Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoGirl

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like each time I pop in to check on new developments in this case, I find myself wondering if MsFacetious is actually my 'other self', posting my innermost thoughts. (though my other self would have spelled my name differently. lol)

I just spell things the way they are supposed to be spelled. Glad someone agrees with my nutty ramblings, I'm usually on my own!

He hasn't been charged with murder yet, so how could he make a deal.

Prosecutors have until 3:30 Monday for charges. He is expected in court Tuesday at 10:00 to be formally charged.

I don't think you can make a formal until until formal charges are filed. I mean there could be a "if you tell us where they are we won't seek the death penalty" but it wouldn't be something they could be held to. At least I don't think so. It's a little odd for sure. I'm glad it happened, I would not have wanted them to stay out there any longer. I'm just not sure why it happened the way it did.

Just my opinion, but knowing how CW thinks won't help spot the next one. To be sure, there may be similarities between one crazy and the next. But I think aside from the basic "flatline" of their personalities, each crazy figures out what type of manipulation and usage of people works best for them. All we can do is pay attention and listen to our instincts when our conscious and subconscious are trying to tell us something important.

I don't recall where I read a statistic (maybe the book The Gift of Fear, which I and others have mentioned before) about how we consciously are aware of a very small fraction of all the information available to us in our interactions with the world. Our subconscious picks up on a lot more info, which it feeds to our intuition, our gut feelings, the hunches we cannot explain.

We consciously try to explain away those intuitive, interior thought processes, to our detriment, usually, sometimes in small ways, and sometimes with severe consequences.

I think Shannan's friend who went to the house to check on her was listening to her nudges, and acted on them.

The Gift of Fear should be required reading in like 9th grade, or before you get your driver's license. It's amazing and eye opening. I'm having my 14 year old read it.

When trying to find the effects of oil/gas immersion on a body,
I found some reference to these substances could cause blistering of the skin. So I wonder if the chemical changes
caused by this could make it difficult in determing COD.

I'm so sorry Bella and Cece....

The case where the father claimed the mom told him she killed the kids and then he freaked out and then killed the mom was Christian Longo. Of course he killed them all and was convicted.

That is the one I was thinking of. I'm sure there have been others but he's the one I remembered.

Most baby monitors are just a live feed, they do not actually record any footage. I am not personally aware of any that record, unless they were using something else as a baby monitor.

You are correct as far as I know. Though it's certainly possible they could have used an inexpensive security camera as a baby monitor which would have allowed recording. Shanann doesn't strike me as the type. I think she probably went for a regular baby monitor, if there was one at all. Maybe someone who has been through the social media noticed one?

I believe that C.W. 's behavior and actions are parallel to Jeffrey MacDonald's.

They both demonstrated narcissistic rage at a psychopathic level when killing their wives and children.

I happen to think that the girls woke up to the sounds of fighting and that they were killed after 2:00 a.m., same as S.W.

You may find this article (below) fascinating. A forensic psychologist has placed murderers in specific categories, according to psychopathy.

On The Scale Of Evil, Where Do Murderers Rate?

Last edited:
Re: Shanann's lupus

She belonged to at least one online support group and, within that group, discussed her struggles with lupus. That's not media speculation, that is from her own posts. They were public in that anyone in the group could see them.

In my opinion the toddlers were killed before SW got home at 2 am on Monday morning. No one knows the chain of events that occurred after she walked through the door but it obviously resulted in her being callously murdered sometime before the neighbor sighted CW at 5:15.

I haven’t really followed a lot of cases in the last few years (Casey Anthony damaged my soul) with the exception being Cooper Harris but this one has gripped me unlike any other in a very long time. It’s absolutely chilling to consider exactly what on earth happened inside that home that evening/early morning.

I cannot fathom how such a monster could be lurking underneath the bright and smiling pictures of CW all over FB. I guess that is what is so compelling about this case. The fact that things are not always what they appear to be and pure evil can be looming underneath the facade of happy smiles and contentment.

And it's another one of the miscalculations this couple made moving out to Colorado in 2012.

Not having been in the area more than a year, and having the primary breadwinner making only about $60K a year, they bought a fairly expensive 4700 ft2 5 bedroom new home with a 3 car garage and a relatively modest HOA of $52 a month, despite being childless and owing student loans. Sure, they were planning a family, but 5 bedrooms was excessive and they had a student loan debt. A home that size take a lot of money to furnish, heck - even window coverings other than sheets easily add up to $2000-$3000 quickly.

It only took 2 years, even while she had taken a part-time job before their first baby and they were already declaring bankruptcy - the only way to allow them to stay in the house

I wonder if she had been hiding all the mail with the delinquent HOA notices threatening legal action and he found them during the 6 weeks she was away. A certified letter with a court date for a lawsuit can certainly get your stress level wayy up, and that court date was this week.

Last edited:
Going back to his interview -

It is extremely telling how CW talks about his family in past tense.. usjng WAS/WERE instead of IS as if he knew they would not be returning.

This must have been the first clue to LE that something was very wrong with CW and his story.

Jmo

After looking through her very public Facebook photos (and the doll on a couch is still there - just not 0n her timeline) I gotta be honest, her marketing of Le-Vel was pretty excellent and I can easily see how people get sucked in.

On the other hand, I can see how doing so much of this marketing would take a LOT of time. I would guess it's gotta be more time consuming than a full time job especially with all that travel.

My thought on the doll is: Isn't it pretty common for little girls to cover dolls' head when they're 'sleeping'? I'm not bothered by this photo.

Re: Shanann's lupus

She belonged to at least one online support group and, within that group, discussed her struggles with lupus. That's not media speculation, that is from her own posts. They were public in that anyone in the group could see them.

I posted this back in thread 1 or 2, but am posting again since some may have missed it. Her FB post says that she was diagnosed with Fibro and Lupus the same year she met CW, which was 2010.

Shanann Watts

Going back to his interview -

It is extremely telling how CW talks about his family in past tense.. usjng WAS/WERE instead of IS as if he knew they would not be returning.

This must have been the first clue to LE that something was very wrong with CW and his story.

Jmo

Yes, I imagine part of the current LE playbook on searching for missing persons is to listen very very carefully for all the first words out of the mouths of their closest associates and those claiming to be the last to see them.

And hence my comment about Baby Monitors. He mentions it specifically in one of his first media comments. Like he is reassuring himself he wasn't caught on the baby monitors, or that he showed something awful to her. They are on his mind in those first crucial public comments. Stuff we need to pay attention to.

I am relieved that LE does have her phone. His haste to get back to the house Monday morning could certainly be because he didnt clean up the scene or tamper with her phone in his haste to get her body out of the house between 2 am and 5 am.....

I sure hope it's all there.

In my opinion the toddlers were killed before SW got home at 2 am on Monday morning. No one knows the chain of events that occurred after she walked through the door but it obviously resulted in her being callously murdered sometime before the neighbor sighted CW at 5:15.

I haven’t really followed a lot of cases in the last few years (Casey Anthony damaged my soul) with the exception being Cooper Harris but this one has gripped me unlike any other in a very long time. It’s absolutely chilling to consider exactly what on earth happened inside that home that evening/early morning.

I cannot fathom how such a monster could be lurking underneath the bright and smiling pictures of CW all over FB. I guess that is what is so compelling about this case. The fact that things are not always what they appear to be and pure evil can be looming underneath the facade of happy smiles and contentment.

what is really concerning is that young ins these days are not getting the realities of life

noone is walking around their lives in a periannel state of smile

the facial muscles are not designed for that !

I learned so much from going thro her insta deal

wow it borders on delusional self representation.

at some quiet level I would think it would stifle ability to need someone and talk to them --

imo it is like a really crooked used car salesman -- the car is awesome but driving it home it shorts out catches fire tires pop

Obviously here -- it is no different than false advertising .

Had no clue

my limited exposure to insta was like on mass shooters where they are posting machine guns on line -- at some level that is authentic

and to be frank i think at some level it reminds me of my older sister -- so much money -- on the outside it all looks so good (she has incredible relationship with her kid) but the two of them husband dont really like each other

it also has triggered stuff as it relates to father and stepmother -- their house is like CW -- you truly cant tell if anyone is actually living in either place

there like museums-- they all have (we grew up that way) with maids -- the step witch needs a maid like a hole in the head the older sister tidies up before the maid comes -- give me a break --

stepwitch has the maid to complain about her maid at the country club

my point here (which as usual I am being long winded ) their house is just like that - there are four homsapians and a priceless canine living inside those walls
everything is endlessly perfect (step mothers is really like that )

personally I love seeing a couple of doggie bones all over some doggie hair is kinda cool cw kitchen is like that going into the step mothers place -- really easier not to touch anything

go back and look at the insta except that one pic (which interestingly with some hindsight was my favorite _ is the clothes all over the floor!!

its fake moo

Last edited:
And it's another one of the miscalculations this couple made moving out to Colorado in 2012.

Not having been in the area more than a year, and having the primary breadwinner making only about $60K a year, they bought a fairly expensive 4700 ft2 5 bedroom new home with a 3 car garage and a relatively modest HOA of $52 a month, despite being childless and owing student loans. Sure, they were planning a family, but 5 bedrooms was excessive and they had a student loan debt. A home that size take a lot of money to furnish, heck - even window coverings other than sheets easily add up to $2000-$3000 quickly.

It only took 2 years, even while she had taken a part-time job before their first baby and they were already declaring bankruptcy - the only way to allow them to stay in the house

I wonder if she had been hiding all the mail with the delinquent HOA notices threatening legal action and he found them during the 6 weeks she was away. A certified letter with a court date for a lawsuit can certaily get your stress level wayy up, and that court date was this week.

I was thinking that he had 6 weeks to contemplate the debt they were in while he was alone. But you are right - he definitely could have found some stashed mail and past-due notices. He might not have even known there was a court date coming up. I don't know how other husbands are, but my husband definitely would have put a halt to all my travel and gender reveal parties, etc., and told me to get my priorities straight and quit spending money. (And like I posted in the last thread, nothing is free. Those all-inclusive vacations she was winning were costing something.)

After looking through her very public Facebook photos (and the doll on a couch is still there - just not 0n her timeline) I gotta be honest, her marketing of Le-Vel was pretty excellent and I can easily see how people get sucked in.

On the other hand, I can see how doing so much of this marketing would take a LOT of time. I would guess it's gotta be more time consuming than a full time job especially with all that travel.

My thought on the doll is: Isn't it pretty common for little girls to cover dolls' head when they're 'sleeping'? I'm not bothered by this photo.
I taught preschool for 14 years. That photo does not concern or disturb me at all. I see nothing unusual. They frequently tuck dolls in like that by pulling the covers up too high. Also, I actually sleep with covers over my head so who knows maybe they see people sleeping like that idk but it's just not an unusual play action in my experience.

I wonder if she had been hiding all the mail with the delinquent HOA notices threatening legal action and he found them during the 6 weeks she was away. A certified letter with a court date for a lawsuit can certaily get your stress level wayy up, and that court date was this week.

So he wasn't allowed to check the mailbox nor open the mail?

She must have been real great at hiding all the bills then. Nay?

Lol. Just kidding. But seriously. He probably overseen every penny in that house and hated her new independence with her traveling job. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa