Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. If investigators could reveal that information to DC, why couldn't they reveal it to the public in their PC?
I'm sure it goes back to LE not revealing details of their "timeline." LE allegedly first revealed similar info to brother Jake that he shared with local news, and WS thread lit up with both denials and accusations resulting in the first thread close down I believe!

Highly, highly unlikely. Sex trafficking victims tend to be runaways, undocumented migrants, drug users, homelesss, and sex workers. Mollie doesn’t fit the profile of one of these far more likely categories.
I completely agree. Everyone I talk to around here thinks that though. I don't live too far away and I80 is one of the most used interstates for sex trafficing.

How would that work? You mean if someone sees her and reports it?
I am envisioning whoever has her releases her, and puts in a tip to claim the reward money. If that money is rewarded anonymously we won't know who it was. And, Mollie could claim to need her privacy (completely understood) and no one will ever know what happened...is that even remotely a possibility? I am hoping it makes sense...

I’m not seeing a lot of people actually dogging the profiler, but there are a lot of posts I haven’t read yet. FTR surgeons make mistakes too. As does LE. (Not saying any mistakes are being made here). This case is indeed multifaceted, and while this profiler says someone might have to have been seen to come into this small town, and it wouldn’t necessarily be easy to abduct Mollie, I don't necessarily agree with that but I’m certainly not dogging her and as stated she has impressive credentials. Imo while you say some may seem to have lost focus (I haven’t seen anything like that today yet), there are many here who seem quite on focus to me. Another note, I’ve seen “boardrooms” on crime TV where LE admits that even members amongst themselves differ in opinions at times. I saw one where each lead on the case had a different POI, lol. There were 3 of them, iirc. So the fact that WSers are able to even cognitively indulge in discussion with a profiler as such says a lot. Imo.

As for me, I appreciate hearing people’s stories as long as they’re sooooomewhat on topic, as people may have been through similar situations we ,which, who knows, could provide some potentially valuable insight. Not to mention safety discussions are often addressed in such posts.
Of course everyone makes mistakes, my point was we should not be judging or criticizing them when we dont understand all the aspects of their job and especially the decisions they make to conduct an investigation. I don't think it is appropriate to put them down, but I am certainly aware they make mistakes. But I myself am not in a position to assume a mistake has been made. As for the long stories, yes if it has relevance to the case I don't mind reading them at all, maybe I wasn't specific, I meant personal stories that have nothing to do with the case and it's hard when you are trying to catch up. I like to read every post if I can. I don't know what you are referring to when you say the profiler said someone must have seen someone in town or who "she" is, maybe I didn't see that part. I was simply saying I don't think it's necessary to critisize and put down people who are working so hard on this case. They are putting in 16 hours a day, many of them, and this case has been extremely personal for them. I'm sure they will remember it long after we have forgotten it, if it turns out to have a horrible outcome. I hope that was more clear. I never meant to imply that I don't think they can make mistakes, more so that I don't think they deserve to be put down. Same for the witnesses.

Maybe. But if she hired someone or confronted Mollie outside with a gun or something and alluded to her boyfriend, Mollie might not have know who she wasn't talking about HER boyfriend, if you follow me.
Has anyone seen a picture of the brother’s soon to be wife? I would be interested if their aree physical similarities. At this point anything is possible and mistaken identity by either a jealous ex or a hired hand, is just as valid as the next theory.

I completely agree. Everyone I talk to around here thinks that though. I don't live too far away and I80 is one of the most used interstates for sex trafficing.
It’s on everyone’s mind because of the news coverage it has generated recently. But college students aren’t abducted off the street and forced into sex trafficking, it just doesn’t happen with any regularity.

What time was the sighting on Des Moines? Do we have that information? I can’t see her on Pershing and Des Moines bear the same time, if she was seen in Des Moines after she was seen in E2nd she then could have possibly finished her loop, was in cool down mode and was walking in her running gear to her moms.

I asked the same question a few days ago. I hope you get an answer.

Has anyone seen a picture of the brother’s soon to be wife? I would be interested if their aree physical similarities. At this point anything is possible and mistaken identity by either a jealous ex or a hired hand, is just as valid as the next theory.
well, they're both females.
They look nothing alike.

I am envisioning whoever has her releases her, and puts in a tip to claim the reward money. If that money is rewarded anonymously we won't know who it was. And, Mollie could claim to need her privacy (completely understood) and no one will ever know what happened...is that even remotely a possibility? I am hoping it makes sense...
That wouldn't be the worst outcome.

At least nothing he's aware of
Unfortunately LE appears to have no credible leads as to what occurred ....3 weeks and nothing..his is a shame! That Mr Tibbetts is at the county fair attempting to obtain information regarding his "Mollie" clearly indicates LE does not have a 'clue' as to what happened to/with Mollie. The family is being very patient with LE because they do not want to step on the toes of LE or offend LE since LE is their life-line of hope to finding Mollie. But they should use some of the $330k+ reward monies to hire a private investigative firm.....the investigation needs new ideas and new eyes.

That makes a lot of sense.

I've seen her and they do NOT look alike at all. Not even distant cousins.

And if that is how this all ends up it would be such a wonderful outcome!! Mollie safe and home and unharmed and whatever happened could remain a mystery forever- it would be the best option yet!!!

Ok
I hope that I’m ok to post about this and if I interpret the rules incorrectly then I’m sure the mods will let me know
But isn’t it correct that Mollie went to the University of Iowa ?
I have read an article today about a male who has been harassing and stalking many of the females within the University and more than one has made serious allegations about him. Consequently the University has terminated him . Looking into his MO as to how he operates, it could be that Mollie has received such a message from this person and met up with him. He is known to have obsessions about relationships. I apologise if this has already been mentioned but I’ve not had the opportunity to read ALL the threads . Very interesting scenario IMO

Of course everyone makes mistakes, my point was we should not be judging or criticizing them when we dont understand all the aspects of their job and especially the decisions they make to conduct an investigation. I don't think it is appropriate to put them down, but I am certainly aware they make mistakes. But I myself am not in a position to assume a mistake has been made. As for the long stories, yes if it has relevance to the case I don't mind reading them at all, maybe I wasn't specific, I meant personal stories that have nothing to do with the case and it's hard when you are trying to catch up. I like to read every post if I can. I don't know what you are referring to when you say the profiler said someone must have seen someone in town or who "she" is, maybe I didn't see that part. I was simply saying I don't think it's necessary to critisize and put down people who are working so hard on this case. They are putting in 16 hours a day, many of them, and this case has been extremely personal for them. I'm sure they will remember it long after we have forgotten it, if it turns out to have a horrible outcome. I hope that was more clear. I never meant to imply that I don't think they can make mistakes, more so that I don't think they deserve to be put down. Same for the witnesses.

I totally hear ya! All good here...I actually really agree with you as well, as I was just complaining yesterday at my own work about “unnonqualified individuals trying to tell the pros how to do their jobs” lol, not that you said that, but ykwim. I appreciate your post! Also re: clarity, there have been many typos on my part as I run out of editing time bc things are moving so quickly in these threads, so I apologize as some things might be as eloquently as clearly stated as I’d like for them to be.

Last edited:
I've seen her and they do NOT look alike at all. Not even distant cousins.
If she had someone (a male perhaps?) go to the house to beat her up/kidnap her/? before the wedding, things could have gone wrong.
I'm just trying to throw out an alternate theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul