Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have History in the Watched Threads. I just went thru all of mine and there were pages of them back to 2013 and from the old sight. I believe they are all threads I might have commented on though.

Click on Watched Threads and on the bottom left it says Show All Watched Threads. Click on that and they will show up. If you want to get rid of some just click on the box next to the title and at the bottom left it gives you options.

On this new sight I don't always comment to watch a thread. I just click the eyeglass symbol in the upper right of the thread and then I am subscribed.

I hope this is clearer than mud.

I thought that eyeglass was the search function? That's how I use it anyway.

HISTORY IS BACK....at least for me.

It's like Christmas over here.

THANK YOU DAVE!

A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
~ Marcus Garvey

:rolleyes::p:D;):):oops:

HISTORY IS BACK....at least for me.

It's like Christmas over here.

THANK YOU DAVE!

A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
~ Marcus Garvey

:rolleyes::p:D;):):oops:

Dancing!!!

Do not get your hopes up too much, it may stay or it may not.

Thud .... aww Dave. Hope it stays (eventually). You keep plodding along. It will all coordinate smoothly one day. Thanks for the hard work.

Do not get your hopes up too much, it may stay or it may not.

I'd never had a chance to use it. Jumped right into a thread. Will give it a try if/when you decide whether it stays. Besides not being able to delete posts, no problems for me with the new format. Learning to use it as I go.

Thank you for all your hard work helping making all go along so smoothly.

It had been pointed out mockingly by a sleuther in convo, that the liaison has been spelled wrong. I never gave a hoot about the spelling. I was more worried about the extra attention and unpleasant antics that go along.

It struck me as such that people may not understand what's expected of a liaison actually, since the spelling was unfamiliar to whomever worked on the titles for staff.

From my experience, a liaison is if anything not a diplomat. It requires being up front and credible so people who wouldn't normally communicate try to. So, it's not exactly diplomat, or a moderator or an Admin.

Maybe what you had in mind with liaison is more a role somebody in protocol would play, but that could be nitpicking.

Last edited:
I'd never had a chance to use it. Jumped right into a thread. Will give it a try if/when you decide whether it stays. Besides not being able to delete posts, no problems.

Thank you for all your hard work helping making all go along so smoothly.

It had been pointed out mockingly by a sleuther in convo, that the liaison has been spelled wrong. I never gave a hoot about the spelling. I was more worried about the extra attention and unpleasant antics that go along.

It struck me as such that people may not understand what's expected of a liaison actually, since the spelling was unfamiliar.

From my experience, a liaison is if anything not a diplomat. It requires being up front and credible so people who wouldn't normally communicate try to. So it's not exactly diplomat, or a moderator or an Admin.

Maybe what you had in mind with liaison is more a role somebody in protocol would play, but that's nitpicking.
Color me confused.

"An Ode to History"

Yea History!
When you were gone it was all a mystery
Never go away
You made some pray
You were like our beltway
To rule out the hearsay
We welcome you back
Cause we feared a hack
Stay stay stay
And avoid our dismay

Chorus:

Make up your own chorus
Or use your thesaurus !!!!!.......................................

Last edited:
I will be rebooting the database, should be down for less than a minute

Dave. My I please request that you remove me from notable/staff and title as well.

I never volunteered for it. I was asked at the spur of the moment when Tricia needed help and agreed to be nice.

I'm sure Tricia will approve. I'm not finding it very pleasant. It puts me right in the cross hairs of those who take issue with me. Sad to see things go this way.

Last edited:
Every thread has a link at the top which says Watch Thread. To watch a thread, click on that and a box will come up and ask you to confirm you want to watch the thread. Unwatching works the same way.

If you post a comment in a thread, there is no need to do the above--it automatically becomes a watched thread.

Then, when you want to see all of your watched threads, click the Watched Threads tab at the top of the website. I've made a bookmark on my device for watched threads which would be the same for anyone on the forum. This is the link:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/watched/threads

I get what you are saying Gardenista, and I think your points are accurate on the Watched Read, Watched thread. For me it’s not so much as the content end all being the same, my point is the simple EASE of History versus going to Watched threads. Either if going to the bottom or clicking on a box to confirm, these are additional steps; cumbersome in regards to what we were accustomed to on the old site.

In regards to freeing up space, I think the multitude pages of old watched threads dating back to 2010 are much more voluminous than the 50 thread maximum cap in History on one page.

I’m not at all implying those should be swapped out or deleted for History, I am making the comparison only for the sake of History to NOT BE DELETED. It’s a lifesaver for navigating the changes and beyond.

I think Watched Threads has more to it than History. You don't have the option to remove those threads. I have about 25 pages of Watched Threads and only 1 page of History. imho

Yes I think that's probably correct. The history does include threads I have not posted in however. Eg. Closed threads I select to perform a search or to read only. Then it is added as my number one in my history, even though it is not a thread I necessarily posted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus