Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then if she went missing on her run or on the way to mom's house that would make the time between 7:45 and 9:00 pm. Is that right? That she went missing?

I saw at least three different women as plaintiffs or mention in the cases/charges against WC. None of whom were his ex wife - who is not JJ, btw. It's possible they are all exes, but still concerning in terms of there being an ongoing pattern of behavior.

As a general plea, can we please try to be careful and avoid accusing victims of WC of being opportunistic fame-seekers or money-grubbers? JMO, but it comes across as victim blaming, this is a victim friendly site and the woman who was interviewed, and her daughter should be viewed as victims. It's corroborated in public court documents.

WC pled guilty to some of the charges and was convicted. Protection orders and no contact orders were granted against him many times. There's a pattern of behavior here against multiple women which is troubling. It's not just one, that needs to be emphasized. Harassment in the 1st degree involves threatening to commit a felony against the person, by the way.

It's disturbing to me that people (not just here but everywhere) seem to be downplaying stalking, harassment and violating no contact orders. Downplaying domestic abuse allegations. Obviously having been a survivor of DA myself(and being stalked by a SO after having left the country where the DA resided), my personal experiences are going to make this a very hot issue for me. I have a bias, but I am going to share my perspective anyway in the hopes of helping others to understand why I am disturbed by the train of thought I mentioned above.

I had to flee a country to escape my abusive ex and he still tried to make contact, made inquiries which got back to me which indicated he might attempt to enter the country that I had fled to (due to knowledge of some future plans I had told him prior to the abuse). I've had panic attacks decades years later when I thought I glimpsed his face in a crowd, even though logically I know it couldn't have been him. The trauma and stress may lessen over time, but it doesn't take much to set off those same feelings of being terrified for my privacy, my safety and, at times, even my life. It is difficult to articulate what it feels like to live with that kind of ongoing fear. It can be paralyzing.

All I ask is for people to pause before accusing confirmed or even alleged victims of DA and other personal crimes as being attention seekers looking for a pay out.

There's still a massive stigma surrounding the reportage of domestic abuse, stalking/harassment and sexual assault. Far too often victims are accused of being crazy, hysterical, vindictive liars, willing participants or having provoked the criminal acts in some way. Is it any wonder so few women report crimes against their person when they often are the ones who get their reputations dragged through the mud even more than the accused? It takes a lot of courage and fortitude to make formal complaints to the police and even stick it out through the court process.

So, please, please can we be mindful of this and err on the side of sensitivity when discussing victims?

THANK YOU. I made a similar comment upthread about minimizing the impact of stalking. I don't undertstand why stalking an ex-wife or ex-girlfriend is not to be taken seriously. Too often, women are murdered by an ex.

Here's just one MSM outlining this: Percent of Women Killed by Husbands or Boyfriends - The Atlantic

Here's an updated list of what we know to keep in mind regarding any possible scenarios:
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • the dogs were in the basement
  • Dalton said the door was probably unlocked
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • she usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • video was collected from various businesses
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  • she may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM
How about these two?
Mollie is a "creature of habit"
Dalton sent her a text in the morning and Mollie did not respond.

Thanks for all the scenarios, because one of them might be it.

Watching the videos released yesterday of the day before she went missing show a free spirited girl with just fun and silliness on her mind.

And with that mindset, she went running in typical gear for that activity, but out among corn fields in the country, all alone.

In some respects, I agree with dad someone might have reached an improper understanding of their relationship.

On the other hand, anyone who saw her with nefarious intentions could have understood her aloneness running, and saw her as an easy target, not knowing anything about her ambitions, silliness, and innocence.

In some cases I think transient, but this one makes more sense it was a local who was in the area and saw her.

I do wish there was a way (I think there is, but a legal way) to triangulate cell phone data from others in the area at the time.

So then if she went missing on her run or on the way to mom's house that would make the time between 7:45 and 9:00 pm. Is that right? That she went missing?

I think it was the homework that made her late this evening..it was a group project I think I heard somewhere. My timeline puts her leaving on the later side, perhaps as late as 9:15, and while abductions do happen during the day I think the perp felt much more comfortable with the cover of darkness or at least low light from dusk.

Here's an updated list of what we know to keep in mind regarding any possible scenarios:
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she has about 3 different routes and likes to mix them up
  • the dogs were in the basement
  • Dalton said the door was probably unlocked
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • she usually runs for 45 minutes
  • LE reconstructed her run, relying on Fitbit data, cell phone pings and eyewitnesses
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
  • video was collected from various businesses
  • Mollie's mom was asked by FBI if Mollie was "in a home" at 9:45
  • she may have done homework (time unknown & unconfirmed)
  • Snapchat appeared to be indoors & taken that day, viewed at 10PM

What we know. Thank you again, Otto.

Right, I was responding to someone who suggested she might have come back, showered, and put on clean running clothes in order to run to mom's later. I couldn't get the "quote" function to work, so my response was a little out of context. I was just saying I would have come home, not showered, and stayed in my running clothes if I knew I was going to run again later.
This is why knowing Mollie's habits and typical routine would be extremely helpful. Everyone is different. I would have removed my shoes immediately upon entering my house, because I don't wear shoes indoors. Someone else might have gone to the kitchen for some ice water. Another person would head straight for the shower. Mollie's mom lived a mile away. That's maybe a 15 min brisk walk for a fit 20-year old woman.

Yes that too. I had made a comment earlier about finding it strange that her mother mentioned wanting to meet her grandchildren. I thought if her mother had some knowledge of, or thought there might be a grandchild to meet, she might have made that particular comment the way she did.
I saw the screenshots that were deleted, and which I made screenshots of. They are also what made me think in that direction as well.

I don't take a mother saying that she wants to meet her grandchildren to mean anything other than that she hopes her child finds happiness and a life with someone and perhaps will one day have his/her own child. I think any loving parent would love to be around long enough to see that. I know I had only half-teasingly told my son that he should not be a player his whole life, because I would like to see my grandchild before I died of old age. Oh, and at the age of 61, I finally got to! BTW, I believe that Mollie had her priorities in life in order and would have taken any necessary precautions to make a pregnancy very highly unlikely. JMO

I believe the perp has something to do with the twitter post MT made Nov 2017 and pinned to the top of her page. I think someone in the library reported a missing girl and called police and told them it was MT. I don't know if the cop who questioned her was a real cop or if the person who reported her missing is a perp that was stalking her. Just my opinion.

How many of us here who think MT's disappearance is a result of foul play believe the perp is a local, say, somebody who lives within a 25-mile radius? (Raises hand).

That is a very difficult question.

You could draw a 25 mile radius -- which gives us 50 miles. (I was initially wrong about Cedar Rapids) So cleverly you have over 100,00 people in your radius.

Things I know:
- There are some nasty drug rings in the area. Used to be Belle Plaine the worst. Maybe I should not say, but this is a long time ago...however one of my best friends was an undercover narc agent. He was hired to assassinate someone from the area (of course he had a wire on). So there is hard core crime activity.
- There was a trafficking ring active in Williamsburg again 20 years ago (?). Perp caught. Twin Cities connection. So that establishes that trafficking is not unheard of.
- One could likely find well over 200 people on the 'offenders database' within your 50 mile diameter
- There are some pretty sick people around there, who have fixations, some for women
- Again, the book Methland was written about small town Iowa
- Past cases of disappearances are not rare - not frequent but not unheard of
- I-80 bring all kind of people with every deviant background you can think of and some you cannot

I talked myself into raising my hand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads