Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

MISSING PERSON. 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts is missing. Last seen on 7/19/18 possibly wearing denim shorts and a red t shirt. Last seen in Brooklyn. If you have any information please call 641 623-5679.
upload_2018-7-20_19-6-46.jpeg

Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15

Thread #16

IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to welcome our many new members to Websleuths. Please remember Websleuths is not like the other discussion forums. We are heavily moderated. Our goal is to stay on topic, not tear apart innocent people, and see what we can come up with looking at the evidence presented to the public by the mainstream media or law enforcement.

Here is a link to our rules. The Rules

This means you cannot randomly accuse someone of killing Mollie.

You cannot link to other sources like random YouTube videos or Facebook pages and post information from these places.

WC are initials of the pig farmer who has been brought in for questioning and had his property searched in connection with Mollie's disappearance. Police have not named him as a person of interest.

In a situation like this where a person has not been named a suspect but the police appear to be interested in him, we only allow the initials of the person to be used
This does not mean you can discuss anyone else. You can't start using Mollie's boyfriend's initials and then you post you think he may have been involved. We are doing this with WC only. Keep in mind each case is different. What we allow in another case on Websleuths does not mean we will allow the same type of discussion in Mollie's case.

As far as WC, one of our media sources that we have given the OK to use is Heavy.com

Heavy.com has provided a WC Five Fast Facts You Need to Know.

If you want to discuss what Heavy.com has provided you must use only the initials WC.

Please, do not outright accuse WC of taking Mollie, no remarks about looks, clothing, or any other insults.

The media frenzy surrounding Mollie's case is jaw-dropping and the story keeps getting bigger and bigger. As this happens sometimes the facts become lost and rumors take over.

Please stick to the facts of the case.

Thanks, everyone,
Tricia

Admin note: No sleuthing of the victim's family members or WC's family members is allowed. Do not post family background, professional background, relationships or anything else about those related to them.

It's hard for me to wrap my head around Mollie voluntarily leaving w/o telling anyone. From her SM she seems to be a sweet, kind, lovely girl. Doesn't seem like the kind to torment her parents like this.

Lots of sweet people have depression, and too many commit suicide...it does not make them “bad” people that we should have expected to leave, disappear, commit suicide etc...vs. nice ones who would not. Jmo

Just a tidbit from Mollie's father's interview with Shep Smith on Fox News earlier. He asked social media companies to set aside privacy concerns to aid in further developing Mollie's social media footprint. Yes, subpoenas can be served, but it's a lot easier if these companies do it on their own, and perhaps go a bit further than simply providing data on Mollie alone.

From previous thread:

Hiya Geevee! Good to see you here!

I've been lurking the threads haphazardly for a couple of days only so I could be missing some things, though I believe A+B+C= Mollie may have disappeared voluntarily or reluctantly but unable to return to her loved ones for whatever reasons.

I think she did come back home (BF's) from jogging then left.

A) "Mollie Tibbetts' father believes she was taken by 'someone who she knows, probably someone who cares about her'
Tibbetts said he believes the person who took his daughter may have gotten the wrong idea because of Mollie's sweet demeanor."
Mollie Tibbetts' father: Someone she knows took her

B) "Winker said investigators have also constructed a timeline they feel confident about.
"The timeline is very important, obviously, to us, but it's also been very important to us to get to know Mollie and understand what's normal for Mollie, what's not normal for Mollie," Winker said."
Mollie Tibbetts update: Investigators conduct more than 200 interviews - CNN

C) Mollie and the dad talked for 3 hours shortly before she disappeared.

Hello my good friend, I'm so happy to see you sleuthing this case! I want very much to believe that she left for whatever reason and is still alive, but the fact that everything she had with her on the walk/jog is missing along with her (as far as her Mom said in the Daily Mail interview) it seems unlikely to me that she made it back to the BF's house. But if there's something to uncover that leads to that conclusion, I have a good feeling you'll find it. :)

From previous thread:

Hello my good friend, I'm so happy to see you sleuthing this case! I want very much to believe that she left for whatever reason and is still alive, but the fact that everything she had with her on the walk/jog is missing along with her (as far as her Mom said in the Daily Mail interview) it seems unlikely to me that she made it back to the BF's house. But if there's something to uncover that leads to that conclusion, I have a good feeling you'll find it. :)
I think we are all praying that this will be one of those very, very rare instances where the aforementioned theory is accurate. Prayers for Mollie and family.

Just a tidbit from Mollie's father's interview with Shep Smith on Fox News earlier. He asked social media companies to set aside privacy concerns to aid in further developing Mollie's social media footprint. Yes, subpoenas can be served, but it's a lot easier if these companies do it on their own, and perhaps go a bit further than simply providing data on Mollie alone.
That's interesting - I posted earlier the link where LE already served warrants and were getting data back on FitBit, Facebook, SnapChat and Instagram - IIRC. If they have new subpoenas then there are other websites they want to look at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member