Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it likely LE had the carrier remotely ping her phone and that is how they came to the pig farm. He probably disposed of the phone immediately and also may have also disposed of the Fitbit in the same place.

Silly question but did the pig farm have a cell tower and is it known for certain that Mollie’s cellphone pinged it....or has this been stated so many times that’s it’s become fact. Because I can’t find MSM reporting anything like that. I’m confused because I thought the pig farm was searched because of the misidentified red shirt that was found nearby along with a possible tip in consideration to the owners prior convictions ???

I honestly think there was a nugget of truth in his story and imo until the details come out I think that the first attack whatever it was was ca

This housing looks quite “fancy” as opposed to the citrus farms here. These people live in “dorms” ( worse than that actually). Imagine living in a “rent free” house with 15 other people! Wow what a benefit!!!!
Jeng, where's the rest of your post, I was following along and then... oh never mind I think it's" whatever was the case" that I couldn't make out! I was just going to add, think about any chronic liars you know. There are bits and pieces of the truth mixed in with whatever lie you are telling. Keeping it simple makes it easier to recall their own lies.

Not sure where you got that misinformation. To quote your link above:
..."Investigators say the video shows Rivera following Mollie before she disappeared."...

Don't see anything about CR talking to Mollie on video, especially given that LE barely got the color /shape of the car, and no license number or video of driver.

This article:
New Details About Cristhian Rivera's Unsettling History — Including How He Followed Another Teen Girl In His Car Before Killing Mollie Tibbetts

It was posted earlier in the thread and is the Yahoo article I was referring to. In my post that you quoted, I did not think I linked anything. I see that me copying and pasting the quote from the Yahoo article apparently linked something. That was not what I was referring to.

In this Yahoo article, the quote is two paragraphs below the photo.

Maybe he didn’t have the necessary documentation to start school so off to work he went.
and if an education was important to him, it seems that he would have stayed in Mexico with his parents until his education was complete. maybe there was a reason he didn't want to be with his parents and preferred his uncle. maybe he came from an abusive household.

@Alethea said:
Is the front right part of the car smashed? It looks like an abrupt dent above the lights.

If all still referring to photo from DM puplished day after arrest, that car is an IMPALA and not the chevy in question. I'm sure the Malibu was seized long before we knew CR's name. Did LE release photos? Not likely.. feeling like a red t-shirt....
This is the article with picture we are referring to - originally posted by Gardenista. The other picture is the Impala.

The Search For Mollie Ends In Heartbreak - Oskaloosa News

Last edited:
Silly question but did the pig farm have a cell tower and is it known for certain that Mollie’s cellphone pinged it....or has this been stated so many times that’s it’s become fact. Because I can’t find MSM reporting anything like that. I’m confused because I thought the pig farm was searched because of the misidentified red shirt that was found nearby along with a possible tip in consideration to the owners prior convictions ???
afaik, LE have not commented publicly about why they focused on the pig farm nor have they commented on any red shirt. They have commented about a "digital footprint" but the only expansion on that is what I've seen in the arrest warrant.

Last edited:
Jeng, where's the rest of your post, I was following along and then... oh never mind I think it's" whatever was the case" that I couldn't make out! I was just going to add, think about any chronic liars you know. There are bits and pieces of the truth mixed in with whatever lie you are telling. Keeping it simple makes it easier to recall their own lies.
This is one of those cases again where I tried to delete but it just carried over to the next post I made...ugh! I was thinking that wherever that first attack was caused her to be unconscious until later at that corn field. As a mom I’m was hoping she didn’t have to think through being in the trunk of a car wondering what next. And part of me wished she was and could find a way out of the situation. Was just thinking as a mom and not a sleuth and decided to not post it....lol

I’m certain cell records, Facebook, blog activity other SM were among the very first warrants issued. They also requested banking activity credit reports in all names, employment documents (emergency contacts, etc),

Some records take time. But hiss cell will enable LE to determine where and when he was the evening MT disappeared.

Yea, I want to know the dates of his warrants. Was it before or after viewing the video.

@Alethea said:
Is the front right part of the car smashed? It looks like an abrupt dent above the lights.

If all still referring to photo from DM puplished day after arrest, that car is an IMPALA and not the chevy in question. I'm sure the Malibu was seized long before we knew CR's name. Did LE release photos? Not likely.. feeling like a red t-shirt....
Yes I remember that picture, people were saying " there's the car!" While meanwhile we all new very well it was impounded. Is there another picture claiming it is his car? How can we know? Why would police let the media anywhere near it. Unless there is an old picture floating around.

I’m in FL now and know no one. Everyone is a stranger!!!

I live in a nice gated community. I did however had to learn a lesson from a neighbor whose son I hired to help me. After an entire year paying him, I left for month. He puppy sat my dogs. Upon me return he presented me with an outrageous bill over twice the amount we had agreed upon. I paid it, but it was the final money he received from me.

Lesson: people always have ulterior motives. And Las Vegas is a far cry from the very trusted and appreciated neighbors I had for 35?years in Alaska. In Alaska sometimes having a neighbor there for you is life or death. People here are different.

"When her Fitbit pinged at a hog farm about 10 miles southeast of the house in Brooklyn, IA, where she was last seen, police searched the area but found nothing, Mortvedt said."

Everything We Know About The Disappearance Of Iowa College Student Mollie Tibbetts

You don’t need it as an undocumented immigrant, it’s a right to attend our schools
He may not have been aware that he didn't need documentation to attend school. also, I don't know if the farms would have allowed him to work part-time around school and still provide him with housing, which he definitely would have needed.

I just meant his rather implausible tale of how he encountered her and his 'oops, forgot the rest' story.

I agree with you, I think you made a good point. I was just adding my 2 cents. I have had many cases where clients were caught exaggerating and bragging about acting in a way that unbeknownst to them would constitute fraud, when their underlying actions were not fraudulent and did not violate any regulation. It's still an uphill battle with LE when those types of emails come up because they'll assume it's a true admission until proven otherwise with data or documents.

No it's not. In fact, the case law is leaning the other way. DOJ is pressing to try, convict, and lock up foreign criminals here whenever possible because deporting them results in criminals getting a slap on the wrist in their home countries and attempting to come back into the United States. DOJ guidance is pushing that even for terrorism suspects, and there are a number of pending cases in SDNY. It has been unpopular with the city government in NYC because so much extra security is required downtown when terrorism cases are tried at 500 Pearl Street.

ITA. All the DOJ has done in this case is place the detention hold to ensure the court would not grant a low bail which is what happened in the Sarah Root case. That killer is still in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500