Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew, within watching 3.5 seconds of that video, that he killed them. Not one iota of doubt. Jaw-dropping, that was. He may as well have been wearing a sign.

That psychologist was a total idiot. My cat could give a more accurate analysis.

And I just scroll and roll right on past the oil tank info. I do not need those details. I know enough.

I think he returned from NC with the understanding they were separating. She would return for her AZ trip and he could spend that time with the girls and they would have the gender reveal party (sorry, I am old skool and think those are silly and a blatant gift-grab) and then they were done. He couldn't stand that.He had the idea that he would use those six weeks to woo her back and it didn't work. He took the girls to the birthday party because that's what good dads do. He then killed them and got rid of the bodies. When SW came home, they had their emotional conversation when he told her what he'd done and then he killed her as well. Because if he couldn't have his family, no one else was going to.

I did a bit of reading about Thrive,both the products and the company. Okay, the patch? Yeah, go get a case of Red Bull and some cute cartoon Band-Aids. Same effect. Probably cheaper. But what an utterly clever marketing tool those patches are. Unlike HRT patches or pain patches or quit smoking ones, these are FANCY! And stylish and pricey and cutting edge. And you can show them off in SM. Very clever.

The company LeVel (ugh the marketing geniuses were on holiday that day) is very typical MLM. Had family friends go down this road many years ago when we still lived in Michigan in the States. It is very cult like. Our family friends remind me a bit of CW and SW in that they always presented as perfect. For a backyard barbeque, they'd show up in all new outfits, head to toe, the newest bags, shoes, sunglasses and bring the $30 bottle of wine. Me, I'd wear my fancy Birkies, you know? They were like the most perfectly turned out family, ever, always. All due to living the _________ lifestyle! And this guy, he had an MBA from Michigan State, no dummy but he believed this 1000%. It was his religion. I can't explain it any other way. Very strange to see happen.

This is a fictional account of MLM. The Joneses.

I do think this Thrive thing factors in. More the lifestyle goal thing rather than the actual product. Not shading SW in any way, my heart breaks for her and those children. But do they have a pregnant Thrive patch? That's a heck of a lot of caffeine.

Just my musings on this tragic case. You know, off yourself, you turd. Leave your wife and kids alone.

MOO

I see him meeting someone at a fitness center, I also wonder if he had a trainer. He's seriously buff now.
I could see him meeting a woman at a fitness center during those six weeks that SW was away, but he seems to be socially awkward. Remember he sent SW a friend request on FB to get things going? To me, based on the limited info that we see, he seemed more dependent on SW to supply the fun and friends. He went along for the ride. The terms he used to describe SW on the video and then to describe himelf, seemed to show some hostility as though he felt kind and nurturing and Shannon rampaged over him.

I think her poor friend Nicole holds the key to most of the questions being put out here.
Poor lady. My heart goes out to her. Hugs to her friend for caring. No way I’m sure she ever could have imagined...or could she have? I wonder if she serve as state’s witness, not only for making the wellness check call, but perhaps testifying about the content of her discussions with Shanann.

CW did two interviews. In either of those interviews, he always calls Bella and Celeste as 'the kids', instead of 'my daughters' or my 'children' or 'my babies'. He also never described Shannan as 'my wife'.

He uses phrases like 'there wasn't anybody here', 'nobody was here', 'I want everybody back', 'the kids wern't here'. Never heard him say 'I want my family back'.

I think he really has detached himself from his family. In his mind, he killed a woman and two kids, not his wife and his children. It's so cold.

Also, the "her people" remarks kind of made me say "hmmmm." Such separation.

WOW, you describe an utterly exhausting life consumedby MLM

Thanks for the insight

This is exactly why I think MLM companies need to be exposed. They can and do wreck marriages. One spouse is all pumped up from the positive cheerleading convention, while the other spouse was home with the kids, and a pile of unpaid bills.

This scenario has happened over and over. Often, the spouse with a job, may give an ultimatum, "Me or your MLM". Read the PDF file I posted earlier for that exact scenario. Read Pinktruth.com, to see how MLM devastates marriages. The MLM even gives out dialogue on how to respond to "negative spouses".

It is a crazy shell game, not a job, and definitely not a career. It relies on criminal thinking, to get people signed up, to do more sales. That is not a business. A business model does not rely on having 100,000 McDonald's in a city!

I wish more people would understand the devastation addiction to MLM can create. It is like living with a person who converted to a new, fanatical religion. One that does not allow room for empirical analysis.

I see him meeting someone at a fitness center, I also wonder if he had a trainer. He's seriously buff now.
Same here. Or maybe a chick on the trails if he went running/hiking or bicycling regularly. Or yoga?

LE would know this from phone records, (if he didn’t have a burner phone) if he even had a girlfriend: mistress, which is likely, imo.

C
This may not be terribly relevant but it does make me wonder.. The patches that Shanann was wearing during her pregnancy had to have been borderline not safe. I was looking at the ingredients of these patches and they're totally bizarre..at best they do nothing, at worst they poison you. CoQ10 lowers blood pressure, willow bark is basically aspirin and it has three different kinds of caffeine.

It looks like her husband was also using these...was he also using steroids?

I think this MLM she was with will play some kind of role in all this. They're always a bit cultish and mysterious but in her case it seems to have been what she needed for a boost in her confidence. Was he jealous, feeling left out? Don't couples usually get involved in these kind of things together...considering they're all consuming?

Could you provide a link to this? I am curious also as to the ingredients in these patch things. Thanks :)

I noticed one of her posts that her father has on his FB page she says "It's never easy everyday with the obstacles we have with their health" ( talking about her daughters). I wonder what health problems they had? On the first day they were ' missing' it was also stated her phone, purse and the children's medicines were still at the house.

I was also wondering if the poor children had health issues - on her Insta there are a couple of photos of them sick wearing respirators of some kind. Does anyone know?

Look at the video at the 6:44 mark. He makes a comment about "where they're at right now" and then touches his hair. That is is a nervous reaction that people do when they are not telling the truth.

Chris Watts' affidavit expected to be made public Monday

“An affidavit explaining why investigators believe a Colorado husband and father murdered his pregnant wife and family is expected to be made public Monday, when he will be formally charged, CBS News correspondent Carter Evans reports. “

Snip

“A former FBI profiler told CBSN the televised plea for the return of his wife and young daughters showed arrogance and a lack of empathy. Mary Ellen O'Toole said Watts' interview speaks to what he thinks is his ability to be persuasive.

"When somebody kills their own family and then they go on TV to say 'But I didn't have anything to do with it,' that ability to be so very sure of your own interpersonal skills that you can attempt to fool a national and international audience is very unusual," said O'Toole. "That's a lot of arrogance and confidence that you could pull this off, and that's not typical."

——
@gitana1 - would this be the probable cause affidavit?
( If so, be forewarned, it might be graphic and very hard to read. You don’t ever want to see the PCA from Jessica’s Ridgeway’s case...)

Last edited:
I didn't have to see his interview to know he killed them all. The simple facts, on first blush, made him the suspect for me. I can't read every thread or open every file offered herein, so I missed a lot, but when I read that the house was locked, her car, purse and cell phone were home, but the baby's blankets were missing - I convicted him. I didn't see his interview until after his confession. Here is what I picked up on, in hindsight.

He wasn't distraught. He said he was, but his face and eyes didn't show it. What showed was deception when he was rather nonchalant about her leaving on her own, after the 'emotional discussion', knowing the evidence uncovered already by LE. By the time of the interview, the evidence revealed that would have had to leave on foot and without essentials, after he left for work, leaving a car in the drive. Preposterous. He knew it was preposterous to say and expect anyone to believe. That she wouldn't be plugged into SM and in contact with her parents is too ridiculous a thought to even talk about. Had she left on her own, this would not have been a missing person report because mom and dad or brother would have told LE 'no, she left on her own, we know where she is, you can go check it out, but don't tell him". And they would have.

He showed deception when he talked about someone having them as in a kidnapping. He knew that LE knew that the doors were all locked from the inside and that there was no sign of forced entry or struggle anywhere. He knows that what he is saying is preposterous.

He even had to laugh at how ridiculous his excuses were in light of what LE was uncovering around him. That was nervous laughter. His emotions, although hidden, were running wild inside.

Those deceptive 'tells' are everywhere.

"I want them back" told everyone they were dead, some got it, some didn't, but also that he wishes he had not done all of this. We all want our deceased loved ones to 'come back' and get a do-over, even when they die of natural causes or old age. That remorse came after a night alone in the murder scene when the realization sunk in that they would never come home again. The magnitude of what he'd done hit him that night. He wanted a do-over.

The tee shirt was a most recent gift from his wife, whom he had murdered. He wore it to feel her with him. He wanted to feel close to her again. He may have leaned on her emotionally in the past and was missing that support. So, the shirt. Which he HUGS to his heart through the interview. He is hugging and rocking with her. Nothing more, nothing less.

"They are my life" when talking about his daughters. They probably were. His life had been turned into big financial mess while his responsibilities grew and all in a little over 5 years. He had no life outside of them. This was more of an admission that "they sucked my life out of me" statement than one of "can't live without them".

I think he got overwhelmed and struck out. I don't think there was a plan at all.

I believe he is remorseful. His father convinced him to come forward and not prolong the torture for everyone. I do not think his father was giving him legal advice on how to avoid the death penalty, I think the father was asking the son to examine his conscience and to own up to what he had done. Guilt and remorse resulted in the confession. My opinion.

I don't think he is being smug or whatever. He knows his fate is doomed, he knows he killed his babies and his wife, he knows his very soul is in trouble. He knows he will pay a heavy price and he knows he deserves it. I see depression and sorrow on him. Sorrow for himself and for the ones he murdered and all of the people who grieve these children and their mother.

I can't see ANY remorse. It's like he has no emotion. Watching that interview he doesn't even wince like he is even trying to hold anything back. He is too calm. Too smooth. It makes my stomach turn.

I was also wondering if the poor children had health issues - on her Insta there are a couple of photos of them sick wearing respirators of some kind. Does anyone know?

I do not remember seeing those pictures so no answer for that but will say the times I have been in Colorado I could not breathe that well and it is unbeliveable how many people I saw toting oxygen. The higher you go into the mountains the harder it is.
Many including children have a hard time because of the altitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member