Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think LE believes this was a random abduction as they are saying the general public should not feel afraid. They would not just irresponsibly say that. imo Mollie was who was targeted specifically and we don't know the reason yet. They are telling us the town is safe, they don't have a crazy monster running around waiting and lurking to take your daughter or wife. This was intentional towards Mollie.

Actually I think this new map tells us a lot. Watch this video again. At 1:30 I'm driving West on Historic US 6, then I turn right onto 385th Ave. That section of 385th Ave. (one of the highlighted areas) is gravel then dirt. Yes, dirt. Mollie is not going to run down that road. Out of towners are not going to come in to town that way. And once it rains nobody is going down that road except for 4wd mud runners who will leave evidence of it. The only conceivable reason that section of road is highlighted is that somehow Mollie can be placed there. Note it's that's the quickest and easiest route from DJ's house to Grinnell when it's dry.

Go to 12:10 in the video, as I'm heading West down 2nd street you'll see that carwash on my right. What's the significance of a carwash in Brooklyn? It's right along Mollie's running route. I didn't pay any mind to it, it would be a terrible place to try to snatch somebody unnoticed at 7:30pm at night. But what if she saw someone she knows there? What if she stopped and talked, then got in the car and caught a lift back to the house? It's a straight shot to DJ's house from there. And we know we're looking at that carwash in reference to Wednesday night before it rained.

At exactly 12:25 on the right.

Thanks for doing this, SharonNeedles. I could hear the sadness in your voice once you saw RT. You weren't just a sleuther then. You were a Dad feeling another Dad's pain.

This is just all strictly my own opinion but I just can’t shake the feeling that whoever is involved in this has done this before and will again if not apprehended. If we go on what information we have that’s been confirmed (there isn’t much of it) then this person has so far caused Molly to disappear into thin air. There has to be some level of planning that went into it. Again if we go off of what LE has released this whole thing has been far from sloppy or a spur of the moment attack. Again I’m truly hoping that LE knows a lot more than we do but if they don’t that’s truly a scary thought. :(
More then likely has and will continue to. Sex offenders continue this behavior until they are caught and put into prison. How many times have you heard of a sex offender getting out and within a day/week/month commit another sex offense. You can't fix this. These people can not be rehabilitated.

I watched some crime show where a serial sex offender who was currently in jail was interviewed. He wasn't some big well known guy but was a repeat offender. He was coming up for parole and the person asked him if he thought he would do it again. I was absolutely shocked when he said, I think I would and probably should not be let out. I thought what a absolute monster and how stupid to say that. The more I thought about it though I had to admit to myself that he was being honest. That maybe he is very well aware of the fact he can not control those urges and feels safer remaining in prison. It made me question my own thoughts about these people in general. It is very easy to believe they are monsters that are not wired like us. But when I consider this guy I have to think that there is a part of him that obviously knows what he is doing is wrong and he actually feels bad about it, but doesn't trust himself to control his urges. Not saying the guy deserves a lot of sympathy but understanding how their mind works is important in ever finding a way to prevent such behaviors if possible. I can't recall if he had killed anyone. I don't think he did. I think the show was about violent crime and sex offenders. Rape is a violent crime in itself and murder need not be involved.

At exactly 12:25 on the right.

Thanks for doing this, SharonNeedles. I could hear the sadness in your voice once you saw RT. You weren't just a sleuther then. You were a Dad feeling another Dad's pain.
That's actually the angle I've been coming from all along, I don't fancy myself much of a sluether at all.

Or possibly a backdoor route into town ?

My thought also. 385 is remote and runs into v21. Turn left towards rt6, and right about where NE red dot covers is a small bridge over Big Bear Creek. Toss the phone in the creek as you go over, then turn around and go ~30 minutes down v21 to the SE red dot. Toss the fit-bit.

The western most red dot. past BF house just another entrance or exit into town. The Truck stop and Car wash would be places with lots of activity (extra eyes) to supplement video.
JMO

I do not think LE believes this was a random abduction as they are saying the general public should not feel afraid. They would not just irresponsibly say that. imo Mollie was who was targeted specifically and we don't know the reason yet. They are telling us the town is safe, they don't have a crazy monster running around waiting and lurking to take your daughter or wife. This was intentional towards Mollie.
I feel they would say that regardless of what they really thought. If they said the public were not safe it would cause pandemonium.

I watched the PC at work and may have missed them saying they believe she is still live. I did hear him say she is still a missing person. Can anyone confirm the "alive" statement? Thanks!

At no time did I hear anything about Mollie being alive. Clearly, investigators are very concerned in the search for Mollie as a "missing person." If they didn't use the phrase "violent offender", they implied it - in my humble opinion.

It could be law enforcement don’t want to cause panic in the community though.

anywhere that has cctv could also have audio. most dvrs have at least one audio input. audio might or might not be able to be used on the record though.

I feel sure the truck stop has lots of cctv. they are a nationwide chain and I know other locations does have lots. a mom and pop place might not have but a nationwide chain, why would they pick and choose which and where and why they would put. fuel theft is reason enough.

I did my best to try and find those locations on Google Maps satellite view. They appear to be remote, open land areas. Google doesn't even have Streetviews of the roads near them.
Were there cell phone towers near them?

Hey Magnum. I asked you earlier in a previous thread (just before it closed), but do you have any idea why LE would only now mention that a person involved in this abduction would exhibit behavioral and appearance changes (in addition to other noticeable behavior)? I have expressed frustration since the early threads in regard to them not putting this information out there. I just can’t figure out why the delay?
Yes exactly. The whole "have you noticed any behavioral changes in someone, cleaning a car, etc" thing is pretty standard for cases like this. I've seen it countless times before. And surely they have been considering all possibilities from the get go, no? So why did it take them almost a month to request this information? The farther back you request of people's memories, the less likely you are to get solid info. If people initially were thinking she left on her own they wouldn't have been as hyper vigilant about changes in someone's behavior. They can look back now, but their memories are sure to be cloudier.

respectfully snipped:
"obviously knows what he is doing is wrong"

The police officer at the elbow concept or whatever it's called: If the crime can be committed, but an offender *won't* do it in front of a cop, then he or she knows it's wrong. Therefore, he or she has made a choice to offend or not.

Seems like WS used to do polls. I would like to know after all this time the way sluethrs are leaning.
Random
An acquaintance
Stranger
Sex Offender
Somebody closer
While home
While jogging
From Brooklyn
Trucker
Male
Female
I'm sure somebody a lot better than me can come up with a better poll but I'd sure be curious to see how everybody's leaning. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname