Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do posters not think that maybe CW just made up the story about separating, when he spoke with Nickole, just to try to explain away her disappearance ? He's such an easy liar.

"Atkinson said Shannan and her husband appeared to have a happy marriage but said they had been having issues about three weeks prior to the murders.

'He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is,' she said.

It has since emerged that the couple had discussed plans to separate but Atkinson said her friend never spoke to her about leaving her husband

No, she did not talk about leaving him or separating. She very much loved her family and wanted to be a family,' Atkinson said.

'I didn't find out that they were going to separate or anything like that until I called Chris that morning. When I called him and asked him where she was, that's when he told me and I basically told him that that wasn't my (concern) at that particular moment.'

Friend of Colorado mother wasn't shocked by husband's arrest | Daily Mail Online

Order: MOTION TO COMPEL PATHOLOGIST TO TAKE DNA SWAB OF THROATS OF DECEDENT CHILDREN (D-20) The motion/proposed order attached hereto: ACTION TAKEN. The court has reviewed the motion. The court is not aware of the prosecutions position. The motion is granted. If the prosecution seeks reconsideration they may contact the court to schedule a forthwith telephone hearing on the record. Issue Date: 8/17/2018

Can you link that? Just click on the document and copy the address.

I didn’t get the impression that the statement about how he looked was about CW’s physical appearance. He was concerned if people thought he looked guilty. He wanted to be believed and worried he wasn’t convincing enough. This is typical for someone in his position I would think.
Agree

I'm a dispatcher, and police doing a welfare check will break in when they feel there is a reason and an immediate concern. Likely with your daughter's ex they didn't find any reason to break in, with Shanann they likely did have a reason to break in (if that's what happened). It's just case by case.

What that reason was, we just don't know. There's so much we don't know yet.

I think pregnant and with two small kids and missing a doctor's appointment would do it!

Well. Thereby lies a tale. He had a lot of tales. I don't remember the exact sequence but at one point he claimed his wife had killed one or all of the children and he snapped and killed her. He was apprehended in Mexico where he was impersonating a NYT (I think, maybe WSJ?) reporter who had been disgraced and eventually, in prison, became pen pals with the reporter,who wrote a book.

The DNA swabs on the girls' necks made me wonder if CW had something like that in mind as a defense. Would there be a reason to ask for the neck specifically otherwise? Is there a better chance of just generally finding DNA there? I understand the control swabs, but the neck specifically makes me curious. Or does it mean nothing out of the ordinary?

Could the scientist himself want to know the truth before he commits to a Pro Bono assignment?

Do posters not think that maybe CW just made up the story about separating, when he spoke with Nickole, just to try to explain away her disappearance ? He's such an easy liar.

"Atkinson said Shannan and her husband appeared to have a happy marriage but said they had been having issues about three weeks prior to the murders.

'He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is,' she said.

It has since emerged that the couple had discussed plans to separate but Atkinson said her friend never spoke to her about leaving her husband

No, she did not talk about leaving him or separating. She very much loved her family and wanted to be a family,' Atkinson said.

'I didn't find out that they were going to separate or anything like that until I called Chris that morning. When I called him and asked him where she was, that's when he told me and I basically told him that that wasn't my (concern) at that particular moment.'

Friend of Colorado mother wasn't shocked by husband's arrest | Daily Mail Online

- CW had been acting weird for 3 weeks.
- Had his lies ready quickly for the friend.

Hmm. I'm starting to take a few steps away from my "snapped theory". Something seems to have been slowly building up there. But what!?

I seem to have forgot the reason of why the neck DNA swab was initially refused by the judge???
Actually I am really confused by this whole swab thing period the mo0re I read here.

if i went to far/deep with this post or broke any rules please delete ........

Its possible he thought she was cheating and the baby wasn't his. no excuse for what he did
..this is just my opinion from observations from fb. There is another "C"in her thrive family, their online comment interactions/offline pics made he think this. I know he's married as well and I think there is a video of both families together. Also the other "C" recently moved back to NC where shes been 6 weeks. She was 15wks pregnant, at what would have been around the time of conception their was a trip with pics and I don't see "CW" but I see other "C" now this is just from looking at fb i could be wrong but it could explain him losing it, maybe "CW" questioned the girls about this.
Please don't attack me for my post. I'm just adding another possibility.
I'm curious were SW and the other C childhood friends. He's also from NC.
I'm only saying its possible CW believed this not that its true.. still no reason for what he did.
I think its possible he's been hiding these feelings and her leaving all that time to be in NC were the guy he thought she was cheating with, just made him more angry. He's sitting home watching the kids while shes out doing that and then she doesn't come home until 2am on a Sunday morning 3hrs before he was supposed to go to work.
I really think all this came to a head and he lost it. She went to leave in her car he threatened the kids ran up to their room and blocked her in there and forced her to watch him kill the kids and then killed her.
In his warped mind his power was restored, he got his revenge and all his $$ problems were gone. Thats why there seems to be no planning. I just think he felt emasculated, jealous etc and held all that in until she walked in that door at 2am.
I agree but- I feel he killed her in a rage for all the reasons you listed, then after having two kids all weekend, decided there was no way he was going to get stuck with them full time, plus it would make his story more believable if he said she left, taking the kids with her.

Order: MOTION TO COMPEL PATHOLOGIST TO TAKE DNA SWAB OF THROATS OF DECEDENT CHILDREN (D-20)
The motion/proposed order attached hereto: ACTION TAKEN. The court has reviewed the motion. The court is not aware of the prosecutions position. The motion is granted. If the prosecution seeks reconsideration they may contact the court to schedule a forthwith telephone hearing on the record. Colorado Judicial Branch

this is creepy, why?

I said this shortly before. What if the little girls ingested a massive amount of Thrive? Wild thought I know but it could explain the motion.

this is the only order I can see that was removed. 08/20-2018 ORDER RE DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PRESERVE AND PRODUCE (D-7) is the only one I see that is gone?
Can you link that? Just click on the document and copy the address.

This is the order that is about the swabs.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/ORDER RE MOTION TO COMPEL PATHOLOGIST TO TAKE DNA SWAB OF THROATS OF DECENDENT CHILDREN (D20).pdf
This one about the throats is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member