AL - Jakayla Ashanti Williams, 18, Charged With Murder for Tossing live Newborn in Dumpster, Dothan, Aug 2023

Moo....why would death penalty be sought? She is not a danger to society. Infanticide of a new born, is an act of not wanting or caring or bonding with new born. But is not usually violent. Where as the death of a child or adult is violent and the person is a danger. But there is not usually a life sentence...I do not understand the logic....moo
That baby was a human being who had every chance of living a life of happiness and love. She took that away from him, just as much as any other murderer. Just because he is an infant, doesn't mean he doesn't count.

Also, she put him in a freaking trash compactor. That's next level sick and cruel and deeply violent.

MOO

Last edited:
Moo...but she is not a danger to society. Infanticide is as old as time itself. If the babe is not wanted, many are secret pregnancies, there is no bond. If a person keeps their child and abused them to death after a few years, that I see as much worse. A new born has no understanding of life or death. Doesn't really matter how you die, it is only those that are alive that may react emotionally....moo

Probably everyone here is asking why didn't she? Just SMH.
She is in Big Trouble at 18 years old.
All of this is just awful.
Yes, her family went to the hospital looking for the baby. She told them she left the baby there.

I think the prosecutor is only considering the appropriateness and will address it later in the case. I’m pretty sure it’s a bargaining chip as the dp is an uphill battle in most cases. IOW to induce her to plead guilty on a lesser charge in a deal. She’s young, just one year beyond protective laws barring the dp without a court decision and probably an automatic appeal.

This article explains it a bit more thoroughly:
If given an option, I would vote for life in prison with no parole.

Moo....why would death penalty be sought? She is not a danger to society. Infanticide of a new born, is an act of not wanting or caring or bonding with new born. But is not usually violent. Where as the death of a child or adult is violent and the person is a danger. But there is not usually a life sentence...I do not understand the logic....moo
Was it that hard to just drop the baby off at a hospital?

I agree with this - what she did was awful, but it's not on the same level as someone who plans and then carries out the murder of another.

She gave birth by herself, which was probably very painful and traumatic, and then she made an awful decision. But a life sentence? Come on.

But we're talking about Alabama, which is notoriously backward in its thinking.

What the state needs to do is take steps to make sure young women are taught in school that they can surrender their babies without getting in trouble and that they must do that.

Maybe the state should be tried for the murder of that baby since they passed a law forbidding young women to abort early in their pregnancy.

Actions have consequences.

Actions do have consequences and hopefully this murderous ( I hate to use the term mother) is going to find that out. There are two large hospitals in Dothan and fire stations all over town where she could have safely left this baby. It did not deserve to be thrown out like trash.

I agree with this - what she did was awful, but it's not on the same level as someone who plans and then carries out the murder of another.

She gave birth by herself, which was probably very painful and traumatic, and then she made an awful decision. But a life sentence? Come on.

But we're talking about Alabama, which is notoriously backward in its thinking.

What the state needs to do is take steps to make sure young women are taught in school that they can surrender their babies without getting in trouble and that they must do that.

Maybe the state should be tried for the murder of that baby since they passed a law forbidding young women to abort early in their pregnancy.

Actions have consequences.
She was aware that she could surrender her baby.

Actions do have consequences and hopefully this murderous ( I hate to use the term mother) is going to find that out. There are two large hospitals in Dothan and fire stations all over town where she could have safely left this baby. It did not deserve to be thrown out like trash.
I completely agree. This baby was a person.

Not just thrown out - thrown into a compactor and crushed like a bug. An unimaginably painful and hideous death. One I wouldn't wish on the worst of the worst criminals.

There is no minimising the cruelty and callousness required to kill a human being that way.

MOO

The scientist just beat me to the punch! I was just typing the absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence!

Not just thrown out - thrown into a compactor and crushed like a bug. An unimaginably painful and hideous death. One I wouldn't wish on the worst of the worst criminals.

There is no minimising the cruelty and callousness required to kill a human being that way.

MOO
Yes, and then told her family she surrendered the baby to the hospital. IMO she knew what she was doing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53
Back