Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker said he told Britt that investigators believed he had kidnapped and harmed Bobo, and disposed of her belongings. Walker said Britt told him "sounds like you have it all figured out" and that he would "plead to it."

I watched that trial. That was a sarcastic comment by the guy being interviewed by the (rogue) FBI guy who decided this guy did the crime and that was that. The guy did not confess to any crime nor did he say he harmed Bobo.

View attachment 141038

The reward for the safe return of a missing Iowa college student has ballooned to $260,000.

Crime Stoppers of Central Iowa said Sunday that relatives of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts believe she’s alive but has potentially been kidnapped. Spokesman Greg Willey says the family hopes the reward money will lead to her return.

The University of Iowa student went missing on July 18 from her small hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa.

$260,000 Reward Offered for Return of Missing University of Iowa Student

The reward in Mollie’s case has reached $260,000 dollars if you know something please say something. Please call the tip line 1-800-452-1111 or 515-223-1400.

Also from the article: He says the organization has shared more than 200 anonymous tips with law enforcement since Monday.

I have a question... We've all seen that WC had his home searched, along with the assertion that it was voluntary and without a warrant... But, I've also read that he no longer owns the property, that he sold out years ago... So, the property that was searched, is it his, or did the actual owner of the property grant LE the okay to search it without a warrant..?
I believe he lives in a trailer on or adjacent to the property.

Correct, but until LE establishes that it would be bad logic to assume it therefore must be an abduction.

The other choice (assume she's missing because she wants to be) would not be a wise choice. Her family and friends would have known something was wrong and conveyed that. It turns out there is something wrong and she is not just a runaway. Time is of the essence and you can't get back elapsed time. Whether it's a crime or an accident and the person is laying injured somewhere, resources are needed to find and assist. However, this is not the case of a person being injured on a jog as they would have found her by now.

Yeah, I'm googling now the map I ran across a few years back. I think it was purported to do with truckers along that route.

I think that suspected SK was working in California/Nevada, pretty far from Iowa, and considering the relative closeness may have been short haul rather than long haul. But then people move all the time.

Where did people get and why do people still have the idea that they did not search the corn fields nearby row by row?

Source: Fitbit data scanned for missing US jogger

Source: Search for Missing Iowa Woman Mollie Tibbetts Expands to Cornfields

Source: How does law enforcement handle missing persons cases?

Source: New clues sought as search continues for UI student in Poweshiek County

Source: Search continues for missing University of Iowa student

There's also a photo in this article: Iowa co-op offers $1,000 reward for information about missing Mollie Tibbetts | Daily Mail Online

Obviously they haven't searched every single row of corn or even every single field, nor have they been able to see every single area due to the problems mentioned in the articles, but they HAVE searched extensively and they continue to search.
When they had hundreds of volunteers it was before the FBI was involved, before WC and before the pig farms.

So when they limited it to just LE, did they then search corn fields row by rrow and how many fields?

I think that suspected SK was working in California/Nevada, pretty far from Iowa, and considering the relative closeness may have been short haul rather than long haul. But then people move all the time.
Yeah, it was a map of all the cases along the I-80 corridor I'm interested in, to see if there's a recent cluster in the heartland. Thanks

"the connection between him & somebody close to MT" hits a point that I've discovered but can not discuss here. This connection could also explain the substantial Federal Investigator presence IMO.
If you have a legitimate tip please contact LE immediately. If you are unclear, please ask a Moderator to help you figure out the next best step.

I would love to know what is making them think she was kidnapped.. I know anything is possible at this point but I wonder if there’s something they haven’t released yet that is pointing them in that direction.

With regard to the Who/What/When/Where/Why of MT's disappearance, IMO, LE sounds most confident with regard to the "When," i.e., verbalizing that they have constructed a solid timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other choice (assume she's missing because she wants to be) would not be a wise choice. Her family and friends would have known something was wrong and conveyed that. It turns out there is something wrong and she is not just a runaway. Time is of the essence and you can't get back elapsed time. Whether it's a crime or an accident and the person is laying injured somewhere, resources are needed to find and assist. However, this is not the case of a person being injured on a jog as they would have found her by now.
We’re three weeks into this investigation without a single piece of evidence that a crime has occurred. That perhaps a crime did not occur certainly remains a viable possibility.

Did anybody else notice the original $2k reward was for “arrest and conviction” and the reward fund now is called “bring Mollie home safe”? And mom openly admits they’re trying to pay for her safe return, even says that an abductor can claim the reward if she’s set free?

I’m beginning to wonder if mom knows she’s alive, maybe even missing by her own choice and not returning home because she doesn’t want to face the inevitable backlash.
I’ve been wondering the same. There have been things both parents have said in interviews that make me wonder. I don’t think LE would still be involved though if this was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacklakemermaid