Found Deceased CO - Kevin Rudnicki, 20, hiker, Mount Herman, Pike National Forest, 3 Sep 2018

doodles1211

Reaction score
Possible-missing-hiker-Kevin-1024x576.jpg

"MONUMENT – Search and rescue crews have suspended their search Monday night for a missing hiker in the Mt. Herman area.

El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Jacqueline Kirby said 20-year-old Kevin Rudnicki went hiking Sunday morning and hasn’t returned home.

Rudnicki is 5’9 and weighs 140 pounds. He was last seen wearing a green t-shirt, khaki cargo shorts with tan boots and a University of Wyoming baseball cap."

Rudnicki was last seen on the trail by one of his teachers around 8:45 a.m. Sunday. Kirby said the search was suspended Monday because the terrain in the area is rugged and is too dangerous to navigate in the dark.
Search suspended Monday night for missing hiker in Mt. Herman area | KOAA.com

I am not familiar with that case, but here is msm. It says he would travel Mount Herman Rd. Again, not familiar.

Tim Watkins’ last ride: Unresolved murder of Palmer Lake mountain biking icon leaves community deeply unsettled

Hiya Doodles the Tim Watkins case for quite a while was loosely associated with the Abby and Libby case. Tim has a thread on here somewhere lots of information about the area and utilities that may be helpful.

Kind Regards
Reacher

Edited to correct surname

Last edited by a moderator:
Crews search for missing hiker in El Paso County

Kevin Rudnicki's family says he left for a hike on Mount Herman just before 8 Sunday morning. He was supposed to be back Sunday afternoon for his niece's birthday party.

"I know he took four water bottles and a banana with him; he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. He was not prepared to go camping overnight. ... He did not take a sleeping bag, he did not take food with him. Nothing was missing from the home," his mother said.

Search will resume Tuesday morning.

Rudnicki is described as a 20-year-old white male with curly red/auburn hair. He is 5-foot-9. His mother says he was last seen wearing a green t-shirt, khaki shorts and a Wyoming ball cap.

Isn't this where Tim Watkins the cyclist was found back in 2017 ?
Yes. Same area. I've linked below to an article published last April that sums up TW's case. Scroll through pics for a map. TW was found near the mouth of Limbaugh Canyon (Trail #715 off Mt Herman Rd), one trail away from Raspberry Mtn Trail #716 that Kevin was last seen on.

Thoughts are with Kevin's family, earnestly hoping he is safe and located very soon.

ETA: just now seeing the article was already linked above by doodles.

Tim Watkins’ last ride: Unresolved murder of Palmer Lake mountain biking icon leaves community deeply unsettled

Reynolds is especially concerned knowing her son was hiking in the same area a mountain biker was murdered almost exactly one year ago. Tim Watkins' killer has never been found.

"I said, 'You know, a year ago Tim was murdered on this mountain. Make sure you bring your pocket knife with you.' He said, 'Well, I have my multi-purpose tool. My knife is back at school.' I said, 'Be safe, keep your eyes open, it's not safe up there.' He agreed," Reynolds told 11 News.

"To have my son go up a year later in the same area and not come home is very concerning to us."

Nothing new to report. Crews are searching until dark and will resume tomorrow. This kid was a student at the University of Wyoming, and was supposed to drive back to college on Monday. He grew up in the area and was very familiar with the mountains and trails in the area. This is the very same area where Tim Watkins was shot and killed nearly a year ago.

The fact that this is the same area of TW's murder is giving me a really bad feeling about this. I am following a couple other missing hiker cases, and those seem (IMO) to be most likely that the person was hurt or turned around or fell, etc. and that is why they have not been found. But I worry there is something more nefarious going on here. Again just MOO but it seems odd to have a murder occur and then in the very same area almost exactly a year later another outdoorsperson goes missing.

The fact that this is the same area of TW's murder is giving me a really bad feeling about this. I am following a couple other missing hiker cases, and those seem (IMO) to be most likely that the person was hurt or turned around or fell, etc. and that is why they have not been found. But I worry there is something more nefarious going on here. Again just MOO but it seems odd to have a murder occur and then in the very same area almost exactly a year later another outdoorsperson goes missing.

BBM.

Yes, especially since the prior murder has never been solved.

Nothing new to report. Crews are searching until dark and will resume tomorrow. This kid was a student at the University of Wyoming, and was supposed to drive back to college on Monday. He grew up in the area and was very familiar with the mountains and trails in the area. This is the very same area where Tim Watkins was shot and killed nearly a year ago.

The video at your link says Tim's widow also went to the search yesterday. What an amazing display of strength and support, it could not have been easy being there, triggering memories of her own nightmare of waiting and hoping. I can't imagine what this community and both families are going through right now given the history at this area. Hoping this day brings good news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back