Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t even have to be a car we are looking for.

Were there any wooded areas along her routes? Someone can easily jump out of the woods and drag her in, muting her screams. Thick trees will help block sound as well.

Cornfields still full of corn would have less sound block but same general effect—only takes a couple of seconds to completely disappear without a trace.

Again, to me, this just seems like the “female jogger” story that happens over and over and over again (sadly). There are always variations of the story, but it’s usually the same general crazy dude stranger out for blood and finds his target. That’s why they have a lot of self defense courses out there and situational awareness books for women, because it happens so much.

Not sure what all the comments are about chloroform or wanting to psychologically help an acquaintance in an emergency—very creative..... But when it comes down to it, this really seems like your “typical” female jogger wearing earbuds that unfortunately crosses paths with a psycho.

I think the dad is having wishful thinking...that or he has his own theory that he thinks he knows what happened, but I really think it’s just some random creep, truck driver, who knows, that saw an opportunity and took it. And IMHO, WC should continue to be watched with interest.

Was it a burglary, or vandalism. I thought it was just vandalism.
Those were two separate events. The burglary was on the same street that MT's boyfriend's house is located on. The vandalism was at a hardware store.
Burglary on West Des Moines Avenue on 7/16.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
A lawyer always appears in national cases like this and works for free to get the publicity. I’m shocked nobody has stepped up for WC...

Yeah but do they step up for possible murderers? I think the lawyers hang back a bit sometimes before volunteering for those jobs, so they know what they are getting into.

I’m sure a few have called him though. He probably declined for now.

Was it a burglary, or vandalism. I thought it was just vandalism.

The vandalism was at the hardware store. I was remembering (possibly mis-remembering, lol) a post that said there was also a burglary near the home, but I looked for it on the daily call logs and I don't see it. I will edit my post and thank you for inspiring me to double-check. Should have done that first.

Or maybe they got a lead that she being held and is alive? Oh how I wish that were the case.
I just don’t know what to think. I know what I’m leaning towards but don’t wanna accept it or think about it. Continued thoughts and prayers.

Cortne, Your profile picture is one of my favorites of Mickey-so much light.

When I started following this case I was holding out hope and all for believing she was alive. Now, after the last LE press conference and the previous weekends hours and hours of thorough searching that we know about, I am becoming more cynical.
If hopes and prayers could bring Mollie home...Lord, we are praying!

jmo

Exactly. And the family needs to be careful about selling that theory. Because it is what it is, whatever that is. The public and the media might lose interest and maybe turn on Mollie. Thinking she's just off somewhere "taking a break." I'm already seeing it. Which is really sad if she's passed on and a murderer needs to be taken off the streets. And Mollie still needs to be brought home.

Public interest can turn on a dime. Since so little information has been released there is the very real risk of the general public losing interest.

If someone abducted her, where would they take her?? I think it's someone who heard through the grapevine she would be alone that night. I hope they don't find her dead in a cornfield after they clear it.

Parents of missing children go through hell. Some that have gone through it reach out to other parents experiencing it. I know Sharon Rocha did it for a while. Samantha Runnion's mom Erin formed The Joyful Child foundation. Marc Klaas with his Klaas Kids. The Elizabeth Smart foundation advocates for these families.

I hope one of these groups is reaching out to Mollie's family to offer support. The agony these families face is unknown to others.

What is everyone thinking here?

Alive or not? and why?

Any particular reason they are thinking she is alive?

The vandalism was at the hardware store. I was remembering (possibly mis-remembering, lol) a post that said there was also a burglary near the home, but I looked for it on the daily call logs and I don't see it. I will edit my post and thank you for inspiring me to double-check. Should have done that first.
Burglary on West Des Moines on 7/16. Here it is:

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 15
From previous cases I have followed I know you can make chloroform at home

Saw a recent crime show about John Wayne Gacy. He used Chloroform a lot when he got young boys in his car in the passenger seat. I did not know that detail until seeing that show.

I agree it can be made in a kitchen and in Kasey Anthony's case lots of speculation she used it on her own child. Ugggg

I do agree with others that a gun is much simpler to force someone to go with them. Having a gun pointed at you has a tendency to make you comply.

It doesn’t even have to be a car we are looking for.

Were there any wooded areas along her routes? Someone can easily jump out of the woods and drag her in, muting her screams. Thick trees will help block sound as well.

Cornfields still full of corn would have less sound block but same general effect—only takes a couple of seconds to completely disappear without a trace.

Again, to me, this just seems like the “female jogger” story that happens over and over and over again (sadly). There are always variations of the story, but it’s usually the same general crazy dude stranger out for blood and finds his target. That’s why they have a lot of self defense courses out there and situational awareness books for women, because it happens so much.

Not sure what all the comments are about chloroform or wanting to psychologically help an acquaintance in an emergency—very creative..... But when it comes down to it, this really seems like your “typical” female jogger wearing earbuds that unfortunately crosses paths with a psycho.

I think the dad is having wishful thinking...that or he has his own theory that he thinks he knows what happened, but I really think it’s just some random creep, truck driver, who knows, that saw an opportunity and took it. And IMHO, WC should continue to be watched with interest.
Early on, I believe I read that Mollie jogged through town. I will look for a link.

you know, the speculation (by her dad and others) that she was taken by someone she knows who was maybe infatuated with her does kind of make sense given the date she went missing. If this person got wind of BJ suggesting to DJ that he propose while they were in the Dominican Republic, he could've panicked and thought in his own twisted way, I need to make her see that she should be with me and not him. It was two weeks until they were going to leave and DJ, BJ, and AH were all out of town so maybe he thought well now is my chance. Just throwing that out there and JMO of course.

My very first gut instinct to this case was suicide. So little evidence. The hardest people to find are those who don’t want to be found. I’m still not ruling it out. Yes, she seemed like a happy girl with a lot of exciting things going on in her life currently, but don’t we say that about a lot of people that take their own lives? Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009