Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with dogs in the basement and only items on her person that she usually had while jogging. I’m convinced she likely went out for another run later or it was dark by the time she returned from the first one. Too small of a town for no one to see anything before dark. I feel it was a sexual predator that had been seeing her around this summer or crime of opportunity. Maybe someone living at Holiday Lake that came to town for groceries a couple times a week. Either way, they very likely abducted, assaulted and killed her within a couple hours. Don’t know the stat, but overwhelming majority that is how it goes. Suicide makes zero sense, family member zero sense, runaway with someone zero sense. Still alive? Extremely doubtful

actually the stats are that it is RARE to be a stranger abduction, not the way you have it.

Also, if someone she knew came to pick her up for a drive, she would have locked the dogs up.

On any other day it wouldn’t have been the least bit unusual or concerning for Mollie to put the dogs away, walk out the door and get in the car with somebody she knows. That’s pretty much the life of a 20 year old small town girl with no car. She’s likely done that dozens of times this summer already. That’s the most likely way she would have gone out of the house on July 18 as well. With absolutely nothing to even suggest otherwise that’s exactly how any plausible scenario starts.

For what it’s worth, tossing in Occam’s Razor after you’ve already made improbable assumptions is not how it works.

Neighbors Fear Mollie Tibbetts Was Abducted By Sex Traffickers

Neighbors Fear Mollie Tibbetts Was Abducted By Sex Traffickers
I highly dislike this theory. Victims of sex trafficking usually fit a particular profile (runaways, homeless teens, drug users, sex workers, undocumented immigrants, etc). They are rarely college students, with no history of high risk behavior, who disappear while on a jog or are kidnapped from houses. This is incredibly unlikely, yet in a weird way would be almost desirable, as that would mean she is still living. I give this scenario about as much credence as her having been abducted by aliens.

actually the stats are that it is RARE to be a stranger abduction, not the way you have it.

Also, if someone she knew came to pick her up for a drive, she would have locked the dogs up.
Agreed. But if she was taken while running/on her way to her mother's house, the dogs would have likely been locked up. The fact that she was asking what was for dinner but then did not show up is a red flag to me that this happened while she was out of the house.

@buggiegirl Wait, what? The father has absolutely zero proof of foul play.
Those companies would set a legal precedent, if they simply hand over confidential information .

Which is why I was questioning why he'd ask them to put aside privacy concerns when she's an adult and he likely cannot give permission to release her data.

If she left on her own then she is a massive jerk for not contacting someone telling them she alive.

Also, everyone reading into her social media - she is a teen/young woman. What teen/young woman has not hated themselves, their body, their friends, wanted to run away etc. Sometimes just looking in the mirror was enough to kill your spirit - does not mean someone is depressed enough to commit suicide or do this horrible thing to their family.

Exactly. Give this young lady a break. Her FB is typical 20 year old stuff. Actually, very tame in comparison to most. She appears to be a delightful young woman.

@buggiegirl Wait, what? The father has absolutely zero proof of foul play.
Those companies would set a legal precedent, if they simply hand over confidential information .

This would be my concern. That it would take too long to subpoena, and if they were to drag their feet at all it would waste valuable time.

They can subpoena all that info and get it relatively quickly. Or you could give your passwords to someone, just in case.

Regarding sex trafficking... I feel like the second a woman is missing longer than a week people jump to sex trafficking. Why would traffickers be in rural Iowa picking up a woman over 18 with family, loved ones, and a busy life that is sure to be missed quickly? That makes no sense at all when they can grab a person with no connections in a much more vulnerable place.
From what I have seen, her social media (twitter, FB) was public - I'm not sure what else they are looking for other than private messages? I'm still thinking about that Snapchat he didn't open until 10 -10:30pm (the boyfriend)....

Off topic, but all that has happened with this case has made me wonder if there was some sort of legal form I could willingly sign and give to my personal lawyer that could waive whatever privacy issues might arise if I were ever missing. I would think a missing persons report would be a must, but I would want any social media sites and my cell phone provider to give any and all info to LE.
Any atty's out there on this one? Double check me but I think you could give a power of atty form to a trusted family member or atty to cover this issue and scenario specifically. My suggestion is to ask an atty that you trust.

Current Fox interview. Father indicates that she had no other relationships than her boyfriend. Dad does indicate he is speculating and hopeful.
e continued, "To that person, you're probably very afraid. This isn't probably a situation that you anticipated. You don't know how to extricate yourself from this but the best thing to do at this point is to put an end to it ... Do not escalate this and do not miss out one more day. Let Mollie go and turn yourself in."

The 20-year-old University of Iowa student vanished from the Brooklyn, Iowa neighborhood where she was staying on the night of July 18.

"There is a logical scenario where Mollie is still alive with someone and we can get her home," Tibbetts said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517