Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably fitbit/phone data. If she was dumped outside of her usual running circuit, then that’s the only way they would know, outside of a confession by somebody.

People walking their dogs* find bodies all the time. And it looks like the sort of area where someone might do that. Not to mention it was near a road and it IS summer. Those smells carry for a long way. (Sorry, but that's just the truth. And I speak from experience, not from a human body but from a large mammal.)

*and dogs often bring home body parts on their own

I have felt suicide from the start. Right or wrong, still feel that way. Guess we will know at 5...

Could I kindly ask why you have felt this way from the start? And anyone else who feels suicide please I would like to hear your reasoning. I’m very curious. I never thought about this angle of it.

Dear Iowa12,

I can only speak for myself about hope.

To me, there is always hope, always.

Unless and until it is proven that there is no hope.

This morning I learned there is no hope that Mollie is alive because we have been told that she isn't.

I believe that "hope" is embedded in the human condition. This is how I feel.
Hope can trump realism because you never know until you know.

I know that many people are disappointed with LE because I think it's human nature to want to know all the details, we're curious and wanted to know more. But, I truly think that they had reasons for keeping so much quiet. Also, it's not lost on me days after the father goes home they find his baby. It's all just so sad.

What do you mean "it's not lost on me days after the father goes home they find his baby."

Why would his going back to CA play any role here?

I am at work and my husband just texted me this sad news. I will check in here later today but just wanted to say I am so saddened to hear this. I wish for peace and comfort for her family in their unimaginable grief and hope justice will be served. Love to everyone here.

Had to step away from here for the past week because it was getting so repetitive. Sorry to hear that her body was found.
Unfortunately, this is the way I expected it to unfold. I doubted she was held captive. I see that some people are still postulating that she was hit by a drunk driver. I think we'll soon know that wasn't the case -- drunk drivers simply do not stop, scoop up the body and then relocate it, regardless of how many prior DUIs they might have.

Actually, this HAS happened and I provided a very long and detailed explanation of a crime in which that very thing occurred. Maybe not often but, I assure you, it does happen. Men don't generally hold onto the women that they abduct for years, and yet we have the Cleveland women, Jaycee Duggard, Natascha, and Elizabeth Smart (lesser time but still longer than most).

We all have our own ideas and speculations at this point but, in the end, is it really going to matter which one of us was right?

Bet it was someone close to her. Or suicide.
I have felt from day one it is someone known to her..maybe not real close but local.
I have never had the suicide vibe from Mollie's case...if that is what it ends up as the COD, I will need to take a break and brush up on my online/couch sleuth lesson 101

Last edited:
Could I kindly ask why you have felt this way from the start? And anyone else who feels suicide please I would like to hear your reasoning. I’m very curious. I never thought about this angle of it.
If I was contemplating suicide that last thing I'd be doing in the hours before was completing my homework. She was online doing school work before going missing.RIP dear girl - you will be dearly missed and I hope justice is served soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173