Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
&$&#. That’s not good news. I had a feeling that Hedley would be silenced eventually. Especially as the police force are now investigating the plentiful info Hedley has served up. I guess as long as there is headway being made somewhere we may be getting closer to finding Lyn, punishing her killer/s and getting justice for those innocent school children.

Yeah, hard to know at this stage what the real reason is for the ceasefire.

In Mick Fuller's (NSW Police Commissioner) podcast interview with Miranda Devine he emphasized how true crime podcasts are still a relatively new phenomenon and the various parties, including the police, are still getting used to how they fit in and their impact.

&$&#. That’s not good news. I had a feeling that Hedley would be silenced eventually. Especially as the police force are now investigating the plentiful info Hedley has served up. I guess as long as there is headway being made somewhere we may be getting closer to finding Lyn, punishing her killer/s and getting justice for those innocent school children.

somewhere, in among that wretched family, there is a weak link. Marilyn, perhaps … maybe….

It would be a tremendous upheaval if Chris and Paul threw each other to the wolves, Peter, too. . ..I don't expect that, but I do expect , that somewhere, sometime , those two smarmy salacious serpents bragged once too often about one horror too many and someone out there has never been able to forget it.

somewhere, in among that wretched family, there is a weak link. Marilyn, perhaps … maybe….

It would be a tremendous upheaval if Chris and Paul threw each other to the wolves, Peter, too. . ..I don't expect that, but I do expect , that somewhere, sometime , those two smarmy salacious serpents bragged once too often about one horror too many and someone out there has never been able to forget it.

I get the impression the Dawson clan are pretty good at not talking out of school (pun unintended).

It is quite apparent Chris and Paul have been a bit on the shifty side from an early age and other than overhearing them talking to each other, I just don't think you would hear anything at all from them.

I also think Marilyn would, by and large, only know what Paul & Chris want her to know. That's just how most criminal families operate.

I just don't think Hedley has been silenced.. he would have been silenced after episode one, if that was the agenda..

It is highly possible that there is no mechanism to silence Hedley.. Obviously, he has the backing of Rupert, and that over rides Mick Fuller, not to mention Christian Porter, our current glass jawed risible Attorney General. .

The thing about , for example, Bowraville, it didn't move anything along very much. .. Dan Box's atmospheric podcast incited rage and helplessness, but in the long run, important witnesses have died, people have given up, the DPP still stalls...

I get the impression the Dawson clan are pretty good at not talking out of school (pun unintended).

It is quite apparent Chris and Paul have been a bit on the shifty side from an early age and other than overhearing them talking to each other, I just don't think you would hear anything at all from them.

I also think Marilyn would, by and large, only know what Paul & Chris want her to know. That's just how most criminal families operate.
oh. .. you and me are at opposite ends of the scale here... I twigged Marilyn for a woman who knows everything, and holds old grudges and is the absolute wizard at portraying herself as ditzy and scatterbrained when the rubber hits the road...

That transcript of her interview is a classic of the genre of avoidance and distraction...particularly about the bit where Marilyn is faced with the awful prospect of having to turn her mind to a bit of larceny the three of them got up to regarding Lynne's insurance payout. Lot's of well practiced dithering and obfuscation and the expected appeal of 'I'm a middle class white housewife , who wouldn't dream of forging anyone's signature !!"...

Oddly, she cant remember her address at the time, she had a lot of trouble remembering dates, but by God , she knew exactly where that Bankcard had been used, ( at Warriewood ) .

This is the textbook demonstration of remembering exactly what you did wrong, as opposed to remembering exactly what you ordinarily did right.

Last edited:
I just don't think Hedley has been silenced.. he would have been silenced after episode one, if that was the agenda..

It is highly possible that there is no mechanism to silence Hedley.. Obviously, he has the backing of Rupert, and that over rides Mick Fuller, not to mention Christian Porter, our current glass jawed risible Attorney General. .

The thing about , for example, Bowraville, it didn't move anything along very much. .. Dan Box's atmospheric podcast incited rage and helplessness, but in the long run, important witnesses have died, people have given up, the DPP still stalls...

There are certainly parallels aren't there.

Many podcasts are based on these older cases where the suspects and people of interest are either very old or dead, and it makes things difficult.

But just occasionally, like the 33 year unsolved murder of Michelle Buckingham, we get lucky and karma sees to it that belatedly shaking the tree again after all these years, produces fruit.

oh. .. you and me are at opposite ends of the scale here... I twigged Marilyn for a woman who knows everything, and holds old grudges and is the absolute wizard at portraying herself as ditzy and scatterbrained when the rubber hits the road...

That transcript of her interview is a classic of the genre of avoidance and distraction...particularly about the bit where Marilyn is faced with the awful prospect of having to turn her mind to a bit of larceny the three of them got up to regarding Lynne's insurance payout. Lot's of well practiced dithering and obfuscation and the expected appeal of 'I'm a middle class white housewife , who wouldn't dream of forging anyone's signature !!"...

Oddly, she cant remember her address at the time, she had a lot of trouble remembering dates, but by God , she knew exactly where that Bankcard had been used, ( at Warriewood ) .

This is the textbook demonstration of remembered exactly what you did wrong, as opposed to remembered exactly what you ordinarily did right.

Maybe?

I certainly don't see Marilyn as naive or any kind of dummy. She has been a Dawson for a long time and probably knows quite a bit about the twins' adventures, and been involved in some of them too.

But I would be very surprised if she knew any specifics of Lyn's murder or the disposal of her body. Better for all concerned that Chris & Paul told her as little as she needed to know.

There are certainly parallels aren't there.

Many podcasts are based on these older cases where the suspects and people of interest are either very old or dead, and it makes things difficult.

But just occasionally, like the 33 year unsolved murder of Michelle Buckingham, we get lucky and karma sees to it that belatedly shaking the tree again after all these years, produces fruit.

Chris and Paul, and by extension, Peter, are a bit old,( and by now, as wise as wolves at avoiding danger, ) for a sting operation, a'la Cowen.

And even though the QLD police copied that procedure from a hugely successful Canadian sting, on Atif Rafay and Sebastian Burns , the process was brilliant and considering the peculiar attachment to money that Chris had, and Paul, too, it just might have gone down extremely well.

Basing my opinion solely on their statements I believe Marilyn is the weakest link. She was not steadfast in her recollection of events when pressed. She certainly seemed flustered when recalling the signing of insurance documents and the dates of her little jaunt away around the time of Lyn’s disappearance. If the twins wanted to keep her in the dark I don’t think she would have been asked to sign those papers. She was also only too willing to point out Chris’ downfalls.

I believe if push came to shove and the heat was coming down on Paul she’d throw Chris under the bus in a heartbeat.

It’s afternoon already Hedley. Where is that episode?

And while we wait, riddle me this my fellow WS who are far more knowledgeable than I in legal proceedings....

Why aren’t the admissions of both Chris and Joanne alone that they were having sex when she was 16 enough to have Chris charged?

Basing my opinion solely on their statements I believe Marilyn is the weakest link. She was not steadfast in her recollection of events when pressed. She certainly seemed flustered when recalling the signing of insurance documents and the dates of her little jaunt away around the time of Lyn’s disappearance. If the twins wanted to keep her in the dark I don’t think she would have been asked to sign those papers. She was also only too willing to point out Chris’ downfalls.

I believe if push came to shove and the heat was coming down on Paul she’d throw Chris under the bus in a heartbeat.

oh she was completely unprepared for that question, re the insurance policy, it caught her completely on the hop, and it also told her that either Chris or Paul had blabbed. How else would the detectives know? Either blabbed or failed to remove Marilyn from the scene of that little crime.

These things make weak links of what were once strong links. She was on song with the dates, the places, the movements of her family, all that stuff, and doing a good job playing the part of the flustered busy housewife, with a full program.. but the insurance policy, whole other tack taken .

One thing that still baffles me .

Chris and Lynette go the counsellor on Friday, and Lynn goes back to work after that and tells the girls about the neck hold thing.

That night, Helena rings, Lynn has had a Mickey Flynn shot, and tells Helena things are ok.

Lynn gets up and 'goes shopping' the next morning, getting a lift with Chris to the bus stop.

But Marilyn tells us that her and Paul were already at the Caravan Park, up the coast, out of touch. ( no mobile phones then ) .

So where are the two little girls Friday night and Saturday morning?. they must have been with Daddy , having slept thru Daddy killing Mummy, and Daddy burying Mummy, . no one else had them at that time frame. They were at home, with Daddy and Mummy's dead body.

And while we wait, riddle me this my fellow WS who are far more knowledgeable than I in legal proceedings....

Why aren’t the admissions of both Chris and Joanne alone that they were having sex when she was 16 enough to have Chris charged?

and why isn't Paul charged with the same crime? with the same person. It isn't illegal to do this with your twin brother right next to you, but it's a bit unhygienic, even though there is no law against it .

and why isn't Paul charged with the same crime? with the same person. It isn't illegal to do this with your twin brother right next to you, but it's a bit unhygienic, even though there is no law against it .
I don’t recall Chris or Paul admitting to having a threesome with Joanne though when she was 16. I’ll have to go back and double check though. I only recall Joanne saying that and I don’t think she specifically declared her age at the time. Could have been once Lyn had gone and she’d turned 17

Oh and being that they went without showers for days during their footy trips I don’t think hygiene was big on their agenda. But I agree Trooper. Ewwww

I don’t recall Chris or Paul admitting to having a threesome with Joanne though when she was 16. I’ll have to go back and double check though.

They don't admit to that, although Paul admits to sexual activity with Joanne. And then he later refutes this, but not with other schoolgirls of the same age.

It is Joanne who claims this event, not just a one-off, either, and I have no reason to disbelieve her.

I think Chris and Paul are loathe to admit to that, because it has a whole lot of other connotations, where Joanna isn't the actual focus of the activity, and they, the twin brothers , as usual, are.

I agree Marilyn is the weakest link. But only on the basis that Chris & Paul's 'games' have been rock solid for over 36 years. Yes there have been inconsistencies, perhaps many, but have those inconsistencies been exploited in 36 long years? - no sir!

Chris & Paul are fairly seasoned presenters and don't seem to lack confidence, even under the pump.

Thing is, how much does Marilyn really know?

Yes, she may well have falsified documents, and yes, she might be aware Lyn is unlikely to have just walked off into the sunset. But why would Chris & Paul burden Marilyn with knowledge of how Lyn died and where she rests? That makes zero sense to me.

I think the most Marilyn is likely to know is something from Paul along the lines of : Chris and Lyn had an argument. Chris lost his temper and there was an accident.

I agree Marilyn is the weakest link. But only on the basis that Chris & Paul's 'games' have been rock solid for over 36 years. Yes there have been inconsistencies, perhaps many, but have those inconsistencies been exploited in 36 long years? - no sir!

Chris & Paul are fairly seasoned presenters and don't seem to lack confidence, even under the pump.

Thing is, how much does Marilyn really know?

Yes, she may well have falsified documents, and yes, she might be aware Lyn is unlikely to have just walked off into the sunset. But why would Chris & Paul burden Marilyn with knowledge of how Lyn died and where she rests? That makes zero sense to me.

I think the most Marilyn is likely to know is something from Paul along the lines of : Chris and Lyn had an argument. Chris lost his temper and there was an accident.

Quite likely CH but Marilyn sure as hell knows Lyn didn’t jump on that bus. So she has info that can be used to drive a wedge between the threesome (different 3 for clarity. Chris, Paul, Marilyn) I think that will be critical for a breakthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland