Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take to get results from a test? What type of restrictions, if any, can LE put on someone who is not a POI as far as traveling?
I have no idea what the laws are in restrictment of moving of a poi. I would imagine the FBI would legally have more power to prevent someone's movement over the local sheriff's office but just not certain of that.

OT but why is it they can remember the stats on some obscure pitcher in a game 30 years ago, but they can't remember what our wedding dress looked like? On our FIRST anniversary?? Okay, sorry, I have issues.
That is...if my husband even remembered the date of our first anniversary. I think I have bigger issues....lol!!!

He should be nervous he’s a convicted stalker. He has a pattern even if a wife, girlfriends, ex girlfriends or someone he’s attracted to it’s a pattern it didn’t just happen one time he has multiple stalking convictions. I don’t understand why people here are just lightly treading over this. I think this is a big deal that and this is where Fitbit data (in the cloud) shows Mollies last location. Last night on CNN was reported he’s now been interviewed 5x. An LE officer guest on HLN show yesterday said WC getting more suspicious as time goes on.

I don't think people are lightly treading over this as much as they are trying to stay within Websleuth's TOS.

And while WC is no boy scout, there is currently zero evidence that he was in Brooklyn on the night MT went missing. Looking at the case map (media thread, p.4) he apparently lives near the pig-less pig farm in Guernsey, south of I-80, off 21.

In the PC, they wouldn't confirm anything about the red shirt. Also, there are no pigs at the pig farm.
Of course they wouldn’t confirm about the red shirt if it is the same shirt worn by Mollie and counselors or if it could be hers. If so it’s an important piece of evidence. This is an ongoing investigation. They are not going to give away pieces of their puzzle. This case is not going to be tried in the public. They only give updates to keep the case in the media unless there is a suspect arrested and then they still don’t give out evidence. That’s done at trial in a courtroom.

The WC lie detector... Is that just LE closing the WC loop..? More or less attempting to do due diligence, and moving forward..?
And the timeline brings more questions... If she was last seen around 8:30 (newest last sighting), and LE lean towards MT being "under a roof" at 9:45 (possible Snapchat picture)... Just how far could she have gotten within that timeframe..? AND... Did cell/Fitbit info lead police to believe her to be heading south after that last sighting..?
So... Following that logic... How far south could she have gotten within that window..?

If she was taken, why did she not attempt to dial 911? It would of taken only a second to dial while running away...

Unless it was someone she knew and trusted, I find a hit and run scenario more likely...

The suspect probably panicked after the hit and run and hide the body somewhere.

Also the fact that noone has "snitched" for the reward money leads me to believe there's only 1 suspect involved. I fear this may stay a cold case unless the suspect confesses from guilt.
Why doesn't LE go back over her route to see if there is any sign of a hit a run?..they know the routes she took...Check garages to see if anyone has had to get paint or parts for their vehicle recently..

How can you be confident a search will turn up nothing on your property unless you are positive it is at another location?
I wondered that myself when he said it. I thought it was a foolish thing for him to say because it can be taken to mean that he knows for a fact she is no where near his property. Time will tell. Tomorow's PC should be interesting and possibly informative. I no longer think she is alive but if LE is able to solve this case and in the very least, bring her home, it will be a bit of comfort to her family rather then years passing by and never knowing.

Last edited:
My thoughts about WC, the polygraph, he might be the perp, the 19 threads of sleuthing, etc...even if he is - that still doesn't guarantee, in any way, that he will divulge where Mollie is. While this may be answer to what happened and why - it still won't answer the question of where she is and that may be something we never find out. And that, breaks my heart. jmo

If she was taken, why did she not attempt to dial 911? It would of taken only a second to dial while running away...

Unless it was someone she knew and trusted, I find a hit and run scenario more likely...

The suspect probably panicked after the hit and run and hide the body somewhere.

Also the fact that noone has "snitched" for the reward money leads me to believe there's only 1 suspect involved. I fear this may stay a cold case unless the suspect confesses from guilt.
This is why I think she was snatched after someone bumped her with their vehicle, she fell and was dizzy or un conscious and put her in the vehicle. Mollie is a small girl at 5’2” this is what happened to Mickey Schunick but was on her bike.

1. I,would think that fitbit would show Mollie’s heart rate. If it was removed, the heart rate would stop. So I deduce she had it on until the signal stopped by the hog farm.

<modsnipped>

3. The biggest predictor of mass shootings is domestic violence. To say WC is some harmless bumbler bothers me. He has tormented several women. Made their lives hell. I am not saying he has anything to do with Mollie, but I am concerned about the artitude that WC is some harmless old fool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree I am not willing to sacrifice my privacy for an increased feeling of security. I would never allow myself or one of my minor children to be microchipped.
By having any electronic device and participating in any way with it, your privacy is already being compromised. Look on your sidebar right now. Any ads for stuff you have recently shown an interest in, mentioned or bought?

Is there an extensive network of old sewers or old train tunnels in that region of Iowa? If so, I wonder if LE is searching them.

I saw sewer tunnels referenced as being in "mtwon" (Marshalltown?) in a social media post from 2017 (actually by somebody mentioned in the media related to the MT case recently). Person commented in that 2017 post that they used to go down there and that there are "Prolly some people living down there."

I'm not thinking vandalizing. I'm thinking burglarizing.
The picture of the door showed it was closed/locked. We clearly don't know when that pic was taken and the eyewitness barkeep across the street described vandalized area not burglary. But we honestly don't know.

By having any electronic device and participating in any way with it, your privacy is already being compromised. Look on your sidebar right now. Any ads for stuff you have recently shown an interest in, mentioned or bought?

Yes, but I can turn off my phone and leave it at home if I want to ( and yes I have done this) that's a lot harder to do when the device is implanted in my body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419