Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don’t feel that at all nor do I have an opinion. I want to know what the evidence tells me and thus far not a single piece of evidence suggests that a crime has occurred.
True. but several FBI agents have been investigating for days, along with other agencies. I'm assuming they have evidence which suggests a crime, even if we don't. But it is possible she left on her own, yes.

jmo

I stated several threads ago that it was too much work with my lousy typing to type he or she and him or her each time so I was just going to use he and him. I've said from the beginning that I was open to the idea of a female being responsible for whatever happened (even if it was just helping her disappear, which I don't think is the case.)

I just wonder, because I’d assume she has girlfriends. One could have been meeting up with her after her jog, maybe doing homework together, driving MT to work..

My other question is how lax/strict are gun laws in Iowa? Is it common for people to carry guns, concealed or otherwise?

Probably one of those large commercial type mowers that have the two handles and can pivot. Not your normal push mower i dont think. They use special mowers to mow the sides of roads if that is the area shirt was found. People usually work for the city when mowing sides of roads to keep brush down.
Around here they mow with tractors on the sides of roads.

Do we know what the ages are of the women WC stalked? Were they relatively young like in their 20s such as Mollie? Was it stalking former girlfriends or random women? I would be interested in finding that out. It's very weird that WC didn't want to at least appear more compliant with the interview. He was clearly aggravated and definitely comes off as socially awkward.
At least 34 years older than Mollie so not young.

True. but several FBI agents have been investigating for days, along with other agencies. I'm assuming they have evidence which suggests a crime, even if we don't. But it is possible she left on her own, yes.

jmo
It would make a heck of a lot more sense if there was evidence. But I doubt LE is going to add anything in the presser tomorrow. Can’t wait to hear what they had for dinner.

I also feel he would do the interview to throw everyone off....

Yeah its really 50/50 right now for me with him. I could see it going either way. It looked like they got him out of an afternoon nap or something. He wasnt very ready to talk thats for sure. Im surprised he said anything to them at all.

Hello all, I'm new. I've been following/lurking since thread 4, and this is my first and last case I'll follow. I dont know how you all can do it but I'm here for this one.

I think that LE think she is around because there is cause to believe more than one person is involved in her abduction. My opinion. Maybe even someone picked her up and passed her to someone else, which is why traficking was referenced by others not involved who are in the public eye in this case.

Maybe they found evidence but no sign of anything violent. Like they found they made her change clothes, fitbit transferred last bits info like heartbeat from the spot maybe the phone was left before it was out of range?

Also sort of odd, I swear I seen a news article a week before the WC interview, and this persons initials are JC, same last name talking about the initial searches same area.

Thats all for now. Please god let Mollie be safe!

I know this has been mentioned but it's possible she had an extra set of contacts. I sleep in mine but carry a spare anytime I'm leaving overnight. JMO.

M2C, yes, agreed, I think it's very possible she had multiple pairs. I had the monthly soft contacts, so I always had several pairs at any given time.

I feel like every day, my opinion on this case changes.

IF the red shirt turns out to be hers, I feel like she would have to have been wearing it when something happened to her. I just find that more believable than the perp knowing to grab it or finding it at the house and taking it. It is possible that even though she wears it to work, she also throws it on to just hang out at home or even slept in it since she would need to get up early the next morning. I know some people who sleep in their work/workout clothes so they can sleep in later the next morning and not get dressed. Now, we have no idea if it IS her shirt that was found, so this is all jmo and highly dependent.

I still have this feeling she left the house voluntarily. Between the dogs being in the basement and the claims of no sign of a struggle at the house/it not seeming like it was treated as the crime scene. What happened after that or why she left, I really have no idea. Could be she went somewhere with someone she thought she could trust/was well-known to her and then it turned bad. Honestly, before today I would have said almost 100% I believed it was someone she knew well; now today, I don't know that I'd rule out either a stranger or someone she knew of only peripherally but that had their sights set on her.

I just hope she is found.
Great point about BF's home not being treated as a crime scene. In such a small town, we would have heard if it was. Even if something occurred in the yard, they would have examined it extensively.

This fact - and the facts that the dogs were locked up - means she disappeared while she was away from the house. If the shirt turns out to be hers, then she likely disappeared after she got up for work, perhaps on her way to her mom's. I doubt she would go to work without her wallet unless she typically carried her DL and money in a pocket. And I've always suspected she has more than one pair of contacts and had them in when she disappeared.

This guy wasn’t making deliveries either, he just returned to the town where he made deliveries, on his off time. He was in his personal vehicle.

Your post reminded me that families in Brooklyn would have visitors staying with them in the summer. Their children perhaps, home for the summer - perhaps some of them went to school with Mollie before they left for university.

Regarding the red t-shirt that may have been found during the search today:

Mollie was apparently abducted at home, she was not wearing her glasses or contacts, the dogs were in the basement, she has her phone and is wearing a fitbit. Apparently her red shirt was not found at the house.

If she was at home and in bed when she was abducted, she may have put the dogs in the basement and put on her red shirt so she had something to wear. If she was abducted from the house, chances are this was a very calculated abduction.

Were police in the wildlife area because they received a tip about a red shirt, or were they there because a digital signature brought them to that location? If the cell phone led to that location and coincidentally the red t-shirt is found near the last digital signal, perhaps that is just a decoy to waste police time while they look in the wrong place. Maybe they should be looking 20 miles North.

When they took his phone for the night after the 2 hour of questioning

Could they have tracked his movements from that night?
Yes. By downloading the data from his phone they would be able to track his movements from that night. As long as he had his phone on of course.

Maybe she was being propositioned by a persistent coworker/acquaintance and was ultimately persuaded to hang out since her boyfriend was out of town. Many young men with questionable ethics can be aggressive when it comes to their pursuits, and sometimes ladies with otherwise sound morals and strong relationships can be temporarily sucked in by their charm and manipulation. With her phone being missing, as well as Facebook and other SM platforms now having those disappearing secret instant messages, it is feasible that this could have been the case and LE not able to retrieve that kind of data.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member