Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case like a hawk but was out of loop for 24 hours while my mom had hip surgery. I AM DEVASTATED! I am just crying and crying and crying.

"Tibbetts' body was covered with corn stalks and that Rivera (POI) led police to her body. Police allege Rivera confessed to circling around Tibbetts a few times with his car before he approached her and then started running alongside her. Rahn said that Rivera told authorities that at one point, Tibbetts told him to leave her alone, clutched her cell phone and threatening to call the police.

Subsequently, Rivera allegedly chased Tibetts down and at some point said he blacked out, Rahn said.

Rivera only said he "seemed to be drawn to her on that particular day and chose to abduct her" and admitted to seeing Tibbetts before. "

The twisted POI has admitted to basically following her, stalking her, and being a downright psychopathic evil, murdering, creep. This POI is every person's WORST nightmare. Like WS radio said, most of the time, people are killed by a friend or romantic partner so this is rare that a stranger did this.

• #1 I am devastated for MT. Mollie could have been ME! I am only a few years older than her. Mollie could have been MY friend. Mollie was hard-working and had a bright future.
  • #2 I am devastated for Mollie's family.
  • <modsnipped do not bring politics into the discussion>

They work with what they have, based on prior cases with similar circumstances. They aren't psychics.
Exactly. I’ll add that this profiler didn’t have the benefit of an actual crime scene, which is crucial in figuring out what type of person committed this crime. No crime scene. No body. Not much to work with.

Sure seems like FBI Profilers (or Ex FBI profilers) get it wrong every time.

The Ex FBI Profiler said Mollie very likely left with someone she knew, someone she trusted.

Other experts on TV predicted a “kidnapper” would be older than this guy.

IIRC the ex FBI profiler was going off the thought that Mollie was taken from the house, which looked undisturbed.
But ever since the DC sniper case, I’ve become leery of profilers.

He’s being referred to as “migrant” and “seasonal” on the local radio stations.
Family of dairy farm where Cristhian Rivera worked speaks out
This individual worked at our farms for four years, was vetted through the government's E-Verify system, and was an employee in good standing. On Monday, the authorities visited our farm and talked to our employees. We have cooperated fully with their investigation. Yarrabee Farms follows all laws related to verifying employees are legal to work in the United States."

Yarrabee Farms: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts murder was employee in good standing
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said that it lodged a federal immigration detainer for Rivera after he was arrested on the murder charge. That move means the agency has probable cause to believe he is subject to deportation.
[...]
Yarrabee Farms, a family-owned company that operates dairy farms in the rolling hills outside Brooklyn, said that Rivera had been an employee in good standing for four years and that it was shocked to learn he was implicated in the crime.

The sequence of his story is also concerning. He came to at an intersection, then drove to a field entrance, then to a driveway entrance to a cornfield, and it was then that he noticed the earpiece and realized she was in the trunk. And when he went to get her from the trunk, he saw that her head was bleeding?

Why did he need a cornfield if he didn't even know she was in the trunk? I realize he's lying about all of it, but it's just creepy. And that's an interesting moment to, suddenly, insert the bleeding head part of the story.

I also wonder if he went back to the scene during all this time.

This guy was a predator in the making. Crime of opportunity by a sexual deviant IMO. He had the opportunity and he acted on it. He follows only provocative looking women on Facebook and Instagram. Creepy, perverted, and voyeuristic.

His story doesn’t make sense. So he grabbed her and threw her in the trunk and then all of a sudden “came to” and realized she was in his trunk. So then he got her out of the trunk and drug her into the field? Doesn’t add up. Did he take her somewhere after he grabbed her and take her back later? Or why even put her in the trunk (DNA)? Why not just leave her in the field?

Crazy to think she was likely dead within a couple hours this whole time. So much for them speaking to everyone in the area early on. I wonder what the points of interest map was in regards to? Were any of them near the farm areas where he worked?

I wonder what prompted this video a month later? Sad to think the police likely had nothing this whole time. :(

I do think she was on the way to mom’s house which is what I was initially thinking.
So often we see this in horrible cases like this: the victim, whether s/he is 6 yrs old or 2o -- 80 years old -- is grabbed, taken somewhere, violated (we don't know this about Mollie yet, AFAIK), and killed within hours of the abduction. Someone who has been kidnapped and and attacked is a danger -- s/he could escape, somehow hurt the abductor, scream and draw attention to the location, get hold of a phone, etc., etc., etc. The abductor needs to get rid of the evidence of his crime, the evidence being the person he abducted and violated. We have seen cases where the person who was kidnapped is held, sometimes for years, but these are rare.
I do wonder, and we may never know, how soon or late LE was suspicious of this man -- one week, 2 weeks -- I'm sure they were as careful as possible to do this the right way for Mollie, her family and for Brooklyn. I felt all along that it would end this way, but I hoped every day that my feeling was wrong.
Bless her heart, and power and strength to her grieving family.

They work with what they have, based on prior cases with similar circumstances. They aren't psychics.

But there’s a long list of female joggers grabbed by strangers and they leave no evidence of struggle.

I kept bringing up Chandra Levy.

Jogging with headphones. Police said no sign of foul play/struggle.

The man arrested was here illegally and had other victims.

Yes sir. I asked about immigrant workers out there since it has so much agricultural fields and farms.

1 poster almost took my head off with What you mean by Immigrants. Lol

Good memory @MassGuy
That's exactly what I recall happening. You got shot right down and that was the end of that. I couldn't remember your name but now I recognize the picture. Now I really would like verification that this was indeed a migrant farm. Haven't seen a source or a link yet, so if anyone sees it please point us in the right direction!

Dear PaulR,

I have found some of the profiles created by the F.B.I. agents astonishingly accurate in many cases.

From crime scenes they are usually accurate as well in determining whether the perpetrator is an "organized offender" or a "disorganized" offender.

I find this and forensic psychology interesting.

Just my opinion.

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

1 PM ET or CT? What channel will this be on? I am sick. I just graduated from college a year ago and Mollie's twitter looked like all of my friends. Mollie could have been me, my friend, a sister, a daughter of anyone here.

It makes me sick to know Mollie was fighting for her life and shouting she was calling 911 and was not able to get help.

I had a sick feeling this case would end up very similar to Sierah Joughrin's with a POI that was a stranger attacking the victim on a jog.

Well, that's it. I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

IIRC the ex FBI profiler was going off the thought that Mollie was taken from the house, which looked undisturbed.
But ever since the DC sniper case, I’ve become leery of profilers.
It all depends on the access to the information that a profiler is given. Of course it’s an art and a science and not every profile will be correct. Age is the toughest to determine, as a person’s psychological age may not jibe with their physical age. One interesting thing I’ve learned from my reading on the subject, is that if a perpetrator goes to prison, especially for a length of time, their psychological (offender) age seems to freeze at the age of incarceration. So a profiler may determine a suspect to likely be in his 20s, but if he has served a 20 year sentence for example, he’s got the mentality of a 20 year old offender, in a 40 year old body.

In looking through his FB page there are many locals in Brooklyn who are friends with him on FB. A gal who works at Caseys, people who work at farms in the area, etc. Some of them are still FB friends with him; in addition to many who have unfriended him. NOT pointing any blame but confirming the fact that he flew under the radar and seemed like a normal guy working in Brooklyn. JMO

Once I was SM-connected to someone who had just been arrested for a crime that ended up with some jail time. It took me a while before I remembered I was even "friends" with them. That certainly wasn't the first thing I was thinking.

I don't believe a word this SOB says. I highly doubt he got out and jogged next to her. He didn't black out. He went into a rage. No one should believe a word he says and I doubt LE does either. I don't feel this was a simple abduction/murder. Wouldn't doubt if he took her elsewhere to assault her. He had a month to come up with this BS. You can tell he thinks he's a pretty boy.

Wonder if her knew Dalton? Jealous of what he and Mollie had. He knew exactly what he was doing and possibly planned it for a while. Probably observed her jogging all summer.

His story doesnt make sense. If he struck her dead after she threatened to call the police wouldnt it make more sense for him to have just left her there/dragged her off the road and just driven away? Its far more likely he knocked her out, took her to the corn fields to sexually assault her and then cover up her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX