Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
first does that crime graph take into account per town size of people?

second in my opinion meth is everywhere. you may not see it or the results of it, but it is everywhere. where I live it use to be the lower income lower educated but now I think around here it has effected either themselves or a family member of every other if not every family. largely here (i am not going to identify where here is on a public forum but it is not near MT area) people over 55 that don't use themselves or havent already been shocked by a family member useing just don't see it. they still think it's only a bad few that do it. and people on meth do some bizarre things. to be clear I don't think majority uses it, I just think it is a lot closer to them than they see or want to see and I think that Is nation wide. and I have nothing to say meth pertains to MT disappearance.

with crime that high why would people even consider not locking their doors?

I quoted before meth is terrible in rural iowa has been for awhile

When a town looks as dead as Brooklyn it almost always means drugs

From your link:

However, both Tibbetts' aunt, KC, and her boyfriend said Tibbetts was back at the house from her run before she disappeared.
"I read somewhere that she was running in a cornfield. That's obviously not true," KC told KCRG. "The run happened and then she was at the house as far as we know. I don't think she would've run in the dark."
This is another one of those interpretations based on what KC was trying to relay. I hear it this way, "the run happened and she was at the house as far as we know {because} I don't think she would've run in the dark". In other words she's saying as far as she knows Mollie must have made back to the house because Mollie wouldn't have run in the dark. But she's missing the fact that if Mollie were abducted before she got back to the house, she also wouldn't have been running in the dark. Her whole reason for saying Mollie made it back to the house is because Mollie doesn't run after dark, but that's just the point, Mollie may have been abducted while on her run. People often try to fill in missing details based on what's normal, but when a crime happens things are no longer normal.

Possibly Mollie thought there was a chance she'd catch a ride to work with someone else but was not 100% that other ride would happen and wanted the brother to be available as a last-minute backup ride?

Wonder if Mollie's mother's nonchalance about Mollie not showing up for dinner and Mollie's brother's uncertainty about Mollie needing a ride to work the next morning stemmed from Mollie maybe being uncertain herself if (i) she'd have plans/a visitor after her run (ii) a different ride to work.

Mollie could've kept it vague with both of them, "Hmm, not sure what I'm doing yet. I might come by for dinner/I might not need a ride, depends...I'll let you know later." Dunno.

This is what I was thinking. From a management perspective, people who don't own vehicles usually fall into two categories; Reliable and Unreliable. If one of my employees doesn't have a car, it's pretty evident which they are quickly. If they don't have a car but I know I can count on them, I don't question who they're getting a ride from, they're a resourceful person and will be to work on time no matter what. They don't make excuses and if they're gonna be late by 10 minutes, they'll let me know. Mollie defiantly sounds like that type of person, and her family was used to her sharing the car with her brother or finding another way to work/school.

And we don't know what Mollie's relationship with the dogs was like. Glancing at her 'gram, Mollie back in 2015 would post pics with her own personal pooch sitting next to her while she worked, etc. I assume that was/is the family pet at her mom's house and not among the dogs in her BF's basement (which someone might've said were Labs? Dunno).

I don't see any pics of dogs since the 2015 pics. And it's like mandatory on social media that people post up pictures of their pets. Mollie didn't run with the dogs.

Maybe the dogs at her BF's were a handful/not well-trained or just not to Mollie's liking. If she's putting them in the basement just to go running (if that's the case), maybe the basement was the dogs regular hangout and Mollie was fine with that.
Iowa in the summer is full of lightning & thunder. Often far off you'll hear something before it gets there in the sky. Other times, the storm won't get there at all. Lots of distant thunder. A storm came in later that night, I believe around 1:30 am started raining. Dogs might feel most comfortable in the basement due to less sound.

Its a thing we haven't touched on.
Small town iowa is gripped with meth addiction. Which brings on property crime, violent crime there all tweaked out and ready to burst.
And sexual assault as meth heads have higher sexual inhibitions and likely to
Force it.

Sherry Arnold was an example of this. The guys admitted to beiing on drugs looking for sex. Like I said these cases are similar

Sherry ran the same route every day in small sleepy town in Montana. Couple of guys cam off the interstate on drugs swooped up sherry as she was running down the bypass.

Oh my gooossshhh don’t even get me started on meth!! This opens up a whole new can of worms for me!!

It seems that in almost every case I have followed lately there has turned to out to be a meth connection on the part of the perp(s); these have mostly been in child abuse and familial murder cases, but still...our Late Great Foxfire has also mentioned the often connection between meth and violent crime. I have posted links to articles on the subject in other threads, and some of my recent posts have been quite over the top, (“meth is ruining innocent babies and peoples’ lives!!!” aNd “bathtub chemicals are frying people’s brains!!”. I have even started collecting stats in real time here in my head as far as marking which cases ended up having a meth connection.

——-

(ETA: SpeakIn g of Foxfire again, I see FindHG thanked this post—-how wonderful that she (you) and 4G got to spend a few days in person at the coffee shop with Foxfire just talking and talking...I had some early thoughts upstream, FHG, on what Foxy might have to say here, they are somewhere in the abyss.)

——-

(ETA: Re: the o/t anecdote I mentioned upstream about the kidnapping case flubbery when a wrong digit was written on the SW request for tracking the phone and they were actually tracking the wrong person the whole time til they realized it (12 hours iirc? Valuable time lost...turned out it was a staged and voluntary kidnapping (“Quinn” case), anyway point is I meant to write “ransom” request, not “random” request, grrr (I’m sure you smarties already figured that out though.)

Last edited:
Most of the cases of women abducted or assaulted while jogging happen during the day. A woman in Bridgewater, MA was assaulted while jogging at 7:30am on a sunny residential street. Look at the surveillance video - right in front of houses with white picket fences. It happens.

SURVEILLANCE VIDEO: Man Attempts to Kidnap, Assault Jogger
And he chased her and wrestled with her on the ground in front of a witness. Stunning.

<deleted>
I see you were able to delete your post.
Could you share the steps?
I needed to delete a mistaken post of mine on Saturday -- but could not find either the 'old' SEARCH FEATURE or the old HELP FORUM that used to exist before Tricia upgraded to this new platform.

Full disclosure my practice area is fraud, not murder, but there's a thing called an attorney proffer where an attorney can meet with LE and answer questions on behalf of a client.

Can an attorney approach LE and make a proffer of information without disclosing the underlying client?

Fraud must be the most difficult area of litigation, whether civil or criminal. Someone perpetuating fraud has been working from the get-go to conceal their activity and getting better at it as they go. Might be why I've heard that some statutes of limitations can be abrogated in cases alleging fraud.

I’ll go take a look at the timeline to see if it’s been stated what time someone entered the house once they realized Mollie couldn’t be found.
I think that was DJ the next afternoon. In one clip I saw he stated he was the first to know she went missing. I didn't quite understand that at the time I heard it. Then later on I read that one of MT coworkers had contacted him to tell him MT had not shown for work. I have no idea if he left right after that phone call and headed home to check or not. He was at least 100 miles away at the time so that would be a couple hour drive to get home. There is some confusion here because MT's brother called his mom to tell her MT did not go to work. I have no idea who informed him if it was DJ or he went to pick her up from work and she wasn't there and he found out then. Either way her mom called it in at I believe 5:00. So I wondered at the time why MT's mom was just learning about her missing from her son in late afternoon if DJ already was home and saw she was not there. There could be reasons for that of course, he didn't want to worry her and perhaps was driving around looking for her and checking with her friends. Or maybe he did contact JT and he is the one that informed him that MT was missing. It was never clear to me the order of how they found out she was missing and who told who and when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86