Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the mom is making statements, do you think it could possibly interfere with the investigation? The LE is being tight lipped, and has only confirmed three things. Any other information has not been confirmed or denied. I can’t blame the family for talking, I would want to do everything possible to bring my baby home.

Then it likely would not have occurred at the home and more than likely have occurred while on her run. To me, that would be difficult to believe due to if a perp was coming in from out of town to talk to her and then did something to her in a heat of passion moment, it would more than likely have occurred in the home, which has been reported pretty much undisturbed. Likewise, if she and this person made plans to go somewhere, she would have almost certainly changed clothes and taken her wallet/ID.

JMO.

Not so hard to imagine if she willingly hopped into a vehicle with somebody she knew and trusted who showed up at the house once she returned from her jog. Everybody seems to be convinced that she absolutely had to remove he running clothes when she got home but for all we know she was out for a brisk walk on a cool evening and was planning to wear her jogging clothes until bed time.

• Calderwood said she does not believe her daughter returned to the home after her jog because the two dogs were found locked in the basement. 'If she slept at the house that night they would have been on the bed with her.'
  • Jack said: 'If someone was coming for Mollie, one of the dogs, the lab-pit mix which is the bigger of the two, would probably have done something about it.'
  • Investigators are believed to have found evidence Mollie had been using her MacBook Pro laptop on the evening of July 18. Calderwood said that a look at the internet history suggested Mollie had been working on a homework assignment for her Roman Civilization class.
  • Mollie's mom said that everything she took on her run, including her iPhone, FitBit, earbuds and an armband have not been located.
  • It was reported that Mollie's red t-shirt had been found, but her mom says Mollie owned two of them and they are both in her room. Mollie may have had a 3rd shirt which is missing, but her mom is unsure.
  • Her car, a wallet containing a driving license and debit card, and an unused passport, have all been located, according to her mother.
  • Laura Calderwood said Mollie ran for about 45 minutes every evening.
  • She left Dalton's home and was last seen by a neighbor, Nate Hopwood, who lives a few hundred yards away in West Pershing Drive.
  • Snap Inc. says the reason they often will not be able to retrieve Snap content is that they delete each snap from their servers once all recipients have viewed it.

Her car??

I get the impression the local news organisations and Iowa news are probably working with local law enforcement to some extent and are not publishing what they don’t want publicly known. A large international media organisation like the Daily Mail won’t be.

Perhaps this interview by Mollie's mother was not in agreement with Mr. Tibbetts who has stated previously he trusts in LE. I can see the stress and division that this interview might have created. This family has been so strong, eloquent, and united from day 1, very impressed by them. LE has kept a tight reign on everyone and for over 2 weeks we have not heard a peep which they didn't want released. This is a missing persons case, no one would wish to be the family.

jmo

Here is one map posted by Poppyflower. There are more. I just have to find them.

Poppyflower wrote: Can someone please tell me if the labels I gave these addresses worked?

addresses look correct

Mom gave a lot of basic info. Impossible to see how any of it could hurt investigation.

Someome mentioned how quietly and secretly LE worked on Lyric and Elizabeth case, then asked for help two years later...and still no arrests or known suspects. So that backfired.

DM may hire reporters on a one-story basis, i.e whoever can get the story. They are better on crime than most other topics.

Not so hard to imagine if she willingly hopped into a vehicle with somebody she knew and trusted who showed up at the house once she returned from her jog. Everybody seems to be convinced that she absolutely had to remove he running clothes when she got home but for all we know she was out for a brisk walk on a cool evening and was planning to wear her jogging clothes until bed time.

What if an acquaintance simply saw her walking or jogging and pulled his/her car over to talk to her? Maybe on way to see her at the house, or perhaps not.

That was a whoooole lot of info that the police have been quiet on, and that Mom spilled to the reporter. Maybe the family isn’t so sure that absolute silence is the way to go. I can say I am either.

When Lyric & Elizabeth went missing in Evansdale, I personally believe the local authorities did an excellent job of responding. When the FBI came on the scene everything went silent, citing the need to preserve investigation details. They continued to schedule press conferences, which sounded pretty similar to these, by the way. I believe it was two years later, iirc, when they decided to announce that they’d like

-sorry, site crashed in the middle of my post-

I believe it was two years later, iirc, when they decided to announce that they’d like people to call in if they’d seen a white van in the area that morning. Who would remember something like that, years later? People, including myself, were livid. Had they requested this SIMPLE bit of information sooner, they might have gotten a valid response. It also gave them impression that if they were asking for such a long shot so long after the fact, they might actually have absolute nothing else to go on. I really don’t want to believe they blew the whole investigation with their silence... and with that the family’s chance at having answers. I really don’t. I still hold out hope, all these years later.

All that I can say is, yay for Mollie’s mom.

Thanks for linking that article, MG! You're right: it is chock full of useful info! From that article:

Mollie's mom told DailyMail.com that all the items and clothes she took on her run have never been located.

These include her Fitbit, a gold-colored iPhone 7s in a protective case, some white earbuds and an armband pouch she used to hold the handset while she ran.

Her dark colored running shorts, pink sports top and running shoes are also yet to be found despite extensive searches of Brooklyn and the surrounding county.

IF this information is true, then I'm squarely in the "disappeared while running or walking" camp vs. taken from the home.

But how does that match with the claim that Mollie was doing homework late in the evening? Was the homework actually earlier in the evening before the run?

Could Mollie have got in from the run and sat down at the computer in the running clothes and still with the earbuds and other items? Might she have thought that if she was going to bed in a few hours she could wait for changing out of the running gear and getting showered until bedtime, but someone came to the door or walked through the door before she got a chance to get ready for bed?

True, but I would say that if a 20 year old female in sweaty workout clothes jumped into a car with someone before changing, then chances are said person is either A. a female or B. If male, one that is very close to her, like immediate family even. And I just don't think B is a possibility at all at the moment.

JMO.

Reactions: TRB
My guess is that they did this to document the site, gather evidence but most importantly to get to the laptop which they needed for the online forensic work that seems to be critical to this case.
I agree, it is also seems likely they would be testing for foreign DNA. It's still possible that an unknown person(s) entered the home.

Since this case broke, I felt it was a stranger abduction. A predator in the fields was watching her. But the confusion of timelines and where she was and what she was doing is hard to figure. I know LE is holding facts backs, and admitted the confusion for the public isn’t intentional, but that they can’t release all the information they have. Who got a Snapchat when, who texted who, what was happening with the computer, the red shirt in a field... She seems liked an average college student who is missing, but there is more here than meets the eye.

I have believed she is being held alive!
My second suspicion was leaning toward a random stranger abduction. This case has been so unusual, something is very wrong and odd. To me it would be scariest and the most serious if it was a serial who left a signature for LE. That is also so very rare, but the responses in this case just have my imagination on overtime.
Try to stick with facts...jmo

• Calderwood said she does not believe her daughter returned to the home after her jog because the two dogs were found locked in the basement. 'If she slept at the house that night they would have been on the bed with her.'
  • Jack said: 'If someone was coming for Mollie, one of the dogs, the lab-pit mix which is the bigger of the two, would probably have done something about it.'
  • Investigators are believed to have found evidence Mollie had been using her MacBook Pro laptop on the evening of July 18. Calderwood said that a look at the internet history suggested Mollie had been working on a homework assignment for her Roman Civilization class.
  • Mollie's mom said that everything she took on her run, including her iPhone, FitBit, earbuds and an armband have not been located.
  • It was reported that Mollie's red t-shirt had been found, but her mom says Mollie owned two of them and they are both in her room. Mollie may have had a 3rd shirt which is missing, but her mom is unsure.
  • Her car, a wallet containing a driving license and debit card, and an unused passport, have all been located, according to her mother.
  • Laura Calderwood said Mollie ran for about 45 minutes every evening.
  • She left Dalton's home and was last seen by a neighbor, Nate Hopwood, who lives a few hundred yards away in West Pershing Drive.
  • Snap Inc. says the reason they often will not be able to retrieve Snap content is that they delete each snap from their servers once all recipients have viewed it.
This is a lot of strange information. Some of it contradicts what her mom has said before. I wonder how much of this is directly quoting Mollie’s mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ