Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again with the black suv. It has been said repeatedly that this has been debunked
Can you clarify what exactly has been debunked? Maybe I've missed something. So the black SUV that tried to abduct a jogger in Miner Missouri the day before Mollie vanished is false? Or the black SUV reportedly cruising slowly through MT's town turned out not to be true?

Can you recall even one local case where a child or adult was abducted by a stranger?
I know of one adult from small town of pop. 12,000 abducted by stranger and murdered, another adult from town pop. maybe 2,000 also murdered and a child abducted from town pop. maybe 10,000 abducted and I don’t think she was ever found.

EDIT: Googled second town population and it only has 400 people and not 2,000. I wasn’t sure how much of the outlying country was included in the city limits and I guessed.

Last edited:
It has been reported that they have information from her cell phone and FitBit:

JULY 25: Authorities tell KCRG they have received information from Fitbit after filing a search warrant.
Authorities receive Fitbit information in Mollie Tibbetts investigation

JULY 26: Late Thursday, investigators said they had completed reconstructing their timeline of Mollie's run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses. Investigators turn to Fitbit data for clues about missing Iowa college student

They have obviously got her cell phone information. So what are they going to say? Yeah her cell phone last pinged down by the hog farm. We searched the area and interviewed a person of interest and came up with nothing. That would not help the investigation either.

Why is the FBI holding back so much information. The public could help if they knew alot of these facts. I don't understand this at all.

Because they don't agree with you at all that the public can help at this stage.

I know many people feel they know better than LE. I don't. The family is not critizing them at all. They are solidly behind their efforts and have praised the investigation.

I just don't feel I'm in a position to criticize professionals who are doing a job I have not been trained to do, without information indicating they're blowing it. (And a case not being solved yet is not an indication).

IMO it's like questioning a surgeon as they work, standing there, making suggestions and demanding they do things a certain way while they're operating, despite not ever having gone to medical school.

These are professionals. We are not.

If and when they need help from the public they will give us info.

Regarding the video we saw yesterday of Mollie acting silly: It was recorded at Grinnell College by a friend. I don't know if this was a day camp outing or if she was just there with her friend.

Mollie Tibbetts video shows her acting ‘totally normal’ the day before she vanished, friend says

"A video of Mollie Tibbetts taken the day before she disappeared shows the college student was in good spirits – and that she was her “normal, outgoing, happy self,” Tibbetts' friend tells Fox News.

The video was recorded July 17 and posted on Snapchat by Olivia Ritter, who described herself as Mollie’s co-worker and friend. Tibbetts, the 20-year-old University of Iowa sophomore, was last seen jogging in the Brooklyn, Iowa area the next day.

In the video, Tibbetts, wearing a tie-dye shirt, is seen sitting on the floor of the art gallery at Grinnell College, about 15 miles west of Brooklyn, Ritter said. Tibbetts is shown laughing, putting up a small mirror to her face and sticking out her tongue.

“She was totally normal that day,” Ritter told Fox News on Wednesday. “All of her actions were the same as they had been previous days. She hadn’t been talking about anyone suspiciously or randomly. She was her normal, outgoing, happy self.”

Tibbetts' iPhone and Fitbit are also seen in the footage – both items police and family members say they have not yet found, and which could offer major clues into her current whereabouts."

I think the reference is to people online and initial MSM stories about Sadie's body being found. Most I saw said something akin to "Body Found in Rural Iowa is Not Mollie Tibbetts". I don't think anyone would accuse Mollie's dad being anything but graceful and classy during this entire ordeal. The strength this guy has shown is nothing short of amazing.
I agree...was throwing it out there - that Mollie's family did acknowledge Sadie's death. :)

I think the reference is to people online and initial MSM stories about Sadie's body being found. Most I saw said something akin to "Body Found in Rural Iowa is Not Mollie Tibbetts". I don't think anyone would accuse Mollie's dad being anything but graceful and classy during this entire ordeal. The strength this guy has shown is nothing short of amazing.

I think that one reason the initial headlines were phrases like that was--that they delayed releasing Sadie's name, in order to contact her next-of-kin--so what COULD the headline have said?

Has anyone heard are there active searches today? Usually I can find it. Today I can’t.
If there were, we'd have to find out by someone seeing LE in an area since they aren't announcing it.

Piecing together previous searches, it seems MT's digital footprint (Fitbit & cell pings) ended somewhere near the woods by WC's property which is why they've searched it three separate times.

This is interesting information that we should consider if Investigators told him that. If nothing was disturbed in the house it had to be gun point or someone she knew well to leave so easily. Find it hard to believe she was home. Those vandals at the hardware store that night might have something to do with this. Timing seems way too suspicious especially if it’s on the same night.

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening.

Winker declined to confirm that claim at the news conference. He said investigators have a timeline but would not confirm or deny case facts so as not to jeopardize the case.

The same exact thing happened to my sister and I when we were outside playing in the the early 1960s. A man stopped his car and asked us if we wanted some candy. Fortunately our mom had told us to never talk to strangers and we both immediately ran back to our house.
In the late 60's a transient who was a little older than me talked me into hitchhiking with him on the pretense that we were going to help some homeless people. I should have remembered my mom's warning. Once we arrived at the fake destination he tried to push me over an embankment in a relatively isolated area so I would be out of sight of the road. Someone who was in an adjacent gas station that he had assumed was closed called out and he took off, or that might have been the end of me. I didn't tell my mom about that incident until she was 80 years old.
Wow- I am so glad you're okay! I grew up in a small town, too. I was about 10 years old and was roller blading with my older sister 2 miles from my house, fell and broke my arm. As my sister hurried home to get my mother, a transient man pulled up to me asked if I was okay and if I needed a ride. I shook my head no. He came by again and told me to get in the car. I started screaming and he quickly drove away. It was horrifying - but also has taught me how quickly something like this can happen. I hope Mollie is found soon.

I'm sorry if I also came off that way. I agree with you. I was just mentioning it since this thread is about Mollie. But Sadie's death is absolutely awful and horrific as well and my heart also goes out to her family and friends. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Thank you!
I am here for MT with the hopes she is found alive & well.

I feel like Mollie's family has an inkling of what has happened to her. I, too, believe it was someone she knew (maybe just an acquaintance or a neighbor from down the road). I wonder if someone had a crush on her, and because she was so kind, she befriended them and they took it as her wanting a romantic relationship? And then maybe something went very badly wrong when they kidnapped her.

If there were, we'd have to find out by someone seeing LE in an area since they aren't announcing it.

Piecing together previous searches, it seems MT's digital footprint (Fitbit & cell pings) ended somewhere near the woods by WC's property which is why they've searched it three separate times.
There’s a reporter that keeps up with it but it’s missing today.

Many of us have had a child spread their wings and take off to college. That first year it is difficult to set boundaries as a parent (at least it was for me). I feel compelled to speak up for her mother and defend her because she acted non-chalant regarding her no-show for supper.
I am sure her mother was trying to give her space, but secretly was wanting to text her to ask “well, are you coming or not”. It’s really hard to release those high school rules that you adhered to not long ago.
So, I really see nothing wrong with their communication that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420