Found Deceased GA - Morgan Bauer, 19, flew from MN, Citgo station, Covington, 27 Feb 2016 *arrests*

I agree, and I also hope the police have done their due diligence in regards to the man walking behind Morgan in that video.

I think detectives made a big mistake not questioning that couple. I think it was mentioned on the Vanished podcast that the couple since moved to different states, like the girl moved to one state and the guy moved to another. Apparently, there was some very disturbing things posted to their social media, like what was mentioned above, yet as far as I know they were never seriously question.

I think ATL PD holds the opinion that Morgan is willingly missing. I think this is a horrible stance to take on their part.

I agree, and I also hope the police have done their due diligence in regards to the man walking behind Morgan in that video.

I think detectives made a big mistake not questioning that couple. I think it was mentioned on the Vanished podcast that the couple since moved to different states, like the girl moved to one state and the guy moved to another. Apparently, there was some very disturbing things posted to their social media, like what was mentioned above, yet as far as I know they were never seriously question.

I think ATL PD holds the opinion that Morgan is willingly missing. I think this is a horrible stance to take on their part.

I know you posted this a while ago but I fully agree with this one. I don't think the PD took her disappearance seriously. I'm not sure how her original post got removed from Websleuth but I believe the whole thing was mishandled from the beginning and people thought that she wasn't really missing. I think people thought she wanted nothing to do with her mother, etc. etc. By the time people started taking her case seriously it was way too late.

I know you posted this a while ago but I fully agree with this one. I don't think the PD took her disappearance seriously. I'm not sure how her original post got removed from Websleuth but I believe the whole thing was mishandled from the beginning and people thought that she wasn't really missing. I think people thought she wanted nothing to do with her mother, etc. etc. By the time people started taking her case seriously it was way too late.

This is so sad, 4 months from now it will be 3 years from the day Morgan disappeared, if the disappearance was taken seriously from the start maybe Morgan could have been found or the people who responsible would brought to justice ,sadly I believe that we are talking about foul play.

I just can't stop thinking about Morgan, she had plans and dreams and something very bad happened,
I feel so sorry for her family.:(

I hope that more authorities will intervene
and bring Morgan home.

Morgan Bauer mysteriously vanished after she moved from Aberdeen, South Dakota to Atlanta, Georgia. According to Sherri Sichmeller, Morgan’s mother, the 19-year-old had arranged to stay with a man she met on Craigslist, offering to clean and do other chores until she settled into a job. But for an unknown reason, Morgan was reportedly kicked out of that temporary home and was living at a local motel. She stopped posting on social media and last spoke with family members and friends on February 29, 2016. Sherri told Dateline she continues to fight for her daughter’s case to receive the attention it deserves and regularly posts on the Missing MorganFacebook page. No suspects or persons of interest have been named in this case.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

3 years ago Morgan disappeared, sadly I believe that someone harmed Morgan, the couple which morgan met are the last one who saw morgan alive , I believe they know much more than they told to the police,I also think they are very possible suspects , they should investigated again with much more pressure.

I feel so sad for Morgan , for her mother and for all her family and her friends.
There is a new detective on Morgan case , I wish he will finally bring Morgan home and will bring Justice and closure soon !

Last edited:
....According to reports at the time, Bauer:
-Caught a flight to Atlanta in Minneapolis on Feb. 12, 2016.
Had housing arrangements fall through the second day she was in Atlanta, so found a room at a hotel.
-Last posted to Facebook and Instagram Feb. 25, 2016. One post indicated she found a job at a strip club called Tease.
-Was reported missing to the Atlanta Police Department and has been considered a missing person since March 12, 2016.
She is still listed as a missing person by the police department.

Keenan said she continues to hold out hope that her daughter, who turns 23 this year, will be found. Bauer's story has been featured on three cold case podcasts — "Vanished" in November 2017, "Frozen in Time" in February and "Mysteriously Missing" in January. Each detail how she simply disappeared.
Keenan said one possibility is that her daughter became a victim of human trafficking. "At this point, I don't believe she's out there on her own," Keenan said.
She is offering a $5,000 reward for information about Bauer and plans to make an announcement soon doubling that total for information that leads to the immediate retrieval of her daughter.

'I don't believe she's out there on her own,' says mom of missing...

Mother of woman missing in Atlanta since 2016 continues search for answers, offers $10,000 reward

August 10, 2019

ATLANTA — Nearly 3-and-a-half years have passed since Morgan Bauer went missing.

On Saturday, Bauer's mother came to a community event in downtown Atlanta to hand out flyers of her daughter's case.

"There isn't a lot of information out there," Morgan's mother Sherri Keenan said. "Morgan is a cold case, but an active cold case with the Atlanta Police Department."

Read More: Mother of woman missing in Atlanta since 2016 continues search for answers, offers $10,000 reward

The Murder Squad podcast (Paul Holes and Billy Jensen) recently did an episode about Morgan's case - including a long interview with her mother. Morgan Bauer MISSING - The Murder Squad

Before Morgan Went Missing:
On February 12, 2016, Morgan Aryn Bauer left her home in Aberdeen, South Dakota, to start over in Atlanta, Georgia. She flew from Minneapolis, Minnesota into Atlanta.

Morgan had arranged to stay with someone she met through Craigslist despite telling her mother Sherri she was staying with friends. After one night in town, the person put all of Morgan's belongings outside with a note saying don't come back.

She began staying at local motels and looking for work. Morgan got a job as an exotic dancer at a club called the Top of Gainesville. With a friend she met at Top of Gainesville, she auditioned at the Atlanta club Tease. She posted on Facebook on February 25, 2016, she now worked there.

Morgan Missing:
It was the last post Morgan posted before she went missing. There are conflicting stories what happened after that. She spent time with the woman and her boyfriend she had auditioned with at Tease. The area they lived in was the last place Morgan's phone pinged.

The couple ultimately told police that they saw Morgan get into a green Mitsubishi Eclipse at the Citgo located on the 3700 block of Highway 278 in Covington, Georgia. By the time law enforcement began looking for Morgan, there was no surveillance footage to confirm this account.

The Search:
Morgan's best friend called Morgan's mom Sherri on March 15, 2016 to tell her she hadn't heard from Morgan. Sherri had noticed a lack of social media posting by Morgan and was already worried. She flew to Atlanta and reported Morgan missing.

Sherri began searching for Morgan herself on top of the Atlanta Police Department investigation. She contacted everyone Morgan had been in contact with in Georgia-including the couple Morgan was with the night she quit posting on social media and having contact with friends back home.

Despite her searches, Morgan has still not been found. She hasn't posted on social media, gotten a job, credit card, car or contacted friends or family.

Morgan's Characteristics:
At the time she went missing Morgan had brown hair and blue eyes. She is 5'6" and 130 pounds. Her ears are gauged, she has two lip piercings, and a pierced navel.

She has several tattoos: a sun and moon inside a Celtic four-star design on the right side of her chest near her shoulder, an anchor with the sentence "Whatever you love can be taken away, so live like it's your dying day."

Paul Holes seems of the opinion that Morgan definitely didn't leave of her own accord and he has a belief she was trafficked - he made the point that her tattoos may well have been altered by her trafficker/s.

It's so sad IMO that Morgan's case hasn't been given much attention. It sounds like there was a good thread about her here on websleuths that got taken down. Can we bring over some of those posts? I'll report my comment so an admin can advise.

Trafficking gets brought up a lot in missing young women posts here and most of the time it is totally unlikely.
Morgan is one young woman who I absolutely believe was trafficked. I truly hope she is out there alive and will be found one day soon or find a way out. Sadly, many trafficked women become addicted to drugs and complacent, never challenging their pimps or their new identities. As heartbreaking as it would be, there is also a small chance Morgan hooked up with one of the gangster types she seemed to be going after* and is willingly living her life with a new name.

*this is something I remember from the old thread and her facebook profile as the reason she chose Atlanta

Morgan Aryn Bauer – The Charley Project
bauer_morgan.jpg
morgan_aryn_bauer_2.jpg
morgan_aryn_bauer_3.jpg
morgan_aryn_bauer_4.jpg
bauer_morgan5.jpg

• Missing Since 02/27/2016
  • Missing From Atlanta, Georgia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/13/1996 (24)
  • Age 19 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics - Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Bauer's ears are gauged, her lip is pierced twice and her navel is pierced.

tattoos:
  • a sun and moon inside a Celtic four-star design on the right side of her chest near her shoulder
  • an anchor with the sentence "Whatever you love can be taken away, so live like it's your dying day." on her left wrist
  • a blue and orange jellyfish on the inside of her right forearm
  • a black tree of life with tiny flowers on the back of her neck
  • the sentence "It's in herself she will find the strength she needs." on her left hip.
Photos of five of the tattoos are posted with this case summary.

Details of Disappearance
Bauer left her hometown of Aberdeen, South Dakota and flew from Minneapolis, Minnesota to Atlanta, Georgia, arriving on February 12, 2016. For one night she stayed with someone she met online. She was supposed to clean and do chores for the man until she found a job and could pay rent, but he asked her to leave, so she checked into a hotel.

She worked for about a week as an exotic dancer in Gainesville, Georgia, then returned to Atlanta, where she was sighted at the Tease strip club on Cheshire Bridge Road on February 25. The club manager said she had applied for a job, but didn't have the correct paperwork.

Bauer kept in close touch with her friends after she left South Dakota, but all the contact stopped on February 25. She was last seen at a Citgo gas station in the 3200 block of Highway 278 in Covington, Georgia in the early morning hours of February 27. Since then, she hasn't been on social media, which is very uncharacteristic of her; she normally posted daily. She had very little money at the time of hr disappearance.

The circumstances of Bauer's disappearance are unclear. Police stated there's no evidence of foul play in her case, but her family fears she could be in danger. She may still be in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Her case remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back