinion. You feel Mollie disappeared herself, took a break from life. You apply the OR theory, by saying "no evidence of a crime exists". However, you can't say that with any degree of certainty. LE has said over and over, that they will not share details of the investigation. Something bad happened to Mollie, further I don't feel she is alive. Hopefully we'll know the truth soon.

If you're right, I'll eat your hat, my hat, and both our shoes for dinner :)
No, I don’t feel that at all nor do I have an opinion. I want to know what the evidence tells me and thus far not a single piece of evidence suggests that a crime has occurred.

The point isn’t the act, it is the context. Yes a phone call can be equally as threatening as going to someone’s house in person. I was referring to the context of a pre existing relationship.

We agree to disagree. Phone calls can, and have been, extremely harrasing. Doesn't matter what the relationship was - or wasn't.

Yeah I dont know what to make of him yet. If he was the real perp then I dont think he would have stayed out with the TV guy. I got a sense he is not involved but I have no idea really.

My leading theory right now is that the perp kept driving and was tossing stuff out the window but he kept on going. I hope LE keeps searching down that road but keep going much further. I have a feeling more evidence like the phone and Fitbit will be much further down the road. I think the perp shut the phone off while she and the phone was still in the car and it did a last "handshake" with the tower right at that time. But I dont think he threw it out window right there. I think it will end up being a couple more miles down the road.

Just guessing right now.

I also feel he would do the interview to throw everyone off....

re: all the talk about the stalking farmer, Dalton or anyone else appearing "off" during interviews

I would say don't put too much stock in any of that. People react differently during times of crisis, especially if they have a news camera thrust in their face. You also have to remember this is a very small town where locals aren't used to this type of attention and aren't great public speakers to begin with so to our eyes, most will appear strange/off/shifty/etc.

Really means nothing in the grand scheme of things and shouldn't be used as any means of deciphering guilt or innocence imo.

Yeah, it's not so much his interview just his history of stalking and the fact since the day they said they started getting the electronics data back everything has been focused either on his property, or a half mile from his property. And the fact that they took his phone overnight is really odd, nobody else has said anything of the sort.

I followed Vanessa's case. She seemed like a wonderful person. I hope the murderer rots in hell.

Have not been able to keep up with the fast moving threads today - darn work.
I hope that Mollie is found soon and hopefully alive.
Yeah that was horrible. I’m just glad they got the guy. You haven’t missed much, we continue to speculate with the same information we had a week ago.

There has been speculation in earlier threads about a trucker passing through. I personally don't put much stock in that possibility though.
We don't know much of anything about workers from the Electric Co-op next door? Depending on the time, it might be possible one of them gave MT a ride or said they would drop her some place local? Also possible that since she has lived in town for many years that she might have known people that worked at the Co-op?

I'm trying to picture someone mowing a lawn out there.

Probably one of those large commercial type mowers that have the two handles and can pivot. Not your normal push mower i dont think. They use special mowers to mow the sides of roads if that is the area shirt was found. People usually work for the city when mowing sides of roads to keep brush down.

Not if she left voluntarily. I don't think she did, but an adult leaving is not a crime.

jmo
ITD, I agree with you that if she left voluntarily, it would not be evidence of a crime; I think that is why LE stressed that it was important for them to get to know Molly. I think they got to know her well enough that they concluded, like you and I have, that it is unlikely she has disappeared of her own volition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592