Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial concerns seem to be brought up when Mollie didn’t make it to work. How did she usually get to work? Did someone pick her up, did she have a car, or did she walk to work? I see some posts suggesting she might have walked to her mother’s house to get a car. Does her mother live close by the farmhouse where she was dog sititing? Thanks in advance.

Just finished watching the presser earlier today. Found it irritating and painful to watch. Purpose: limited, IMO. I did think the press asked some really good questions. They weren't given any answers (surprise), but at least they asked the right questions. MT's dad impressed me so much: what a strong and gracious man.

I need to ask: did anyone else want to hurl heavy objects at their screen when Ms. What's-Her-Face from the Iowa Missing and Endangered blah, blah, blah agency strode up to the podium and starting throwing out statistics and speaking in glittering generalities about Iowa's statewide missing persons data, or it just me?

I don't know why I had such a negative, visceral response to that presentation, aside from the fact that I was thinking to myself the whole time, "This pc is not about numbers and your useless state statistics. It is about one individual, Mollie Tibbetts, whose parents happen to be standing right behind you, lady." If I were one of her parents, it would have taken every ounce of energy in my body not to have lost it and screamed, "My daughter is not a statistic!"
Law enforcement specifically sent out a press release yesterday saying that there would be a person presenting that exact information at today's press conference. The very people that put together the press conference planned in advance to have that information provided. It isn't as if that person just happened to show up and started talking about statistics.

Watch Live: News conference regarding the Mollie Tibbets search

More than 30 powerful, still photo's at link above...

These are heart wrenching! All I could think of is a brokenhearted family thrust into the spotlight with scrutiny and exposure that no family deserves. What a sweet town - totally hometown America.

I so do agree Bestill!
The anguish on the young Mr. Jacks face is heart wrenching. His grief and fear show in his brow and the grimace of his jaw.
As Mollie's father speaks he is broken and reaching out I don't think I have ever witnessed such pain. So terribly awful.
These people are so strong and what a genuine love they have for Mollie. She is blessed and they need her back right now!

jmo

I do not think Mollie started out on foot Thursday morning without texting someone. It seems out of character for anyone under 30 imo.

If her running things were not found then I am not sure she was on the computer later at all. Unless it has been proven she sent the pic at 10pm. But then where are her dirty clothes? LE would have searched and since they have only given out “last seen wearing” and nothing else, they must feel certain she wore them when she disappeared
Yeah I agree. The evidence of her returning is what’s throwing a wrench into the very plausible scenario that she was abducted on her jog. As most people know, joggers are attacked and murdered quite frequently. But I have no reason to discount what we have previously heard, so I’m stuck.

How could Mollie vanish without a trace?
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
"It was reported that a red t-shirt linked to Mollie's job had been found, but her mom says her daughter owned two of those shirts and they are both in her room."

Wow, lots of info in the article! Addresses many of the things we’ve been wondering about.

Just one part, that answers how she usually got to work. She would drive herself:

She shares a Silver Pontiac G6 with Jake that she would usually use each morning for the 15-mile journey to her job at the Grinnell Regional Medical Center in Grinnell, Iowa.

But on the morning of July 19 she didn’t turn up at the family home and failed to reply when Jake texted to ask if she needed a ride.

Laura said her daughter's laptop and wallet, containing her driving license and debit card, as well as the newly acquired passport, have been located.

My theory today, because it changes daily, it that someone came by around 730 am to talk to the brothers about construction work. They sit in their idling truck out in the driveway waiting for a bro to come outside, because this is what guys in that area do. They don't come knock on the door unless they are coming for an actual visit. Especially early am.

Mollie goes out to tell them the bros aren't home and it all goes south from there.

Poke holes in my theory please so I can move on to my next one. :)

This isn't true at all. Telling somebody that they've been cleared and are not a person of interest is a very powerful tool used by PD with people who are actually still under investigation. It prevents people from clamming up, going into hiding, lawyering up and pleading the 5th.
I’m talking about doing it publicly, announcing it to the media and thus the world. I’m not talking about what they tell a potential suspect. I think I stated this pretty clearly.

Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
"It was reported that a red t-shirt linked to Mollie's job had been found, but her mom says her daughter owned two of those shirts and they are both in her room."
This article addresses just some of the questions I had. I wondered if MT had sent the snap at 10pm or if it had been opened at 10pm. If she didn't make it back to DJ's house then that would give a different flavor to all of this. Has there been any other MSM story the same things her mother claims in this article? And how trustworthy is the interview? I mean, did the mother really say these things in an interview.

Thank you for posting your thoughts. I’ve really been thinking about this all afternoon.

Just throwing this out there, getting my mind off pig farm basements, slurry ponds and such.

I am sure there are many here on WS who know about small town living, the little farming towns made up of nothing but big old families.

Who would be the one who wouldn’t hide the truth for the family’s sake...thinking about it...family loyalty runs deep. In families where businesses from farms to politics are past down from generation to generation.

Likely if you didn’t cover over the truth you may be run out of town. It’s not really a “conscious matter”, it’s a way of life. All small towns want to be known as a wholesome place to live.

I am not a big TV watcher but there must be some movie or series that define these dynamics I am trying to describe better than me.
I totally agree and that is why one of the few positives I see in this case so far is that it has FEDERAL officials as I sadly don't believe either local or state officials can crack the wall of small town Iowa. I hope I am correct in placing faith in FBI but when you delve into the connections of all these families over very long periods of time along with the interconnected business and land interests, I am not so sure the truth would ever be discovered and there would be no justice for the Tibbetts family.

I really do appreciate everyone's thoughts on this case. We're all doing the best we can despite having pretty much nothing to go on. I'm sure somewhere within all these messages and theories is the truth about what really happened to her. Keep up the great work fellow sleuthers!

Just finished watching the presser earlier today. Found it irritating and painful to watch. Purpose: limited, IMO. I did think the press asked some really good questions. They weren't given any answers (surprise), but at least they asked the right questions. MT's dad impressed me so much: what a strong and gracious man.

I need to ask: did anyone else want to hurl heavy objects at their screen when Ms. What's-Her-Face from the Iowa Missing and Endangered blah, blah, blah agency strode up to the podium and starting throwing out statistics and speaking in glittering generalities about Iowa's statewide missing persons data, or it just me?

I don't know why I had such a negative, visceral response to that presentation, aside from the fact that I was thinking to myself the whole time, "This pc is not about numbers and your useless state statistics. It is about one individual, Mollie Tibbetts, whose parents happen to be standing right behind you, lady." If I were one of her parents, it would have taken every ounce of energy in my body not to have lost it and screamed, "My daughter is not a statistic!"
If it helps alleviate your irritation at all, I don’t think the purpose of her speech was to derail from MT’s case in any way. I believe she was up there to help clarify numbers and help people to understand that the missing persons cases the internet has gone crazy with lately are truly unrelated. As she stated, a good majority are runaways. Honestly, I think they called her in to inform people, I think she had good intentions.

My theory today, because it changes daily, it that someone came by around 730 am to talk to the brothers about construction work. They sit in their idling truck out in the driveway waiting for a bro to come outside, because this is what guys in that area do. They don't come knock on the door unless they are coming for an actual visit. Especially early am.

Mollie goes out to tell them the bros aren't home and it all goes south from there.

Poke holes in my theory please so I can move on to my next one. :)

Pretty sure I read that Mollie was supposed to be at work (or at least have left for work) well before 7:30am. But that doesn't mean such a scenario couldn't have transpired at an earlier hour.

Mollie's boyfriend was 100 miles away, and Mollie's boyfriend's brother was also away, and both have been cleared, which to me means that they were confirmed to be many, many miles away at the time of her disappearance. Can we please move on???

I don't think this has been proven at all, nor is it allowed to be discussed on this forum.

I came out from lurking to mention a couple of points.

Someone earlier in this thread gave a great description of Snapchat and I just wanted to add a bit to that. I use SC some, and my teenagers use it constantly. I see them tap through their their snaps very quickly without paying much attention to them. They don’t study the photos or even look closely at the captions. They just tap right through. The snaps between friends are pretty redundant. My point is that I don’t think it is suspicious at all that he doesn’t recall much about it. Probably just the same “goodnight” snap she sent every night. He likely just tapped right through it.

Is it possible that she called for an Uber ride to work? Maybe she planned to walk to mom’s house to get the car that morning but decided to call Uber since it was raining. Does Uber even serve a town that small? If not Uber, I really think it could have been a friend, co-worker or neighbor who gave her a ride to work.

I just heard that the running clothes have not been found. Perhaps she came home, sent the snap, did some hw, and then decided to walk to mom’s house that night to get the car but never made it there.

I wouldn’t assume that she was without glasses or contacts. I wore disposable contacts for years and would sleep in them for days at a time while my old pair was still in the case. My husband wouldn’t have had any idea.

I feel very hopeful that she is alive based on the way her family and LE are acting. I don’t think they would be so methodical if they thought she was dead.

Lots of good information there. It’s interesting that the mother doesn’t think she returned home after her jog, because of the fact that Mollie was apparently online well into the night. If that wasn’t true, to include the Snapchat, then everything would make sense (her being abducted on her jog). Unfortunately, what we know, doesn’t jibe with her not returning to the house. It is curious though that her running clothes haven’t been recovered.

Thanks for linking that article, MG! You're right: it is chock full of useful info! From that article:

Mollie's mom told DailyMail.com that all the items and clothes she took on her run have never been located.

These include her Fitbit, a gold-colored iPhone 7s in a protective case, some white earbuds and an armband pouch she used to hold the handset while she ran.

Her dark colored running shorts, pink sports top and running shoes are also yet to be found despite extensive searches of Brooklyn and the surrounding county.

IF this information is true, then I'm squarely in the "disappeared while running or walking" camp vs. taken from the home.

This news is interesting. Mollie's mom first reported (wish I had a source) that the shirt was going to be handed out/available the day before the event/fair. Because of this, the mom looked for a shirt but didn't find one.
Am I dreaming? Does anyone else remember this version of the red shirt detail shortly after the case broke?

I do not think Mollie started out on foot Thursday morning without texting someone. It seems out of character for anyone under 30 imo.

If her running things were not found then I am not sure she was on the computer later at all. Unless it has been proven she sent the pic at 10pm. But then where are her dirty clothes? LE would have searched and since they have only given out “last seen wearing” and nothing else, they must feel certain she wore them when she disappeared. Unless of course some perp decided to gather up all of her dirty jogging stuff but then surely he would miss something, headphones, etc...
I agree. It’s really hard to speculate when there are certain details however that come forward. If the red shirt found is in fact Mollie’s how is this explained? Is she was truly logged onto her computer doing homework late in the evening on Wednesday, how is this explained. But then again the dogs in the basement and the wallet left at the house would make perfect sense! But you’re right, they only seem to mention the clothing she was last seen wearing and I haven’t found a site that says the clothes have been recovered. So we have more than one outfit missing????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus