Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. A fantasy. I don't think he set out to kill her though. I think maybe she said "hi" to him once in passing, maybe even smiled at him while doing so as seems to be her thing as a kind, happy person, and he perhaps then started fantasizing about a relationship with her. He likely idealized her and their "impending" relationship, and probably even perfected his routine, got new clothes, a haircut, and some spiffy cologne. Then - the day came when he was going to let her know. Had it all planned out, hence the continued circling around the block to build up the courage. And then - she bruised his fragile 'widdle ego by telling him to kick rocks. Then, instant devaluation. Instant narcissistic rage.

JMO.

These seemingly "tough" ones, are in reality the weakest and most immature of all people.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s extremely arrogant to have a Facebook account if you are in this country illegally? And to have pics of guns on said Facebook....

Someone help me - wouldn't LE have combed through ML's and her brothers Facebook accounts? Or could they? And they would have found the same thing some of you found - granted we are working it from a known position and LE is working a mystery with an ILLEGAL (invisible in some ways) as the person who hurt Mollie - I am so curious if LE was able to get what they needed from Facebook and others.

We all sign terms of service when we venture into cyber lanes. And I hope we have things in place for sites/companies to be able to help just as the neighbor did who provided the cam footage.

Anyone know the legal side of what LE had to hurdle?

As I take a look at what happened I see where the local LE had 4-7 years to know who this guy was if he was driving around this region. In my state, LE routinely does check points and they get to know who drives what where. Do they do that in IA?

Could this case bring check points to the foreground?

From the arrest: http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

( I transcribed it, sorry for any typos)

• Rivera admitted to making contact with a female running in Brooklyn and that he pursued her in his vehicle… Defendant Rivera stated he parked the vehicle, got out and was running behind her and along side of her. Rivera stated she grabbed her phone and said “I’m gonna calle police.” Rivera said he then panicked and got mad and that he then “blocked” his “memory” which is what he does when he gets very upset and doesn’t remember anything after that until he came to an intersection. Rivera stated he then made a u-turn, drove back to an entrance to a field, and then drove into a driveway to a cornfield. He noticed there was an ear piece from headphones in his lap and that is how he realized he put her in the trunk. He went to get her out of the trunk and he noticed blood on the side of her head. … He dragged Tibbetts on foot from his vehicle…

Oh that's convenient---problem for me is how did he know to make a U-turn into the cornfield if he did not know what he did and that he needed to dispose of her body.
He is not only evil but STUPID too---yea keep telling that story , your going to prison for a loooong time stupid !

No they did not. The guidance has to do with "illegal immigration" whihc is a general policy topic and does not refer to the immigration status of the individual. I made no statement on the politics the issue. Do you think politics Prohibition extends to not mentioning or considering of a crime is committed with a gun, and that any mention of a gun in a crime = "gun control"?

This killer was subject to a deportation order as an illegal alien. That is a highly relevant and non political statement of fact the the Washington Post put in their lede.

The deportation order is a COURT ordered US criminal justice PROCESS against this individual. it was levied against this individual with due process.

WRONG.

"If I allowed a political discussion about illegal immigration Websleuths would melt down in minutes. Seriously. The forum would go under from the massive amount of hatred that would spew from both sides and attract others who love to fight about politics.

The fact of the matter is this man is charged with 1st-degree murder not with being an illegal immigrant. If you want to discuss the illegal immigration problem feel free, on another forum. Not here.
Today and for the rest of this discussion, we will focus on Mollie and the facts of the case.

Illegal or not he killed Mollie."

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #33

Does anyone else feel a tight fist clutching at their heart when they think of poor Mollie running terrified and alone down the road, while that unspeakably evil thing mercilessly pursues her? I can't begin to fathom what her last moments were like...and I don't want to.

Let justice roll down like waters.

And every action movie could give any crime in

link?
Mindhunter, Journey into Darkness, Obsession, by FBI Profiler John Douglas and Mark Olshaker.

Whoever Fights Monsters, by Robert Ressler.

The Evil that Men Do, by Roy Hazelwood.

All these books talk about the role of fantasy in lust murder. They discuss research that shows a correlation between media, and the fantasy itself. They are written by very well respected former FBI profilers.

Just got home from work, where I saw the very sad news come across my phone. Have only heard bits of the news conference, and will post more later, but just wanted to extend my sincere condolences to the family and loved ones of this sweet girl. As a parent, I can imagine nothing harder than the loss of your child, unless it is the loss of your child, and not knowing where he/she is, or being able to lay him/her to rest with dignity. Mollie's spirit is already free, but now her remains will no longer be left to lie out in the elements. May the community that has wrapped their arms around this family for the past month continue to do so in the difficult days ahead, and may justice come swiftly for the one responsible for Mollie's death. And for all of you, my Websleuths partners here, thank you for being here for Mollie. I am very proud to be counted among this group. JMO

Last edited:
His Facebook is still up and there is a pic of a baby. I assume this is where people are getting the “ex girlfriend’s” name. But when I clicked on the name shared with the baby pic he is tagged in - she is friends with Mollie. That doesn’t mean she knew her. But could have liked her fb after she went missing. But it is there. Makes you wonder if he did know her and had met her. Or if he knew people friends with her. And make sure you do the spelling off the arrest warrant it is spelled Christhian Bahena Rivera. Shows his hometown in Mexico. Don’t want to post pics that aren’t confirmed since there is a child and another female involved. But it’s still there on Facebook for the moment.

Attachments

• E7A8133F-3814-4C09-BB06-CC92A7629C5D.png
    E7A8133F-3814-4C09-BB06-CC92A7629C5D.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 87
I suspect Mollie's own prejudices or lack of prejudices played a factor in how this crime was able to take place. And this is why there was a tight lipped element to law enforcement. Maybe not, but I suspect it was just based on her tweets. This should be a cautionary tale to all americans especially those that are especially vulnerable.

Are you saying she should have been scared of him because he appeared to be from a different country? Because I am quite sure you cannot tell someone's immigration status or ability to murder by looking at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member