Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that many people are disappointed with LE because I think it's human nature to want to know all the details, we're curious and wanted to know more. But, I truly think that they had reasons for keeping so much quiet. Also, it's not lost on me days after the father goes home they find his baby. It's all just so sad.

I think that LE will catch this guy if they haven't already. It seems to me that the area near where she went missing had very likely already been searched pretty thoroughly. In MOO if she was found very close to where she went missing that would mean her body has very recently been put there. It would be very obvious to the medical examiner how long she had been outside exposed to the elements. To me, this means that the perp is indeed local. The last thing someone from out of town would do is risk getting caught by putting her body back where he abducted her. If the don't already have a suspect than you can bet every home near the location will be searched and DNA will be collected, let's hope she fought like hell and got some evidence. Also, it should be pretty easy to either rule in or out a connection with Abby or Libby if they have DNA.. all this MOO

"searched pretty thoroughly" - It would be very hard to actually search all the outlying areas that thoroughly, though. A lot of fields and rolling hills, a lot of sparse woodland, a LOT of square mileage.

@AnaPisces I share your thoughts and you know I love you.
Grief never takes a holiday it seems. :(
865630-bigthumbnail.jpg

You two are the best!

There was a traffic delay reported a half hour ago at the I-380 and I-80 interchange. Wondering if that is the site she was found.

I went through that interchange this morning just as the news came out. There was a police SUV stopped on 380 northbound with lights on but no other LE presence that I saw. There’s no unusual LE activity on I80 between Iowa City and Des Moines either.

We don't know how they handled it all, we were only privy to things they said in press conferences, and basically nothing else. People have speculated up the wazoo, as is typical, but what we actually know about the investigation is precious little. And that's how it always is in criminal cases. The public will never be told more than is absolutely necessary. Curiosity isn't a right to know.

And if it was up to some people around here, they'd have LE post everything they know... including who they suspect and don't suspect which would be a nightmare. And anyone who confessed, could later recant if there wasn't enough evidence, and just say they heard it on TV.

Let's let the professionals do what they are good at. The rest of us need to be respectful that maybe we aren't as experienced or smart are they are.

I know that many people are disappointed with LE because I think it's human nature to want to know all the details, we're curious and wanted to know more. But, I truly think that they had reasons for keeping so much quiet. Also, it's not lost on me days after the father goes home they find his baby. It's all just so sad.
The public still has no clue if she was taking from the house or something happened while she was jogging. You dont need to give details of how, just what.

Ugh, I know ads are necessary practically everywhere, but one on my browser just popped up one that said something like "Over 1700 amazing acres of land for sale just south of Des Moines." Really, algorithm? Very bad choice of timing.

I've been lurking here since the beginning...never joined in, as I had nothing helpful to say that hadn't been said already. I'm so sad to see this news. My heart goes out to all Mollie's friends and family, as well as all the beautiful and caring people of Websleuths who have been so deeply affected by this case, and all the other heartbreaking ones.

"searched pretty thoroughly" - It would be very hard to actually search all the outlying areas that thoroughly, though. A lot of fields and rolling hills, a lot of sparse woodland, a LOT of square mileage.

I guess it just depends on where she was found. We just don't have that information yet.

They told people what to look for 3 weeks later, did not dispel rumors and let things run rampant.

If LE spent their time dispelling rumors (which is like a pandemic virus spreading), they'd be doing nothing else all day every day, 24x7. They just do their work, which is what they're paid to do, and gather information and evidence.

I've been a follower of Websleuths for quite some time and have been reading and watching this case since Thread 1, but only recently became a member and this is my first post.

My heart sank this morning when I checked for new info, as I do every morning, I was still holding out hope for a different ending to this story. I pray for swift justice for Mollie, her family, friends and community. May she Rest In Peace.

I am anxious to see what information LE will have to share this evening.
Welcome Midwest, sorry you had to join at such a tragic time. I second your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyVoodoo123