Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the dogs at her BF's were a handful/not well-trained or just not to Mollie's liking. If she's putting them in the basement just to go running (if that's the case), maybe the basement was the dogs regular hangout and Mollie was fine with that.

True dat! I love my dogs, but if I'm trying to get any work done on the computer sometimes I will put them up because I get distracted and would rather play than get work finished lol.

This is another one of those interpretations based on what KC was trying to relay. I hear it this way, "the run happened and she was at the house as far as we know {because} I don't think she would've run in the dark". In other words she's saying as far as she knows Mollie must have made back to the house because Mollie wouldn't have run in the dark. But she's missing the fact that if Mollie were abducted before she got back to the house, she also wouldn't have been running in the dark. Her whole reason for saying Mollie made it back to the house is because Mollie doesn't run after dark, but that's just the point, Mollie may have been abducted while on her run. People often try to fill in missing details based on what's normal, but when a crime happens things are no longer normal.
And the sun set at 8:41 that night. So now I’m supposed to believe DR saw her run by in the dark 1.5 hours after she started running when she supposedly doesn’t run in the dark?

I hear you. But going purely by the data, it’s so much more likely to be a lone attacker that this scenario is really far down my list. It does happen, but I prefer to focus on the most likely scenario until I am given reason to think otherwise.

Agree, and I also agree with you that it would be pretty dang'd brazen for a stranger to abduct a jogger in broad daylight in a bustling little "everybody knows everybody" small town. Not saying it couldn't or didn't happen that way, of course, but if it did it was probably impulsive and unplanned.

In any case, considering the brazenness that it would've required for a random stranger to do it, as well as the more than strong likelihood that she was taken that evening and while on her run, it seems that it would lend more credence to the idea that she was picked up by someone she trusted - either known to her or a clearly marked authority type.

JMO.

I think that was DJ the next afternoon. In one clip I saw he stated he was the first to know she went missing. I didn't quite understand that at the time I heard it. Then later on I read that one of MT coworkers had contacted him to tell him MT had not shown for work. I have no idea if he left right after that phone call and headed home to check or not. He was at least 100 miles away at the time so that would be a couple hour drive to get home. There is some confusion here because MT's brother called his mom to tell her MT did not go to work. I have no idea who informed him if it was DJ or he went to pick her up from work and she wasn't there and he found out then. Either way her mom called it in at I believe 5:00. So I wondered at the time why MT's mom was just learning about her missing from her son in late afternoon if DJ already was home and saw she was not there. There could be reasons for that of course, he didn't want to worry her and perhaps was driving around looking for her and checking with her friends. Or maybe he did contact JT and he is the one that informed him that MT was missing. It was never clear to me the order of how they found out she was missing and who told who and when.

The only info I've seen about it is DJ stating that as soon as MT's mother called the hospitals and she wasn't there, he came home. I searched for a timeline reference on it yesterday and couldn't find one.

This talk of "negotiating" makes me think of Bruce Willis in The Fifth Element. It also makes me think - what would I do if I had Mollie held captive right now? I can think of over 300,000 reason$ I'd want to get her returned safely, but I'd also be trying to find a way to not be going to jail. So yeah, I'd be trying to find an attorney to negotiate Mollie's safe return, anonymously claim that reward money, and figure out something so I wouldn't go to jail.

Or maybe take a vacation...

The Best Countries for Your Escape Plan - International Man

I see you were able to delete your post.
Could you share the steps?
I needed to delete a mistaken post of mine on Saturday -- but could not find either the 'old' SEARCH FEATURE or the old HELP FORUM that used to exist before Tricia upgraded to this new platform.
Nope. If there’s a way I don’t know how. I edited it and typed in <delete> because I went back and proved my statement to be slightly incorrect :)

I’m completely out of ideas now.
As much as I hate to say it, I think it's time for LE to look at state/county parks within easy driving distance of Brooklyn, if they haven't already. I'm still hoping. And I think live recovery should still be the priority. But evidence preservation is imperative if the worst has happened.

The only info I've seen about it is DJ stating that as soon as MT's mother called the hospitals and she wasn't there, he came home. I searched for a timeline reference on it yesterday and couldn't find one.

Here you go. :)

"She said Mollie had not called into work that day and she hadn't showed up, and then I looked at the messages and she hadn't opened or read the message," he said. "And then I started getting in contact with her friends and family, saying, 'Have you seen her or heard from her?' And they all said the same thing. 'No, we haven't heard from her since yesterday.'"

Jack said that when Tibbetts' mother called into the hospital and she wasn't there, he drove back to Brooklyn.

Boyfriend of college student missing almost a week speaks out

I'm with you.

Abduction location possibilities IMO
• Inside the house < 10%
• Driveway to house as she returned from her run 10%
• Somewhere along her run -- perhaps in the direction of the hog farm 90%

I see value in this approach! May I borrow it and post how I see the probabilities differently?

Abduction location possibilities IMO
• Inside the house 0%
• Driveway to house as she returned from her run 0%
• Somewhere along her run -- perhaps in the direction of the hog farm 0% (She didn't run out there, and LE told witness she made it home from her run)
• Theory 3 -- < 5%
• Somewhere along her walk to her mother's house -- > 95%

Also:
• Stranger < 2%
• Friend < 5%
• Acquaintance >93%

• Female 0%
• Male 100%

I see you were able to delete your post.
Could you share the steps?
I needed to delete a mistaken post of mine on Saturday -- but could not find either the 'old' SEARCH FEATURE or the old HELP FORUM that used to exist before Tricia upgraded to this new platform.
You can edit your post for a certain amount of time, but you can’t delete it.

If you
And the sun set at 8:41 that night. So now I’m supposed to believe DR saw her run by in the dark 1.5 hours after she started running when she supposedly doesn’t run in the dark?

If you look at the maps on Google, the sidewalks are really close to the porches on that road and at his house. If he had his porch light on or there are street lights, she'd easily be seen. Also, he was familiar with her running past his house.

Civil Twilight differs from actual sundown conditions. Looking at the time the sun set isn't as correlated to actual sky light. It's still light out. especially in Iowa, with the lack of mountains blocking available last rays.

Here you go. :)

"She said Mollie had not called into work that day and she hadn't showed up, and then I looked at the messages and she hadn't opened or read the message," he said. "And then I started getting in contact with her friends and family, saying, 'Have you seen her or heard from her?' And they all said the same thing. 'No, we haven't heard from her since yesterday.'"

Jack said that when Tibbetts' mother called into the hospital and she wasn't there, he drove back to Brooklyn.

Boyfriend of college student missing almost a week speaks out

Thanks! Did you happen to see an article that referenced the time he left? Also, the 5:00 report to the police is new info for me. I noticed most of the posts from her family and friends came about 9:00 PM, so I assumed it was later.

I would think if someone violently took her from the house, the dogs would have scratched the heck out of the door separating them. It doesn't sound like that was the case or else they would have probably counted as the house being disturbed.
Good point and I do recall somewhere someone stated, perhaps DJ, that the door didn't have any scratch marks on it. I have a dog and if he were locked up and I was in distress or he even heard a tiny scuffle, he would be barking like mad and scratching and pushing against the door. My dog is actually capable of opening some doors in our house I kid you not. We have to make sure to lock them so he doesn't get out. I have a picture I took when he was rushed to emergency and had to have an operation for bloat. He had been at a daycare that day because we were having the floors polished. He gets seperation anxiety and worked himself into a state where he bloated. Luckily the kennel owner was also a GSD owner and recognized the signs immediately. He loaded him in the truck and rushed him to a local vet where they performed the operation on him and he survived. I was insane that day because the GSD we had him we lost to bloat. I went to see the dog that afternoon and he was just up from surgery and pacing around. He could hear the people in the waiting room and he actually went to the door and turned the handle and opened it. I was taking a pic of him at the time because I thought it was adorable he was trying to get out and wanted to send it to my hubby to show him he was ok. No sooner did I take the pic and he got the door open and was out the door like a flash. The vet had a stray cat that they kept in the office like a house cat and my dog went right after it. This was all within an hour of his surgery. He is an incredibly smart and determined dog and he figures things out real fast.

Wonder when the State Fair actually came into town? Wonder if it could be someone from the fair that abducted Mollie (someone that works there). But then again that wouldn't work if she was abducted by someone that knew her really well (and she knew them really well). Just another thought I had. Not sure if those fair workers come in town much earlier or not than the fair actually begins. The guy would know the area if he works at the fair every year and that same fair comes to the same town every year. Mollie MIGHT even know the guy if she had been to the fair and talked to him before, but probably not. Just all speculation.

This is another of the big mysteries of the timeline. Why did he text in morning and not previous night? When he didn't get a response to text in the am why wasn't that a red flag something was up at that point? Why wait to get a call from BF that MT didn't show up to work that day? Why did work call BF and not Mom or Brother? Why go to the movies when your sister is missing or you haven't heard from her? So many questions about the shared car situation and why it was ok for MT to possibly be walking or jogging back in the dark to pick up car?
Yes, this is just weird to me. I don't want to make something out of nothing though. All I can think is she was not one to respond to texts regularly. I do have a 23 year old son that is awful about this. You can text him a question and he'll answer you three days later. But, with his friends he responds immediately. ugh, youth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle