Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
ravencc2020.227666 said:

LE can't and won't assume to look exclusively for grain haulers. The highway 80 I believe it is called is actually a highly traveled trucking route so long haul/cross country truckers carrying various hauls would be aware of it and frequent it. That is what makes that particular possibility very overwhelming when you consider the transporting that goes on during that area on any given day. It is not just the truckers with full loads but you could have truckers ahead of schedule on a pick up or drivers that have already unloaded and hanging around that might do a layover there.

I was specifically thinking about THAT particular grain elevator that I saw in BRooklyn and I'm thinking it's the same truckers that have a regular run out of there.

Abroad... I took it as outside of the immediate county. Not outside of the country

Jmo
word choice. having studied foreign language, my mind automatically goes to overseas, but using "abroad" to mean outside of the county makes so much more sense to me given what we know about this case and the statistics involved.

If what happened wasn't preplanned to go the way it did--hit and run or someone stopped by "just to talk" and things went sideways or whatever--the perp may have found themselves stuck driving around with a body to conceal/crime scene to clean up and no body-concealing/crime-scene-scrubbing supplies.

From too many hours of watching Dateline/48 Hours/DiscoveryID I've noticed that a surprisingly large number of folks who find themselves in that spot end up going immediately to the nearest big box store--one with a huge loss prevention budget and so cameras galore--and purchasing the necessary implements and chemicals. Sometimes the perps do this at an hour that you'd think the cashier would look at someone buying saws, shovels, bleach, Red Bull and a pack of gum at 3 am and immediately notify LE.

word choice. having studied foreign language, my mind automatically goes to overseas, but using "abroad" to mean outside of the county makes so much more sense to me given what we know about this case and the statistics involved.

Yeah, I immediately think "semester abroad"; which typically meant Europe.

I completely agree with you, that if she was taken while on her jog, it was an area that made her easily susceptible to abduction.
I’ve got a weird feeling whatever happened to Mollie was done by a young person even a teenager high on drugs. Were the carnies in their trailers and tents at that time? Many are drifters and homeless who join the carnival. Before my husband retired he said they had more crime and drugs then usual mainly meth, heroin and crack cocaine also more break ins and theft then usual.

If what happened wasn't preplanned to go the way it did--hit and run or someone stopped by "just to talk" and things went sideways or whatever--the perp may have found themselves stuck driving around with a body to conceal/crime scene to clean up and no body-concealing/crime-scene-scrubbing supplies.

From too many hours of watching Dateline/48 Hours/DiscoveryID I've noticed that a surprisingly large number of folks who find themselves in that spot end up going immediately to the nearest big box store--one with a huge loss prevention budget and so cameras galore--and purchasing the necessary implements and chemicals. Sometimes the perps do this at an hour that you'd think the cashier would look at someone buying saws, shovels, bleach, Red Bull and a pack of gum at 3 am and immediately notify LE.

And then they pay with their credit card.

JMO - the lack of public searches and cries for help searching lead me to believe that they know Mollie is not in the area. I do think that every word of that press conference today, along with the wording on the website, were very calculated.
I'm with you, Salt_, as far as the calculation. I think LE scripts everything down to how they walk to the podium, when & how they speak, how they have their face angled to which camera. And, of course, the words.

FWIW:
I do not think it was a trucker. It seems it would be extremely hard to get a semi close enough to her possible jogging route to pull this off.

My dad is a commercial trucker and aside from loading/unloading destinations he can only park at a truck stop. Unless, of course, his last unload stop took the whole trailer.

This is just all strictly my own opinion but I just can’t shake the feeling that whoever is involved in this has done this before and will again if not apprehended. If we go on what information we have that’s been confirmed (there isn’t much of it) then this person has so far caused Molly to disappear into thin air. There has to be some level of planning that went into it. Again if we go off of what LE has released this whole thing has been far from sloppy or a spur of the moment attack. Again I’m truly hoping that LE knows a lot more than we do but if they don’t that’s truly a scary thought. :(

This is a good point. People are possibly giving this guy way too much credit. It takes no special ability to quickly kidnap a person off the street. He may have just gotten lucky.

Right, and the times they don't get lucky, it usually barely makes the local news.

The one who killed Sierrah Joughlin had an earlier "not lucky" attempt.

The one who killed Amber Dubois and Chelsea King had a "not lucky" attempt, in the same geographical area, between those two.

This one is really baffling. She was kind of in the middle nowhere in that house but really she was surrounded by neighbors. Close quarters sitting way out there but I can see how her neighbors didn't see anything.

I will say IF THEY DO HAVE VIDEO of her running it would surely benefit those they are asking to help US to see that video. Never know. Might recognize a truck, car or old boyfriend.

I wonder how long Mr. Tibbetts will be able to stay and search for his girl.

It's just so sad thinking of where Mollie should be right now with friends, family, celebrations, plans, dreams. Somebody bad took that all away from her.
Mr. Tibbetts.......such a good guy. Mollie has a good loving father. I can't help but think he was crushed with the divorce and then his kids moving far away. It's really been hurting my heart thinking about it. Nothing against the mom....she may have gone thru a lot too. These are good people imo.

I do believe convicted Felons ex cons should be able to get jobs and have the opportunity to change their life around.
Absolutely. Without such an opportunity, crime is a far more appealing option. It just depends on the nature of the job whether felons should qualify for employment or not.

I think it's as simple as:

She was staying at BF's house to dogsit while he went and worked a couple hrs away. This was a crime of opportunity. She goes out for a run and is spotted by someone who saw his chance. She fit his criteria, she was alone, she was in a remote enough area, there weren't people watching at the point he determined, and he grabbed her. We know it's possible because it happens to thousands of young women, the WS threads are filled with missing females over the last decade or 2. Like all perps, he had the element of surprise on his side. She didn't know this would happen, and no matter how strong she was or how fit, she was caught unawares.

What happened after that I don't know, but it's been my belief since the first week, based on how the vast majority of missing young female runner cases go, that she has been deceased for some time now. I believe this is a sexually-motivated type crime (young attractive female in her prime).

The rest won't unfold until or unless someone comes forward and/or remains are found and/or some kind of forensic evidence is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99