Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the fact that Mollie is missing, is there any evidence that a crime has been committed?. I am not asking about this being out of character or what her family think, I am wondering about evidence
I have been unable to be here and may have missed evidence.

From previous cases I have followed I know you can make chloroform at home
I just have hard time thinking she was abducted. She could easily run into the weeds or cornfields if need be. There are two cases on here where joggers were shot randomly with a gun. I dont see mollie getting in a car just because a gun was pointed at her.

Given that we all have to answer to someone.....

With a tremendous amount of LE resources being expended in this case - and it almost being three weeks old - I would think that pressure from upper management of LE has to be intense for those working the case.

Thus - I therefore think IF an arrest, or significant progress isn't shown/proven to upper management - soon - the resources will be reduced very, very soon.

My very first gut instinct to this case was suicide. So little evidence. The hardest people to find are those who don’t want to be found. I’m still not ruling it out. Yes, she seemed like a happy girl with a lot of exciting things going on in her life currently, but don’t we say that about a lot of people that take their own lives? Just saying...

I would agree, except that she worked on her homework first. Honestly, if I were a student and I was going to commit suicide, I would have totally left the homework. That, and I wouldn’t have taken my fitbit or my phone.

I still don’t understand why LE are taking the chance of not finding Molly by not giving a solid timeline for the public to offer up leads. In other cases it helps solve cases. Why are they so close lipped with this particular case?

Missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' father says not too late for abductor to return her

Without victim blaming when I read the article and "hear" the tone the loved ones express, I question how they could respond in such a context. What are they thinking and how could they say that? They are going to make her "relive what they are going through". In their most loving & joking way they hold her some part responsible.

So, under what circumstances might this make any sense? They have insinuated that Mollie (unbeknownst to her) caused this. Was she a defiant girl who wanted to change the world? or... Was she a person who would play a practical joke? ... or was she involved with a dangerous humanitarian cause? or was she doing an undercover investigation for her school newspaper on the sex trade in Iowa?

The family and LE have insisted she is alive, but cant tell us why? why?

JMO

The sex trade thing is going around as a possibility and this is probably as out there as aliens or a cougar but what about the Dark Web? I'm sure the LE folks on here understand why I mention this as a possibility. Really sinister and evil things and people out there. I'm sure others have read and heard about things going on there. Stories about abductions of people crossing the wrong people on there, disturbing stuff allegedly on the Dark Web (Not just the Silk Road) Plus if I understand correctly one uses TOR or Onion to access it and by doing so it's allegedly untraceable?

Again, this is so out there I almost feel like an idiot mentioning the possibility. Probably a big nothing burger. Just reading your post though made me wonder for a quick second.

My very first gut instinct to this case was suicide. So little evidence. The hardest people to find are those who don’t want to be found. I’m still not ruling it out. Yes, she seemed like a happy girl with a lot of exciting things going on in her life currently, but don’t we say that about a lot of people that take their own lives? Just saying...

I don't think this is a suicide case for a long list of reasons, but if it is, I don't think not being found would be appealing to Mollie. There are suicidal people who don't want to be stopped, but not being found is an entirely different matter.

Other than the fact that Mollie is missing, is there any evidence that a crime has been committed?. I am not asking about this being out of character or what her family think, I am wondering about evidence
As far as the public knows, no. Does LE have evidence? who knows. Their press conferences have basically been 'we don't know, we can't answer that, etc.'

The sex trade thing is going around as a possibility and this is probably as out there as aliens or a cougar but what about the Dark Web? I'm sure the LE folks on here understand why I mention this as a possibility. Really sinister and evil things and people out there. I'm sure others have read and heard about things going on there. Stories about abductions of people crossing the wrong people on there, disturbing stuff allegedly on the Dark Web (Not just the Silk Road) Plus if I understand correctly one uses TOR or Onion to access it and by doing so it's allegedly untraceable?

Again, this is so out there I almost feel like an idiot mentioning the possibility. Probably a big nothing burger. Just reading your post though made me wonder for a quick second.

I’m sure the FBI has access to the Dark Web though and would already know by now if there was chatter about Mollie there....?

I keep going back to the LE pressers last week, and how the officer kept repeating Mollie's name, over and over throughout the PC. It was like he was speaking to someone directly, and saying her name to humanize her. I have read about this tactic when dealing with an abduction. It really seemed strange to me. Now her father speaks out. I can't see her father speaking out without the full backing of the LE involved in the investigation. I feel like he had a prepared statement, possibly written for him, by investigators. I don't feel her dad would make a statement on his own, for fear of jeopardizing the investigation . I'm starting to believe she is being held somewhere against her will, and the PC was directed at whoever has her.

JMO
If we go based on the lack of LE providing any confirmed information the answer is simply No.

If we go with some of the reports that maybe a red shirt of hers was found, then Maybe. It has never been confirmed that shirt was hers or not.

Thats it. That is why this case is so difficult. We have nothing official to go on.

Yeah but do they step up for possible murderers? I think the lawyers hang back a bit sometimes before volunteering for those jobs, so they know what they are getting into.

I’m sure a few have called him though. He probably declined for now.

Of course!! Defending a murderer who has made national news would be huge for any lawyer's career. I don't think the hog farmer was involved at all, just saying that if he was a lawyer would absolutely want to defend him.

LE should at least indicate on Friday that they need new tips, if that is where they are. This silence is helping no one, least of all Mollie, so far. I really don’t understand the secrecy in MO cases. Worry about convictions later...just find the person. The public has always been key in helping find people. I worry that a kind of inherited police behavior ((i.e secrecy) prevents that sometimes, more so with FBI. The refusal to give a timeline is ludicrous. Either a person has an alibi or they don’t. Most criminals take their phones everywhere, they are not geniuses.

What is everyone thinking here?

Alive or not? and why?

Any particular reason they are thinking she is alive?
Leaning toward alive. FBI has the father saying what he said- coming out of the father's mouth versus FBI's- imho to put the abductor slightly more at ease. I think the abductor could simply have been someone she waved at once, smiled at in passing. Or could be someone she knows from Uiowa, though I think a random student holding her this long is pretty unlikely. I guess ultimately for me this case feels so different how it's unfolded that I just don't think the FBI would have the father saying what he said without things strongly leaning in that direction.

What do you think, Jealoushe?

Missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts' father says not too late for abductor to return her

Without victim blaming when I read the article and "hear" the tone the loved ones express, I question how they could respond in such a context. What are they thinking and how could they say that? They are going to make her "relive what they are going through". In their most loving & joking way they hold her some part responsible.

So, under what circumstances might this make any sense? They have insinuated that Mollie (unbeknownst to her) caused this. Was she a defiant girl who wanted to change the world? or... Was she a person who would play a practical joke? ... or was she involved with a dangerous humanitarian cause? or was she doing an undercover investigation for her school newspaper on the sex trade in Iowa?

JMO

I read that more as a defiance against the abductor.

I think the family and friends feel she is alive because it's hope. I don't think LE necessarily thinks she's alive. But they aren't going to horrify the family until they can prove something either way.

I’m sure the FBI has access to the Dark Web though and would already know by now if there was chatter about Mollie there....?
I sure hope if so. But I think when it comes to that stuff you have to know the exact website to get to where you want to go? I'm not sure of the IT term for it but I said website. The proper address to get there or else you wont get to the site.

Or maybe they got a lead that she being held and is alive? Oh how I wish that were the case.
I just don’t know what to think. I know what I’m leaning towards but don’t wanna accept it or think about it. Continued thoughts and prayers.
Without speculating on what might have gone down, I think it’s likely that Mollie at this point is not captive at all but simply has a mess she can’t deal with. Father uses the word “they” and maybe he believes as I do that she’s with somebody and they’re now terrified of the backlash now that this has blown up.

JMO

Well if you look at the theory that they really think she is alive and are trying to subtly communicate to a person holding her, suggesting that Mollie “caused” this in some way could just be something else they are trying to communicate to her supposed captor. Suggesting that it wasn’t really their fault and they will understand that it was just a mistake, that Mollie, not the captor, was the real cause of the misunderstanding, etc. could just be a way to persuade someone holding her to let her go, let them think they are not to blame and so on.

All IMOO and I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member