Found Deceased AZ - Arthur Gustafson, 34, Phoenix, 27 July 2018

I am not sure. His ex is hoping that he left to check himself in somewhere to work on his mental health. I know they were both really upset about the breakup but it was mutual as far as I know. They broke up a few months ago so it isn’t super new but it happened this year so it’s absolutely a possibility that he hasn’t moved on and that motivated him. No one knew he was going anywhere so it could have been premeditated or it could have been a spur of the moment thing. I feel like if he intended to be gone and has succeeded it would be premeditated but things happen all the time that seem abnormal. And then of course there is the chance that he didn’t intend to be gone this long and something is wrong.

He really just left nothing to go on.

There something about the not-knowing what has happened to a missing person. It’s the worst feeling in the world. So many possibilities. I hope Arthur has just gone somewhere to get his head straight and will be home soon. Until then, sending you prayers of strength and comfort LK x

There are a couple of men found dead that I am looking at who have yet to be identified. Anyone know how I can find out if Arthur has been ruled out?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/apnews.com/amp/f8f4e9b9d9e742c384cef8b3bbc09bd2

Man found dead on hiking trail on Phoenix mountain

The one by Saguaro Lake, just call or have family contact the Sheriff's office. Explain the situation and I am sure they could at least let you know if it is not him. I don't think that they would inform you of a name or if you are not family that it is him. It has been about 5 days since they have found the man, so it is either an identification issue or family notification issue. I cannot find anywhere that the name has been released yet.

The one by Saguaro Lake, just call or have family contact the Sheriff's office. Explain the situation and I am sure they could at least let you know if it is not him. I don't think that they would inform you of a name or if you are not family that it is him. It has been about 5 days since they have found the man, so it is either an identification issue or family notification issue. I cannot find anywhere that the name has been released yet.
Thank you. I’m not a direct relative so I didn’t think calling would go anywhere. Maybe I will contact my friend who was very close to him and see if she is able to get the info, otherwise I can just call on my own and hope they’ll rule him out.

Update: Arthur’s rent has not been paid for August. His landlord is beginning the eviction proceedings. He will not let anyone in the apartment to gather Arthur’s belongings even though there is an active missing person investigation. Anyone who knows how to help with this while we try to locate Arthur would be greatly appreciated.

LeslieKnope, my recommendation would be to contact his parents and ask them to pay Arthur's rent for this month. If that is not possible, then you might start a for all of his friends and relatives to donate to.

Update: Arthur’s rent has not been paid for August. His landlord is beginning the eviction proceedings. He will not let anyone in the apartment to gather Arthur’s belongings even though there is an active missing person investigation. Anyone who knows how to help with this while we try to locate Arthur would be greatly appreciated.
I would, also, contact a estate attorney. I would think someone would answer a couple of questions without having issue.

Wow, I understand how awful it must be to not have a paying tenant, but how heartless to not allow anyone to pack up his belongings.

It feels heartless but legally the landlord is not allowed to let anyone into the apartment. A lot of times people who live in apartments have notarized letters allowing their family to enter their apartment - his parents or a brother or sister most likely would have this, if he ever executed such a letter and then they could enter and remove his possessions.

One way, his friends could help with this investigation would be to see if you have any recent photos of the inside of Arthur's apartment and share those with the police. These photos could be used to determine if anything is missing.

There still is nothing in the media that I have seen. But, I am not seeing much from any family either. On, social media I mean. Odd.

There still is nothing in the media that I have seen. But, I am not seeing much from any family either. On, social media I mean. Odd.
Me either. Many of the people who were in the original group of folks looking for him have stopped posting about it but he is for sure still missing. A couple people, his family and his ex girlfriend, are working on getting Arthur’s belongings from his apartment. Trying to, anyway. That’s all I know. I informed the person I am helping about the body found in saguaro lake to see if she is able to have the person ruled out or confirmed as Arthur but she read it and never replied. I wish I knew more specifically where he was last. I’m too involved now to let Arthur be forgotten. I don’t feel confident that he is still alive but I’d like for his family and friends to get closure at least. His vehicle hasn’t even been found.

Me either. Many of the people who were in the original group of folks looking for him have stopped posting about it but he is for sure still missing. A couple people, his family and his ex girlfriend, are working on getting Arthur’s belongings from his apartment. Trying to, anyway. That’s all I know. I informed the person I am helping about the body found in saguaro lake to see if she is able to have the person ruled out or confirmed as Arthur but she read it and never replied. I wish I knew more specifically where he was last. I’m too involved now to let Arthur be forgotten. I don’t feel confident that he is still alive but I’d like for his family and friends to get closure at least. His vehicle hasn’t even been found.
Hopefully, they will update the info on the human remains found near Buckeye, soon!

Body found on side of State Route 85 and Hazen Road, MCSO says

My suspicion based only on what I’ve picked up from the posts about him and knowing the patterns with missing folks, I think he went off somewhere to commit suicide. It’s just strange to me that they know the general area he was in at one point and still his vehicle hasn’t even been located. Not even abandoned. It really seems like no one was looking for him. And now he could be anywhere.

My suspicion based only on what I’ve picked up from the posts about him and knowing the patterns with missing folks, I think he went off somewhere to commit suicide. It’s just strange to me that they know the general area he was in at one point and still his vehicle hasn’t even been located. Not even abandoned. It really seems like no one was looking for him. And now he could be anywhere.
Sadly, I have the same feelings concerning the outcome of this, please don't get discouraged. It is very easy to hide a vehicle. Sometimes, hiding it in plain site. Hold out hope that if Arthur decided to end his life that he will allow those that loved him to have closure, somehow. If you read other cases on WS, you will see that there are numerous cases very similar to Arthurs.

I have a bad feeling about this too. Many comedians are actually very depressed even though they try to make people laugh. Robin Williams is just an example.

I have a hard time believing the police haven’t found his vehicle yet... Arthur has had NO press coverage to my knowledge which is even more discouraging. It’s frustrating to think that he’s just gone after seeing him M-F at work for so long. It’s now been almost two months! :( does ANYONE have an update?

Just read the more recent updates - I hope Arthur is found soon. Thoughts are with those close to him, and thanks for your posts LK, I can't imagine how difficult it must be to not have any answers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back