IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, immigrant rights groups will come forward with money and a better legal team before this goes to trial. I've personally seen money from an English pro-life/anti-death penalty group used to bring in a dream team for a defense in a Mississippi death penalty case.

What happens, if the Feds threaten to go forward with a death penalty case to give Iowa the leverage to quickly end this with a plea deal for life without parole?
The max in Iowa is life without parole, no death penalty state.

IMO, immigrant rights groups will come forward with money and a better legal team before this goes to trial. I've personally seen money from an English pro-life/anti-death penalty group used to bring in a dream team for a defense in a Mississippi death penalty case.

What happens, if the Feds threaten to go forward with a death penalty case to give Iowa the leverage to quickly end this with a plea deal for life without parole?
Mollie never left the county. What federal crime was committed?

It is my opinion that most English-speaking, natural-born Americans don't have the vocabulary nor background to fully understand being in a legal situation of this magnitude.

That's why they hire a lawyer. I would estimate a good half of my time is spent explaining things to my clients. They can come to me confidentially and ask questions about regulations and laws and hypothetical situations. Everyone has to follow the same laws, even the confusing ones.

But I'm not buying something: He says he abducted her on 385th Ave. Mollie is a smart woman. By now he's been circling and following her for a while. She would have ran back towards town, not away from it.

Maybe I missed you all talking about this.

In a small town like this one and rural, when a car drives by people look out the window to see who it is, let alone drives by a few times.

It was also only 20 meters (60 feet) in so its not it was miles and miles into the cornstalks.

Not sure what you're getting at, but have you ever stood 60 feet into a corn field in mid July when the corn is 7' tall? You might as well be miles and miles in. Any more than about 10 feet in, maybe a little less even, and you lose all perspective as to how far it is to the edge of the field.

Its strategy. Perhaps the lawyer has his own personal agenda for his own personal gain. Big case = bigger exposure for the defense.
disgusting

(to be clear, i do think it's a good thing that defense attorneys exist and they are necessary for the integrity of our justice system. and i'm not knocking defense attorneys as a whole. but wow @ seizing a case because you could get a personal gain from it. just wow)

I love the idea, but what legal theory could the Feds use to get them in on the case?

I’ve been in a situation before where I was just sitting in my driveway in broad daylight with one of my friends as we waited for another friend to arrive.
A creepy green van kept passing us - each time coming from a different direction but i was aware of my surroundings to know something wasn’t right and this was bizarre.
The van passed several times before showing making a stop right in front of my house and quickly they opened the sliding door in the mini van where I could see 2 men in the back and 2 In the drivers and passengers. My friend and I ran so fast into my house and my parents were luckily home at the time.

As the car noticed we ran inside it quickly sped away. We were screaming for my father that some creepy mini van was scoping us out and even opened their doors in an attempt to (maybe try and abduct us? I’m assuming since it was a car full of older men.)

My dad, quickly got into his car and tried to find the van that was stalking us outside but he couldn’t find it because they had a head start to get away. It always stuck with me because of how scary it was and how this does happen in broad daylight a lot of times. Not just at night. My neighborhood is always very very safe so it was definitely odd but scary nonetheless.

its totally true LOL I had a stepfather who has "LMS" he is a super bully and instigator and Attorney and he knows he has it and openly admits official Napoleon Syndrome bigtime believe me it exists!
There is no " official" diagnostic term for this and no such syndrome exists.

In a small town like this one and rural, when a car drives by people look out the window to see who it is, let alone drives by a few times.

Yeah. I grew up in a farming community just like this in the midwest. Only it was huge lol with....3,000 people :D I'm not buying anything the says.

I know this makes me seem trite. I was just looking on a main news web page and they keep slapping up/posting the alleged killer's photo right beside Mollie's. I mean, right beside it over and over. Give the woman some respect, media

Not sure what you're getting at, but have you ever stood 60 feet into a corn field in mid July when the corn is 7' tall? You might as well be miles and miles in. Any more than about 10 feet in, maybe a little less even, and you lose all perspective as to how far it is to the edge of the field.
Fox is showing the exact site where she was found

The 60 feet appears to be a road between two fields off a main road

They have a patch mowed down that is very close to the “road” it appears to be no more than 20x20 but hard to tell from drone view.

But I'm not buying something: He says he abducted her on 385th Ave. Mollie is a smart woman. By now he's been circling and following her for a while. She would have ran back towards town, not away from it.

Maybe I missed you all talking about this.

She was smart, but we shouldn't idealize her, and even if we were a close family member, we don't know how she would have reacted. People can do strange things, under stress. Or maybe her music was on loud, and she never noticed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2