Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest asking a mod if you want to discuss. I don't remember any issue, but then something may have happened.
If you don't remember a ban then there probably isn't one, I was just responding to a poster who asked about it. But I know you have been on a lot so you are probably right.

There will also be new areas about breakfast-lunch-dinner, American Indians, and NFL preseason predictions.
OT: There was a politics area. I miss it. But surprisingly (or not) it was a nightmare for mods. Your suggestions probably would not be as difficult to monitor. ;)

They seemed so down at the last presser. I’m actually a little surprised the bf moved back into the house already. I’m
Not sure I could for awhile.
It would be hard if the house was a known murder scene, but right now it’s just a house, that may or may not be the place where a kidnapping occurred.

Not sure if the site Crime Online is considered MSM, but they have an interview with the guy who last saw her jog by and here is the 10% of the article worth noting:

"(the witness) said the name-calling, such as being called “killer” and “pervert” by social media users online, while other people bang on his door, has stressed him out and scared his young daughter. He reiterated that the FBI already questioned him and he has not been named a suspect in Mollie’s disappearance."

Ok, now seriously, if anyone is wondering why a person who knew something would not come forward and tell the police, all one has to do is look at how they've treated some of the people who have so far. People need to be a little less "angry mob" and a little more "helpful citizen". JMHO

This is one of the inevitable fallouts of crimes such as this. A sweet young woman missing and to date no resolution to the case. People start to become unhinged and angry. Worse will be if and when they arrest someone. I recall watching as SP was being driven into the police station in Modesto, CA. People had already gathered there while he was enroute from where he was arrested in San Diego and were waiting for him to be brought back to Modesto. They were screaming at him "murderer, baby killer" and held signs "murdererer". It was truly mob mentality. Not saying it wasn't justified anger but in our country a person has the right to the presumption of innocence until the evidence is laid out at trial and a verdict reached by the jury. As soon as I saw that mob I knew there was no way in hell they were going to be able to hold his trial in Modesto. The community was too invested in the case and clearly biased against him.

As far as we know all this poor guy did was step forward and attempt to assist the investigation and he gets all this thrown at him. I'm sure any other male in the area that has any little bit of evidence will second guess coming forward and probably decide his info isn't a big deal and remain silent which is a shame. Sometimes it is just that one little tip that can bring the case to a conclusion.

Yes, when AH went missing LE asked people to search their properties. It was a rural area with farms and outbuildings, and also a tourist area where there were properties that were vacant during winter months.

I have been wondering how many properties with land and out buildings has been properly searched without a warrant in the area and surrounding areas. In my opinion it is going to be a loaner guy with a property that has some land and outbuilding(s). It would be too risky for a guy on a normal residential street with houses all around to bring Mollie to his place.

People always think “sex trafficking” and it never is...not in these cases with this sort of victim. Just as when a child is missing, we all think abduction, when so often they have wandered off and tragically ended up in a pond. The ST issue goes on and on, once started here, and unless LEA have said it is likely, it gets unwieldy...anyway there is a forum here for those discussions. JMO

I hafta agree with you. It always comes up, and I’ve not seen a case end that way.

Has this been discussed... In the 1st day(s) there were so many people involved and searching that no one was home when LE went to doors to question people. I think this is a loophole of sorts.... thoughts?

On TV, they always go back :)hope that is true to life...I can’t imagine they didn’t. It is such a basic starting point. Years ago, when a teen girl in Long Island went missing, they asked to search each house. I hope they did this time as well. And made note of refusals.

I have followed so many cases here and before I found WS. As secretive as L.e can be, this case beats all. I hope there are damned good reasons. It has been close to a month and memories, never great, are much worse now. I fear that sooner or later they will ask for help and won’t get much useful...they need to specify what they need...most people do not know “the basics” i.e who missed work, was late, cleaned their car, cut their hair, etc...JMO

If you don't remember a ban then there probably isn't one, I was just responding to a poster who asked about it. But I know you have been on a lot so you are probably right.
I keep lists so I don't forget things :) I'd still suggest they ask a mod to make sure. I'm not on much during the day so I might have missed it.

Texas Equisearch only comes if asked by LE...and they need specific areas to search...they don’t just search a town, etc...they aid by searching areas LE needs searched specifically. I don’t think LE has an area. Jmo
They have to be requested by both LE and the family. They won't come if both aren't in agreement they are needed.

This case is so intriguing because we have a lovely Midwest college student disappear with nothing but digital footprints.
Problem is we as WS have so little information on those footprints. I’m not inclined to think suicide or taking a “time out” so foul play rears it ugly head. Would be the best scenario ever if it’s a wing nut that is keeping her alive. I wish I felt that was likely

Probably already posted eleventy billion times, but here's an article from a former profiler that presents an educated scenario, as well as explains the likely reason LE keeps delaying press conferences. Pretty insightful, IMO.

Mollie Tibbetts likely went off in car with someone she knew, says FBI ex-profiler

“She was likely not kidnapped. She either got into the car of someone she knew or had a relationship with, or it was someone who had a non-threatening demeanor.”

“It is unusual that they canceled,” O’Toole said. “I would suspect that something could be developing and they want to put their complete focus on that. They could be serving warrants or conducting more interviews. Holding press conferences could delay an investigation. It can get in the way.”

Complete article here:
Mollie Tibbetts likely went off in car with someone she knew, says FBI ex-profiler

It would be hard if the house was a known murder scene, but right now it’s just a house, that may or may not be the place where a kidnapping occurred.
Yes but her absence must be felt there, she spent part of the time living there, to me it would be a constant reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member