CO CO - Christopher Abeyta, 7 mos, Colorado Springs, 15 July 1986

Thx all. I’ll have to try and check it out on a laptop. Comments don’t come up for me cia iPhone.

Now that I re-look at the photos, it seems to me like real Chris has no dimple but the person claiming to be does. Of course, people can grow and change, but I don’t feel hopeful re: this.

James Bergeron, was arrested in 1995 for kidnapping a 10-month old boy. Bergeron was arrested while driving a truck registered to Christopher Abeyta’s older brother. Bergeron lived in Colorado Springs during the time Christopher disappeared. He is the same age as Christopher's older brother.

Colorado Springs Gazette Telegraph Archives, Mar 8, 1996

Let`s Not Forget The Missing Children
Christopher Abeyta's mother says that the whole family was given lie-detector tests by the Colorado Springs Police Department and, later, by the FBI. According to Mrs. Abeyta, the rest of the family passed the tests -- and she failed. She has no explanation for this. <modsnipped statement with no link to substantiate>

Last edited by a moderator:
James Bergeron, was arrested in 1995 for kidnapping a 10-month old boy. Bergeron was arrested while driving a truck registered to Christopher Abeyta’s older brother. Bergeron lived in Colorado Springs during the time Christopher disappeared. He is the same age as Christopher's older brother.

Colorado Springs Gazette Telegraph Archives, Mar 8, 1996
This was thoroughly checked out the info you have is just from a newspaper article.

<modsnip>

Bernice Abeyta failed two lie detector tests and her husband, Gil Abeyta, admitted he wasn’t thrilled about the unplanned pregnancy that produced his baby son.

That led police to suspect the child’s parents in his disappearance.

Abeytas picture the man their missing son would be today
I am the person interviewed for this article, but the portion you quote is not in any quotes, but written by the writer. I can tell you the police have NEVER publicly discussed the polygraph, so it is only because my family has been transparent and forthcoming with information. My mother along with all of my family took polygraphs, and she was told she failed the first one, so she asked the investigators if that failed polygraph was hindering them looking for her son and they said "yes", so she agreed to take a second one. The second one was inconclusive. She thought she had failed it because of the way the questions were being asked and we found out actually the year this article you shared that the second test was inconclusive. I had been the youngest next to Christopher and there was a 15 year age gap. My parents also had my sister who has down's syndrome and when she was born in the 60's Doctor's said they could institutionalize her (sadly, that was not uncommon back then), but they didn't, she was their daughter and they knew they would care for her, her entire life.

Secondly, my parents were HONEST and TRUTHFUL telling investigators that Christopher was an unplanned pregnancy which it was and quite frankly so was I! I was the 6th child. Here is a portion of a public record under oath of testimony by my mother
"Attorney: So in the time that you were separated, I think you said you were working on your relationship, right?
Bernice: Yes.
Attorney: How was he as a dad?
Bernice: He was good, he was proud of um … we’d take Christopher to the baseball games, and he gave Christopher a … sort of a medal he won at one of the games, and he was excited I think about having Christopher with him.
Attorney: Was he shocked initially too?(note: This question was about them finding out Bernice was pregnant)
Bernice: Yes.
Attorney: Was he upset?
Bernice: No.
Attorney: Was he angry?
Attorney: Did he bring up abortion to you?
Attorney: Did he ever talk about not being happy that Christopher was being born, here you were, like Denise was going to be out of the home soon, it was just going to be three of you, you, him, and Shawnette, right … did he talk about that he was disappointed that … or upset that that was going to change the plans?
Bernice: No … no."

Which would mean something if polygraphs weren't completely unreliable.
We know polygraph's are used as a "tool" for investigations. And the FBI even uses them as a tool if someone "passes" a polygraph whom they know lies and suspect could be a sociopath/psychopath.

I have had conversations with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, and they warn law enforcement about giving parents of missing polygraphs, because they can produce false results.

Police have never named a suspect in this case.
A person of interest has been named "Colorado Springs police have a person of interest in the case. It's someone that family members have suspected for years. Christopher's family believes there is enough evidence to get a grand jury investigation open to finally bring closure to the case." Colorado family continues to search for baby stolen from crib 32 years ago

Christopher's kidnapper sat by and watched year after year my parents search for Christopher. It was a cruel act. My parents (when my mom was alive) have met with the District Attorney's office and requested the District Attorney to initiate a Grand Jury Investigation. We continue to communicate with the DA's office.

"Lt. Howard Black, public information officer of the Colorado Springs Police Department, told ABC News that the case of Christopher Abeyta is an ongoing, active investigation that is being worked through the cold case unit of homicide and missing persons. A person of interest has been named in the case, he said." via Dying Mom Has Final Wish to Find Son Taken From Crib 30 Years Ago
"Colorado Springs Police say they now have a person of interest in the case. It's someone that family members have suspected for years."

A 1991 article:
In the four and a half years since then, Mr. Abeyta and his wife, Bernice, have crisscrossed the United States in search of their missing child...
But their search has come to focus increasingly on Mexico, where they believe Christopher may have been sold for adoption beyond the reach of American authorities.
Mexico City Journal; Down the Years, a Father Hunts His Stolen Son

With all the tens of thousands of street-begging, orphaned children running around unsupervised in Mexico, why would someone in Mexico have purchased Christopher?

<modsnipped due to no link to substantiate what was supposedly read somewhere>

I'm not able to find any article where a Colorado Springs' detective or member of the police department states - is quoted - that their department has a person of interest and it's someone the family has suspected for years. Where can I find this link? TIA

Last edited:
There is a lot in your comment, but interesting observations. I agree strongly with your statement, "Emotional or financial forces, and to be honest, both could be in play."

There were no caregivers/babysitters for my sister with down's syndrome. Christopher was absolutely the biological son of my mom and dad.

The trophy was won by Christopher's father at a baseball game he participated in, in the previous weeks before his abduction.

Your statement, "The sick person makes others mentally disturbed by lying and deceiving and women often will use sexual means to gain or try to gain control of a situation which is very important to them." I found this article Helpful Hints: Psychopathic Behavior - PoliceLink
especially beneficial because it discusses how someone could get other people to get involved in his or her behavior, crimes, and rescue.

"Police officers should very carefully consider as a possible psychopath the criminal who is able to involve many people in his or her behavior, crimes, and rescue."

"Ordinary lawbreakers will avoid the police and not volunteer to help them solve crimes. On the other hand, psychopaths often see their criminal activities as a game between themselves and the police....."

"Ordinary lawbreakers generally maintain some creed of loyalty to friends, family, or even to their opposition to society. However, psychopaths are uncommitted, with loyalty to no one and no sincerely held attitudes for or against anything."

"Review the arrest record. Psychopaths’ rap sheets will reflect a variety of crimes. Because of their immature need for immediate gratification, these persons’ crimes are extremely unpredictable.

"Well-integrated and functioning psychopaths can usually beat a lie detector (polygraph), or at least produce an inconclusive result (Reese 1987)."

"Speech is often used to conceal thoughts. This is certainly true of psychopaths. They are completely capable of responding to vague questions with vague answers and to concrete questions with concrete answers. In this way, they are often able to persuade themselves that they are telling the truth."

With all the tens of thousands of street-begging, orphaned children running around unsupervised in Mexico, why would someone in Mexico have purchased Christopher?

Because white, blue eyed blonde children are a rarity in Mexico.
Also, it is a myth that " all who live in Mexico are poverty- striken" if that's what you mean.

Did any of you see the article in the current news about the American young woman who died on board the multi-billionaire Mexican national's yacht this past week? He was told to leave the boat where it was, off a Greek island, I believe, but he has FLED back to Mexico. She was a gorgeous white, blue eyed blonde of only 20 years.

Last thing: I don't have any reason to believe Christopher Abeyta was taken to Mexico and sold, but if it was done by the person the family is suspecting, then she may even have had access to his birth certificate <modsnipped>
The surname of Abeyta might also help get him into central America's wealthiest filthiest hands as well. Once he was sold out of Central America, his name would have been changed, of course.

( Note- I don't think this is what happened but am willing to consider other options for the sake of rational discussion.)

<modsnipped comment with no link to substantiate>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedStateRenegade