Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is. This has happened for as long as mankind has been around. Many years ago no one heard of local cases -- but they still happened. Now with MSM we hear everything in real time. I don't think these things are any worse than they ever were except we just KNOW about it now. Center yourself and remember that as sad as this is, you did not know this person and you are not personally involved in this case. Send good thoughts to her family and do what you can to help local cases. Follow this case but don't take it personally. Don't let it break you. It is one case. There are many. And, somewhere out there, there are many wonderful things happening, too. We often have to go find those happy cases before we come back to the sad ones. Find a balance that you can be comfortable with. *Blessings*
Just want to add that for those that DO feel as if they know this family, and are personally feeling their pain, that is totally normal. Some people empathize more than others and their feelings are very real. We should never discount those feelings. I don't think people are letting this case break them, just that they can't help feeling other people's pain. You don't have to know the family at all. Appreciate your uplifting comments, and offering your advice.

IIRC it was said early in Mollie loved those dogs or dogs in general??? Anyhoo I will give to our local animal shelter. I remember when Diesel the bomb sniffing dog was killed when bomb detonated during search. I arrived at our shelter with bags of dog and cat food. I was thanked so kindly and stated this was in memory of Diesel. Employees replied how sorry "my dog" had passed. I burst into tears and did giggle thru tears driving home that they thought Diesel was my dog. I guess he kinda was-everybody's dog. So I will wait until tomorrow when my emotions are in check LOL

It doesn't matter what they thought but somewhere some dogs had a better life. You can only help the living.

Just want to add that for those that DO feel as if they know this family, and are personally feeling their pain, that is totally normal. Some people empathize more than others and their feelings are very real. We should never discount those feelings. I don't think people are letting this case break them, just that they can't help feeling other people's pain. You don't have to know the family at all. Appreciate your uplifting comments, and offering your advice.

Absolutely. There is nothing wrong with talking through this. This is why we're all here, right? Because we *care*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes