Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so terrible for all the people who were accused by the public of somehow being involved. From her devoted boyfriend to her father, to other people she knew...even to the weird pig farmer guy.

No one deserves what the public, who feel entitled because they've watched some CSI shows and started following a real case, dish out. It makes me sick to think of how many other victims are created all so people can pretend they're going to solve the case from their couch, hundreds of miles away. And their tactic is to accuse innocent people of all kinds of things because "that guy looks weird," or "my feeling is..." or "no one would ever do a, b, or c...and therefore he is probably involved..."

That’s part of sleuthing. Right or wrong. Family is always under scrutiny at first, then the circle expands. A tragedy like this creates a lot of victims.

I'm not so sure I believe his story about Mollie telling killer she was going to call the police. I think that's just part of his story. Oh I panicked due to my illegal status. It has been reported he drove past her several times before exiting his vehicle. I hardly think he was intending to invite her to coffee. He stalked her on that night. Had he stalked her prior? I think this will turn out to be a rape/murder with that being his intent from the start. A blitz attack. IMO

I won't be surprised if there was no sexual assault in this case. It sounds like her rejection of him angered him so much he killed her. It will be interesting to hear from ex girlfriends, etc. And also interested to see if his DNA leads to any other unsolved crimes.

Yes. Seems like someone who does something like this has a record of harassment, stalking, maybe sexual assault.

Ugh. His poor kid. What a legacy for her.

How do you know who his ex-girlfriend is? Just curious.
Just from snooping around his Facebook. There is a picture of a child CR's first few pictures and the girl tagged in that picture is Facebook friends with Mollie. Some of the comments on her page imply that she is CR's ex-girlfriend. I do not know that for a fact.

Which part? I'm married to an Indigenous man. Blood quantum isn't really a factor in the modern world, at least not in most cases for most tribal consideration.

What do you mean which part? LOL ? Which tribe? Mi’kmaq. Or are you saying people are only Native if they are on paper? My great great grandmother was a chief. I live beside a reserve :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861